Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 7:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Which mod should I probably remove to make the "Walk to Lot" function work again?
I know that some mods can be worked around by modifying the loading order, but does this also apply for these mods?
* Chris' VisitOtherSims
* Chris' Visitor_Controller_WithPersonality
* WH DuvetDays_DriveToWorkFix
* Chris' CJH_WalkToOtherSimsAL+
* WH AutoWalkToSchool_NotificationChanges

Currently I have a few issues during gameplay:
* The walk-to-lot action fades away, so they only can call the taxi.
* The community time doesn't work fully as I got an error message of the taxi before the Sim appeared home.
* An empty pop-up dialogue if the Sim is still away for X amounts of hours

Can you help me checking which conflicts are probably the culprits? (see HDCU spoiler)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 3:34 AM
I see lots of conflicts. The visitor controller for one doesn't play nice with other mods, usually. I think it's up to you as to what to remove. Although... having both VisitOtherSims and WalkToOtherSimsAL+ seems redundant. They both allow your playable sims not living in apartments to visit each other, correct?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 4:15 AM
I would suspect a clash between Chris' VisitOtherSims with Chris' CJH_WalkToOtherSimsAL+. If these two do a similar thing then you would only want one.

You could post the error in here-that is only the pop up. If you read it, it tells you to go look in the Logs folder for the actual error report and its a file that you can upload here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 5:07 AM
What do the descriptions of the mods say? If neither of the mods says they are compatible with the other, they probably aren't compatible.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 11:48 AM
Make a backup. Remove all of them. Check to make sure the option comes back. Then 50/50 your Downloads until you find the problem. It might turn out to be one of those mods, it might turn out to be something completely different. We all have different mod setups, it's unlikely that any of us are really going to be able to say "yes that mod you have there is the culprit, take it out and everything will be fine."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 12:07 PM
You want to check the error file and run what caused this before you do a 50/50. No guarantee of course but last time I had a jump bug the error file identified what it was.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 3:36 PM
@joandsarah77 here is the error log minus the object dump:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@joandsarah77 here is the error log minus the object dump:

Looks like one of Chris' mods.

Try dropping the file into "What caused This" https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html

@Chris Hatch if you are around can you take a look? I believe you updated one of your traveling mods?

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 1:04 PM
@joandsarah77 thanks a lot for the tip! What a great software! I will keep on trying this software in the future whenever I stumble upon an error with boolprop TCE true.
I ran it, and it seems like that @Chris Hatch CJH_CommTimeStandAlone is most likely the culprit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@joandsarah77 thanks a lot for the tip! What a great software! I will keep on trying this software in the future whenever I stumble upon an error with boolprop TCE true.
I ran it, and it seems like that @Chris Hatch CJH_CommTimeStandAlone is most likely the culprit.

It will probably be clashing with one of those other mods mentioned then. You can try changing load order or sometimes it means tossing something. I would much rather have Comm Time.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 7:39 PM
I use Community Time, and if I close the "so-and-so is due back at this time" popup while a Sim is still off-lot, I always get that "undefined lot transition" error when they return home. I believe this is normal and that the mod otherwise works correctly (at least I haven't noticed any issues).
So I don't know what's killing your walk to lot abilities but if you can resolve that conflict, it's possible that the car transition error is not something to worry about on its own. It might just be because you closed the popup (which you didn't mention having done, but I imagine myself playing and seeing a blank popup come up instead of the community time countdown... I would probably close it).