Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367

And I don't know if it's just my new GPU or the game, or a combo of both but I have the graphics at the highest possible level and I have to say this lighting and detail is amazing.

Ohh, I love the shelves along the ceiling for collectables! Never thought of that!
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndreaSim24
Ohh, I love the shelves along the ceiling for collectables! Never thought of that!

Thanks! I actually didn't initially think about that. I had them staggered like one high and to the left, then one to the right in the middle then one lower to the left. I went to move them to add another and it jumped to the top and I was like, " oh, yea, that looks nice". lol

Oh, the only problem though is if you do the "build ceiling" feature and put in a ceiling their heads slightly go through the ceiling. lol
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:36 AM
This isn't really a 'what's happening" but I didn't want to make a new thread...

I'm currently making some new sims to fill my legacy houd. I really like the way some of the generations looked, so I wanted to use them as a 'base' for the apperance of the new sims. Is there a way to 'clone' a sim you saved so it doesn't retain the base sims skills and relationships and such?
I'm not even sure if that was clear.....it's been a long day. :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#154 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:40 AM
This isn't really a 'what's happening" but I didn't want to make a new thread...

I'm currently making some new sims to fill my legacy houd. I really like the way some of the generations looked, so I wanted to use them as a 'base' for the apperance of the new sims. Is there a way to 'clone' a sim you saved so it doesn't retain the base sims skills and relationships and such?
I'm not even sure if that was clear.....it's been a long day. :P

I think you might be able to save the family at some point to the gallery and it will have the skills you want it to. I'm not 100% sure tho.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
So the Grim Reaper has become some sort of permanent fixture to one of my nightclubs... He seems to turn up every time to party, no matter what household I send there.

My current sim became pretty good friends with him.
That's one for the Christmas card, for sure!

Then my morbid curiosity kicked in and I wondered just how friendly could she get with ol' Grimmy...
Ok, start off small. just some coy looks, show off some sexy dance moves...
Time to lay on the charm, looks like he's warming up to it. Everyone knows Grim can't resist roses.
Oh my. Too much charm.
I can't tell if that look is one of worry or intrigue at this whole situation I got her into.

That's as far as I've got their relationship for now, not sure how far it can actually go seeing as you can't invite him out or anything, so the only place she can meet up with him is at the nightclub.

Though he does phone her during the day... A lot. So he seems pretty keen.
Instructor
#156 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:24 AM
I realized I'm too emotionally attached to my current family to let the Elders (my original sim and her husband) die when it's their time. They're not ready yet! Their kids still have to have kids so they can see their grandkids! They made it to the last day when you get the message saying their life is coming to an end and to wrap up their affairs and I quickly had the daughter who was only bf/gf hurry up and get married and knocked up, and the already married son hurried up and got his spouse knocked up. The son was living with the parents already but I also went ahead and moved the daughter and her new husband in too (in the middle of the night no less). I want them to all be together! I just built them a little one room building out back.

I seriously thought I was going to lose it when my elders were about to die. I had them hugging and laughing with just the two of them, like spending their last moments together and I just couldn't keep my shit together and let them die like they were supposed to. I bought them Youth Potions and restarted their Elder Clock.
This was supposed to be their last moments but instead became the beginning of their second run through Elderly. But look at them. They're just so cute and their relationship is 100 on friendship and romance and has been since they got married!
Alchemist
#157 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 7:37 AM
I realized I'm too emotionally attached to my current family to let the Elders (my original sim and her husband) die when it's their time. They're not ready yet! Their kids still have to have kids so they can see their grandkids! They made it to the last day when you get the message saying their life is coming to an end and to wrap up their affairs and I quickly had the daughter who was only bf/gf hurry up and get married and knocked up, and the already married son hurried up and got his spouse knocked up. The son was living with the parents already but I also went ahead and moved the daughter and her new husband in too (in the middle of the night no less). I want them to all be together! I just built them a little one room building out back.

