Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indigoskycaller
I'm finally done furnishing my household's new house!
Also, my little Carrie gave birth to a girl, which I really wanted, and a boy. Yes. A girl AND a boy. I'm not ready for this!!

Girl's name's Nir, boy's Hugh. They're so cute! They both love music, arts and are neat, but Hugh is self asured and Nir is creative! I love them, but the house isn't big enough! Ah well, I'll just have the two girls share a room!

Also, dad seems to be anxious as I am.

I think his face is all parents face at first. lol
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#177 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
So the Grim Reaper has become some sort of permanent fixture to one of my nightclubs... He seems to turn up every time to party, no matter what household I send there.

That's as far as I've got their relationship for now, not sure how far it can actually go seeing as you can't invite him out or anything, so the only place she can meet up with him is at the nightclub.

Though he does phone her during the day... A lot. So he seems pretty keen.

...that sounds like kind of an epic romantic saga. She falls in love with Death but can't contact him, so she has to go to the Nightclub every night to see if he's there.

...or kill someone, I guess...
Forum Resident
#178 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:01 AM
mom found a liking in playing with her daughter's piece of clay, and ended up molding it into a teapot.
...and feeling very proud of it.

Forum Resident
#179 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure
...that sounds like kind of an epic romantic saga. She falls in love with Death but can't contact him, so she has to go to the Nightclub every night to see if he's there.

...or kill someone, I guess...

stalk the elders..
Field Researcher
#180 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 3:28 PM
Nir and Hugh aged up, and they're SO adorable, I can't even...!
Nir has his daddy hair while Hugh his mom's but both have blue eyes as Carrie. I guess David's green eyes aren't so popular?
Also, tehir traits have changed (Don't know why.) and now Nir is -serious-neat-perfectionist-music lover-outgoing, while Hugh is self assured-art lover-cheerful-outgoing-music lover.
I'll have Hugh focus on his music skills and Nir on her writing ones, since she's serious. But I think I'll level up her violin skill as well, I think it'd suit her well.

Mama look so proud of her little babies!
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:03 AM
Sent my newest Sim out to go do stuff and she earned some tips with her guitar.

Also trying to build a relationship between her and one of my other Sims. It's actually a lot more difficult than Sims 2/3. I'm pleasantly surprised.
Instructor
#182 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MCGONN
Sent my newest Sim out to go do stuff and she earned some tips with her guitar.

Also trying to build a relationship between her and one of my other Sims. It's actually a lot more difficult than Sims 2/3. I'm pleasantly surprised.

How??? My sim is level 8 and she never gets tips! Do you have to do a certain type of play style like do you just jam or do you have to 'play a song'? And can you do it at the park type areas that don't involve a load screen or do you have to actually go somewhere?
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
How??? My sim is level 8 and she never gets tips! Do you have to do a certain type of play style like do you just jam or do you have to 'play a song'? And can you do it at the park type areas that don't involve a load screen or do you have to actually go somewhere?

Hmm, I don't really know honestly. I just travelled to a couple public lots and had her play. Tips seem to be kind of rare since the NPCs are usually off doing something else, but every now and then someone will come over, head-bop to your guitar and drop you 5-10 Simoleons.

This calls for some research!
Scholar
#184 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM
Nothing is happening in my game right now. It's still loading and installing as we speak. I am just really excited about installing it, so I'm mentioning it everywhere I can think of a way to slide it into the conversation. I was thinking of starting right out of the gate with a Legacy challenge because I have loved those since TS2. After watching some good Let's Play Legacy Challenges, I am PUMPED about starting my own even if I don't share it. The sims look so animated and personable. I can't wait to be able to share a real "What's Happening" post with my own TS4 sims!
Mad Poster
#185 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:24 AM

I just started exploring the playing the guitar and my sim that has level 5 in the skill gets tips when she play a certain style. Seems to attract more sims if she play blues, but I think the trick is having her play where more inactives hang out. In the park or on the street of the commercial district, where the bars and gyms are. Sometimes she gets tips playing at the museum. I don't have a particular science right now and as McGonn said we need to research more.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#186 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:27 AM
@mcgonn @lewisb40 Hmmm...I shall research then! I'll try everything mentioned and at different places and see if I can make anything happen consistently.
Mad Poster
#187 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:41 AM
Your hard work will be appreciated @melbrewer367. I don't get to play as often as I like so when I figure anything out, usually you all have it figured out. I am hoping to get a little time to play tonight. I really hope so.