I seriously thought I was going to lose it when my elders were about to die. I had them hugging and laughing with just the two of them, like spending their last moments together and I just couldn't keep my shit together and let them die like they were supposed to. I bought them Youth Potions and restarted their Elder Clock.
This was supposed to be their last moments but instead became the beginning of their second run through Elderly. But look at them. They're just so cute and their relationship is 100 on friendship and romance and has been since they got married!

*sniff* Break my heart, this. We need to have a sub-forum-thread/whats-it for "Watering the Sims with Our Tears". Why should Sims be the only ones who get to wash the place out?
Test Subject
#158 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:35 PM
Default The Crumble Family
Hey guys! I've been playing with my legacy family since I started to play the game and wanted to share them with you. I'm not up to much in terms of story. Just messing with them and still figuring it out what to do with the second generation. I played with the lifespan on "long" so I'm kinda bored with the adults (reached the career and the aspiration already) and I'm focusing more on the kids.

This is the oldest sister: Maria. She is creative and loner. I'm disappointed with the lack of options for teenagers in the game. There's no curfew, special events or nothing to differentiate them from adults. But I really like her and Im moving her to Oasis Springs with a couple of roomies so stay tuned. She's building the painting skill and looking for a boyfriend.

Mafalda is the middle one. She will turn teen in two days so she's just living her last days as a kid.

Rodrigo, the youngest one, grew up in this morning gaming session. He's a bookworm but outgoing and is chasing the popularity aspiration.

Isabel put on some weight in her last pregnancy so she took the Insta-Lean potion. But they get REALLY thin whit that potion so I'm making her eat a lot so she gains some weight again.

She's building the gardening skill too because there's not much left to do with the parents...

Here's the dad: SebastiĆ£o

With the arrival of the third kid I had to add space to the house so I took the chance to do a makeover as well. Here it is: The Crumble Residence

Hope you liked them and I'll be sharing their stories!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#159 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnnyPepper
Hey guys! I've been playing with my legacy family since I started to play the game and wanted to share them with you. I'm not up to much in terms of story. Just messing with them and still figuring it out what to do with the second generation. I played with the lifespan on "long" so I'm kinda bored with the adults (reached the career and the aspiration already) and I'm focusing more on the kids.

This is the oldest sister: Maria. She is creative and loner. I'm disappointed with the lack of options for teenagers in the game. There's no curfew, special events or nothing to differentiate them from adults. But I really like her and Im moving her to Oasis Springs with a couple of roomies so stay tuned. She's building the painting skill and looking for a boyfriend.

Mafalda is the middle one. She will turn teen in two days so she's just living her last days as a kid.

Rodrigo, the youngest one, grew up in this morning gaming session. He's a bookworm but outgoing and is chasing the popularity aspiration.

Isabel put on some weight in her last pregnancy so she took the Insta-Lean potion. But they get REALLY thin whit that potion so I'm making her eat a lot so she gains some weight again.

She's building the gardening skill too because there's not much left to do with the parents...

Here's the dad: SebastiĆ£o

With the arrival of the third kid I had to add space to the house so I took the chance to do a makeover as well. Here it is: The Crumble Residence

Hope you liked them and I'll be sharing their stories!

Love it! Keep sharing
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:29 PM
DIVORCE!

It's ok though, it is canon that the Pancakes are in an unhappy marriage. So in a way, divorce is good for them, right? RIGHT?

Damn it, please don't make that face

It'll be okay Bob, it'll be okay.

I still can't romance the guy, though. Every time I try a flirty interaction they get the awkward moodlet. I think i'll leave them be for a while and find a partner for Eliza in the mean time.
Instructor
#161 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
*sniff* Break my heart, this. We need to have a sub-forum-thread/whats-it for "Watering the Sims with Our Tears". Why should Sims be the only ones who get to wash the place out?

In the pictures section we could have an "In Memoriam" thread where we post pictures of our sims that have passed away, you know, once we finally stop giving them the youth potion!
Forum Resident
#162 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 8:32 PM
In the pictures section we could have an "In Memoriam" thread where we post pictures of our sims that have passed away, you know, once we finally stop giving them the youth potion!

I second this motion!

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#163 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
Quick Barbie update:

Barbie had 7 children, trying for that blonde headed girl. 7!! By the time she had the 6th, the eldest *(Worthington) was a young adult and moved out. The second child (Sweetie), not by her husband, had dark hair like her father, Don Lothario. 7th child was a blonde girl. But, now, I've become attached to Sweetie. She became an adult and wants to be a chef and has already had her first woohoo. Barbie is still woo'ing the town and now that J. is deceased, she has also had the unique experience of woohoo'ing with a ghost. J. turns out to be a great ghost. He comes by to talk to his kids and do the gardening. I haven't had the option to add him to the household (still trying to figure out why since I have a family slot open and Sweetie is an adult and friends with him).

Also, having a garden of 11 cowplants is not a good idea since the only Sims who are tempted by the cake are family members. Guests are not tempted even when bored or standing right next to the Cowplant. However, Sweetie has started an illegal Cowplant raising business to finance a larger house and to pay bills. Barbie still runs the frog breeding business and the bonsai plant business and is still working her way to Criminal Mastermind. She does have plans to kill off her children by Cowplant when they get old enough. Of course, Andrew and Sweetie are her favorites and will probably live. Also, Worthington has moved out so he's safe. (As a sidenote, I may have to move in various Sims just so Barbie can "kill" them).

Oh and Bella and Mortimer are ghosts in my neighborhood. And, Alexander is mean and is currently being romanced by Barbie. And, ghosts can get really angry and break stuff, but they never wanted to kill the playable Sim that was yelling at them, etc.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 10:51 PM
Meet my current favorite sim, Eva!

She was a spare to my Legacy family. I enjoyed her so much i saved her and restarted a 'hood with her as the founder. Neat thing I learned, Eva was an artistic prodigy and went on to be a musical genius and painter extraordinaire as a young adult. By this point she has 12 traits, which earned her "the most interesting sim in the world!" achievement. When I saved her to recreate her as a founder for a new 'hood she kept all these traits and skills, but also kept her age, she was one day from adulthood.

I made her a husband, and they seemed to hit it off right away

Awwwe.

They moved into the Bar lot. I made all the old community lots into residential lots. I kept the exteriors mostly the same and redid the insides. They are now my favorite houses!

Museum

Bar (eva's house)

Some of my favorite pictures so far:

Poor Walter, Eva's grandad, founder of my legacy, master chef, meets his end fixing the darn fridge

After Walter's death, Grim became a permanent fixture in my neighborhood. Turns out he is some dancer!

And here is the original blonde Eva as a teenager, taking duck face selfies on the toilet...hah

Sorry for the long post!
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:59 AM
I made the Desert Ranger team from the first Wasteland game and then I made a hugeass mansion thingy. I'll be sure to take some screenshots once I get back in game.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 2:44 PM
After Walter's death, Grim became a permanent fixture in my neighborhood. Turns out he is some dancer!

Interesting, so it's not just me with a permanent Grimmy hanging around and shaking his booty in nightclubs! I've only had one death in a family I created, but no matter what household I switch to he'll always appear at one of my clubs.

Has anyone else had this occur after a sim's death? I assume this isn't supposed to be happening and is some kind of bug or something (Though it's pretty fun).
Forum Resident
#167 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:26 PM
Wow, intense,
while my sims are hosting a party, the female host goes in labor.
then while the party completes succesfully, an elder sim dies!

so life, death and succes all rolled into one!