I just bought my musician a violin and the practice gets on her secret agent husband's nerves so I have her practice in front of the house. A couple of walkbys threw money at her for tips, me and the sim got the confident moodlet. Yeah, baby!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#188 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 1:47 AM
So I love reading all these!
Right now in my game I redid my legacy challenge because when the newest patch occurred it wiped my founder out of existence and her daughter didn't have her as a mother and she was no where in my game so it pissed me off. And then while in my current legacy I got about 1 sim week in of playing so a few promotions happened, i have an amazing garden, 2 of the 3 kids aged up and the husband aged and then all of the sudden my gamed crashed. I almost cried. So I'm mad at that save so I am going to try my hand at the 100 baby challenge. 2 down 98 more to go!
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:19 AM
My legacy family is in full swing. Still in generation one, my founder Kass has married and built a home with her husband Justice. They have three beautiful children, their oldest Moshe, middle child Isaiah, and little girl Reese. They are a gender equality, traditional, living will legacy. For the past little bit I've been realizing how hard it is to take family photos in this game! We need poses!
Scholar
#190 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:08 AM
I just started and I think I need to learn the controls better before I go full on Legacy. I'm used to the TS3 sims that are kind of robotic and just stand around waiting for you to tell them to do something. I have my Legacy founder sim and she's constantly choosing stuff on her own -- not always wise choices either. She was at the library reading a good book and she decided it was too good to put down when she went potty. I lost her at some point and found her reading on the toilet. Then she makes a total ass of herself in front of Mortimer Goth. I have no idea what she did but he walked off in a huff and she was embarrassed. I tried to get her to read another book, but she decided to chat up random townies instead and I had to keep telling her to stop and sit down to read a book.

I feel like my commands are just suggestions to her and she'll just do whatever she wants anyway. I need to get used to this. The sims choose stuff to do faster than I can click on stuff for them to do.
Scholar
#191 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:11 PM
I made a game for my 4 year old. She picked out all the traits. She wanted the dad to have a "scepter" (the evil trident) She was quite sad to see that opening the game, dad was immediately making fun of and teasing mom, who got angry and started yelling back. My daughter was very disturbed by this and we had to delete the save and remake dad -- with the goofball trait instead of the evil trait. We go back in the game and the dad is still yelling at mom. I don't think they are a match meant to be. The kid is awesome though. She has the social butterfly aspiration and has successfully chatted up most of the neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#192 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:25 PM
I've had some success with my Sim on his violin. My Sim got tips playing at the park. It seemed like the country songs were more likely to give tips, but I didn't test this out. It may depend on the audience. It also took a while to gain the attention of the nearby Sims and it seemed better to be somewhat physically close to them to gain their attention.

Someone posted somewhere that removing the speakers at the bar before performing yields better tips. I guess the speakers distract the potential audience.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#193 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I feel like my commands are just suggestions to her and she'll just do whatever she wants anyway. I need to get used to this. The sims choose stuff to do faster than I can click on stuff for them to do.

I have difficulty in controlling them. As it was nearly bedtime, Neil Armstrong and his wife went up in his space-ship for a spot of mile-high woohoo. I gave them both the Go to Bed command for when they came down. Huh! They stepped out of the space-ship in their space suits. She turned and whispered in his ear, and they were off again, roaring up into the night sky. I sat twiddling my thumbs till they were finished.
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 4:50 PM
Well......... I gave Bob and Eliza Pancakes 6 children hahaha, they're not my active sims though. I wanted my created household's kids to have lots of friends. And the mom is best friends with Eliza, too. Bryce (my sim) and Bib are friends too
Forum Resident
#195 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I've had some success with my Sim on his violin. My Sim got tips playing at the park. It seemed like the country songs were more likely to give tips, but I didn't test this out. It may depend on the audience. It also took a while to gain the attention of the nearby Sims and it seemed better to be somewhat physically close to them to gain their attention.

Someone posted somewhere that removing the speakers at the bar before performing yields better tips. I guess the speakers distract the potential audience.

I've found--even with my Level 10 guitarist--that "Practice" doesn't get him tips. Better to "Play Song", even if that means you have to queue up several of them (because they go by so quickly).

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Instructor
#196 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 7:39 PM
Okay, so I'm going to go ahead and say that if you want tips you have to travel with a loading screen. I had my level 8 guy go to the big park in Willow Creek and start playing songs by the big fountain with the chess tables around it and he immediately started getting tips. I tried blues, country, rock, and just jam and he got tips during all of them. Then I sent him home and had him go to a nearby public area that doesn't involve a loading screen and has people come around and talk and care for the plants and had him play the same way and he didn't get anything.

I noticed when you Hover over the aspiration challenge to make a certain amount of money in tips while playing it says to pick a VENUE and then play. So, technically, Venues are only the LOTS that have a set TYPE. So, I guess that's why the public land areas with no loading screen don't work. Maybe?

So the key is to go to an actual lot and get near the people.
Test Subject
#197 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 8:31 PM
My Sim gave birth to another baby boy. That makes 11 in a row, over multiple generations and families. :\
I wonder if I were to do the 100 baby challenge, whether I'd just end up with 100 boys...
Instructor
#198 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 10:07 PM
I didn't intend on doing a legacy but here I am with three living generations so, I'm going with a legacy. lol Here's what's happened so far in a very short summary.
Founder is a gardener, her husband is an angler. I started with just my founder then made a husband for her but placed him in the world so they could meet and go from there. They had a twin girl and twin boy. My founder has maxed her gardening and some other skills and completed her gardening aspiration, the wealth aspiration, and is working on the food aspiration. The husband has maxed fishing, gardening, and some others. He's finished his fishing apiration, gardening aspiration, and is now working on the wealth aspiration. The daughter is a musician, the son is a tech guru. The daughter moved out, found and married her husband and immediately had a daughter. The son lived at home, found a husband, and thanks to babies for everybody they had a daughter too. The daughter's husband is also a musician, the son's husband is a writer. At one point the daughter while pregnant moved back in with her parents and brought her husband too. Once their baby was a child and her brother's baby was born they moved into their own house.

Right now. I have been so attached to my founder and her husband that I still focus on them. I've started to like their grandchildren and want to focus on them too now. I let the original kids pretty much take care of themselves and ignored them and now feel no connection and am even kind of annoyed by them. So I've created a twist in my story and have decided that my Concert Virtuoso daughter and her Concert Virtuoso husband who are young prodigies that rose to the heights of their careers very quickly are too swept up in the fame and travel that they've decided to have their children be raised by the grandparents so that they can have a good solid normal upbringing. And the Tech Guru son got a major opportunity in Oasis Springs (they currently live in Willow Creek) and his husband was able to find a great writing job opening as well so they're moving away. The daughter however, a sassy redhead, has refused and was going to run away and all kinds of stuff because she's always lived in her grandparents house and is attached to them so her grandparents will be taking care of her as well. So twin brother and sister and their spouses now share a mansion in Oasis Springs where I can check on them quickly as needed.

And now I can focus on the founder and her husband, and the grandchildren. Boom.
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
Fuck it, I gave in and made a Bro-ette, if only because "Party Animal" as a trait seems to be missing.
Field Researcher
#200 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:48 AM
Been having fun on Zest household... Johnny Zest has had quite the adventure. After a very messy, very public break up with his girlfriend he drove off into SimCity for a week long bender and returned with a mail order bride.

After the inevitable scandal this caused, Johnny managed to put a positive spin on it all in time to save his career. Taking his agent's advice, Johnny paused the divorce proceedings and tried to present himself as a family man, as if it was love at first sight and a whirlwind romance that resulted in marriage, and partners for life. Johnny fully intended to divorce Lorna quietly some years later, but then the inevitable happened. She fell pregnant.

Lorna gave birth to a boy, who they named Geoffrey after Johnny's estranged father. Geoffrey had always been kind to Johnny, and had fought against the family disowning him. Although Geoffrey and Johnny were no longer in contact, Johnny still thought fondly of him.

There had been another, more serious scandal recently - the "accidental" release of fertility drugs into the water supply by the government. As a result, unsafe sex was even unsafe-er than before. As ANOTHER result, both Lorna and Johnny fell pregnant within days of young Geoffrey's birth.

Lorna gave birth to a girl named Skylar. Johnny gave birth to a girl named Nikki. Note how neither are named after Johnny's mother, Nancy. :P

Using Lorna's savings, the earnings of several nights performing comedy routines for tips at the club, the proceeds of a hastily-written comedy book, and several wage packets, the couple juuuuust managed to build bedrooms for the kids in time for them to be born. Johnny's caravan has now expanded into an L-shaped behemoth, with a dedicated comedy room and a wing of bedrooms and a nursery/playroom for three kids. Lorna and Johnny's room looks rather lacklustre by comparison, but once they get a few more wage packets in they might be able to update that end of the house as well. (First on the list is a third loo though - I was only expecting two kids, forgot Johnny could get pregnant)

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Page 8 of 104