now i dont know what the game is expecting from my sims, but you would think that grimmy the reaper has better things to do...
Inventor
#168 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 7:13 PM
I'm still bringing sims into existence in order to test the game. Today I created James Bond, intellectual, athletic, confident, in faultless evening dress, and he became a secret agent. I sent him to a shabby house, Crick Cabana in Willow, in order to explore the door in the tree. It did not take long. He viewed the tree twice on his first day, and twice on his second; then the door opened. He stepped through, followed the sound, and the downstream, through the mist, and finally arrived at the gloomy Sylvan Glade. There were fireflies, strangely glowing plants, and a musical rainbowed waterfall. James tried fishing in the pond, but caught nothing interesting. After a good hunt round, he went home for supper. Tomorrow he'll have another go. There must be a waiting treasure! That whole hidden lot cannot be an anticlimax, can it?
Instructor
#169 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I'm still bringing sims into existence in order to test the game. Today I created James Bond, intellectual, athletic, confident, in faultless evening dress, and he became a secret agent. I sent him to a shabby house, Crick Cabana in Willow, in order to explore the door in the tree. It did not take long. He viewed the tree twice on his first day, and twice on his second; then the door opened. He stepped through, followed the sound, and the downstream, through the mist, and finally arrived at the gloomy Sylvan Glade. There were fireflies, strangely glowing plants, and a musical rainbowed waterfall. James tried fishing in the pond, but caught nothing interesting. After a good hunt round, he went home for supper. Tomorrow he'll have another go. There must be a waiting treasure! That whole hidden lot cannot be an anticlimax, can it?

It kinda is. Sorry. In fact, there's only one thing exclusive to Sylvan Glade that I'm aware of, which is the Tilapia fish (if you haven't downloaded the unlocked ponds and put the rare one in your yard...like I did. lol). There is one other fish you can get in Sylvan Glade and not necessarily get anywhere else in Willow Creek which is the Rainbow Fish but you can also get that fish in the Forgotten Grotto in Oasis Springs.

Also, am I the only one who has researched all the plants and their locations/grafting combos and all of the fish location/bait (and all of the cheats I would ever want to use) all written down in a notebook. I legitimately have an entire sheet of paper for the fish, an entire sheet for the plants, and another entire sheet for cheats. I may have a problem.
Mad Poster
#170 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:31 AM
the sims made a graveyard out of the lounge that the elders visit all the time in oasis springs. four elders died there, like at the same time so there are urnstones littered all over. can we have a proper graveyard, maxis? PLZ?

Inventor
#171 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
the sims made a graveyard out of the lounge that the elders visit all the time in oasis springs. four elders died there, like at the same time so there are urnstones littered all over. can we have a proper graveyard, maxis? PLZ?

I wonder whether it's possible to activate those ghosts, to have a haunted lounge? That might be fun.
Mad Poster
#172 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I wonder whether it's possible to activate those ghosts, to have a haunted lounge? That might be fun.

the only thing i can try is having my sim go there and stay at late hours/early in the morning to see if the ghosts show up.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 11:50 AM
The saga continues: an update to my previous "what's happening".

Monica is still living in the covert underbelly of simciety as a spy. Meanwhile, Jason and Lilian managed to graduate high school with honors. I miracle in Lilian's case but she worked quite hard to get there. Jason applied to the space program and was accepted; starting as a Technician. With the extra money coming in, the family decided to move closer to Jason's job at Mission Control, so off to Oasis Springs they went.

Jason and Lilian have been so busy with the move they haven't managed to get married yet. Plans are in the works but they got a little sidetracked. With a baby! It seems they weren't too busy to get busy. Little Charity is such a bundle of joy. And Jason is quite the proud father.

Lilian has decided to put off going to work until Charity is in school. She knows a guy, who knows a guy, who can get her in touch with the local crime family. Hopefully they can create an opening within The Corporation so she can get her hands dirty. If not, she is more than willing to "create" an opening for herself. If it comes down to that. For now Lilian is more than happy to stay home.

Monica isn't getting any younger and will have to think about retirement soon. And with Jason's career as an Astronaut taking off, she will easily be able to live off her pension. Maybe she'll take up painting to pass the time.

And a bonus pic:

Mad Poster
#174 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 8:57 AM
the lounge is haunted.

edit/ one of the elders took a selfie with a ghost
Field Researcher
#175 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:45 PM
I'm finally done furnishing my household's new house!
Also, my little Carrie gave birth to a girl, which I really wanted, and a boy. Yes. A girl AND a boy. I'm not ready for this!!

Girl's name's Nir, boy's Hugh. They're so cute! They both love music, arts and are neat, but Hugh is self asured and Nir is creative! I love them, but the house isn't big enough! Ah well, I'll just have the two girls share a room!

Also, dad seems to be anxious as I am.
Page 7 of 104