Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 6:38 PM
Aging on, all the way. I'm way too lazy to manually age up all my sims.

My age system
Time of aging: 12:00 AM (6 PM gave me too much grief)
Babies: 1 day
Toddlers: 4 days
Children: 7 days
Teens: 6 days
Adults: 36 days
Elders: 17-34 days

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 2:57 AM
I have my sims aging baded on 40 days is equal to one year so toddlers age up into children after 120 days while children become teens or older kids after 240 days and I adjust the young adult,adult and elder stages to allow them to have a chance to start a family because I usually only turn aging on to let one sim age up when it's their time to age up and I will reset the duration of another in that age group to the start if they're not supposed to age up along with theother like a younger sibling close to the other in age.I also have elder adults who just cosmetically have changes in their looks and can still bear children though they've been altered with a hairstyle and color change and with new clothing to look like they've gotten older.They do get their fertility turnedoff just before agint up the aging meter to become real elders though.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 8:48 AM
Aging on.
I may, when I feel the need to, make a sim 3 days younger or something - but elixir of life is mainly the only thing I use.
I have a retirement subhood, so by not playing the elders all that often, I keep them around for longer - but the grim reaper will come for them eventually; because funerals are a big occasion in my hood and then there is always the (what we call so eloquently in my country) the After Tears Party
Where the newly widowed elder may just meet the next spouse....
Forum Resident
#29 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 11:11 AM
I have aging on (Uberhood player) but while I notice most play a week a time in each family do I play 2 days in game to keep things in sync. I realized by saying two days that the ages would somewhat follow.
I've always played with aging - at least here in sims 2.
Vanilla aging too though I have a few rules. Example teens who role a want to go to college shall do it before they are 10 days old because when they are 10 days old I'll then send them to college where I take two semesters = 1 day in rest of the hoods.
I think I went with this because It honestly just made a lot of sense - this also means that teens who do not role a want will become adult at same time with their fellow "teens" who have gone through college...

Overall I don't have much to say on aging but when someone becomes an elder am I just excited to see the day they die lol

I build small houses *^*
Meet Me In My Next Life
#30 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 12:36 AM
I like playing with Aging off one reason is I love the child and teen stage in the game. I also like having the fountain of youth in my game I love the idea of keeping my adults Sims youthful.
The few elders I have because they came with the game, but I also created some elders to round the game off.

But one mod that I do use and love is by creator Monique here on MTS with this mod you can control which Sims you may want to age up without affecting the rest of the household.
Example like if I want to age up a child into a teen but want one of the children to remind as a child. I use this mod here https://modthesims.info/d/160414/in...2006-lt-lt.html

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 1:05 AM
Aging On. This came as a complete surprise to me, as I’d been playing Sims 1 since the first EP was released, so was very used to non-aging Sims, and I was a little wary that all my favourite Sims might die off when I wasn’t ready for them to leave. I was sure, in advance of the game actually being released, that I was going to turn aging off, but then I played one test hood and found that in practice it wasn’t really a problem, especially as I love the generational feel of them growing up.

I’ve been using TwoJeff’s Age Duration Hack forever (or so it seems), primarily because it plays nicely with the fertility for ACR, though I have thought about doing a custom version of it at some point. I’d like a few less teen days and a few more adult ones. I have one manual aging rule which is that teens who are going to college age up 4 days early. I then play their family 1 day per college year until they get back. And teens who don’t go to college get to live out those 4 remaining days, so that they get the chance to earn a few more life skills or an extra promotion in their teen jobs. (Or, back in my Windows playing days when I had FreeTime, take up another hobby.) Because they may not get all the advantages the college kids do, but they still live their lives.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 2:58 PM
@Simonut -I've got that Mod installed in my game and have had it there for years.I like it for controlling aging for indidual sims to allow aging up for one in an age group without the other one aging up.
I once tried to play aging on when I first started the game more than twelve years ago and that town turned into a retirement town without anybody ever having kids and the town died off because they aged too fast to start a family.That's when I found out vanilla aging was way too fast and would never work with Seasons which is why I base ages on the years and seasons.I allow 40 days to stand as being the same as one year.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#33 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@Simonut -I've got that Mod installed in my game and have had it there for years.I like it for controlling aging for indidual sims to allow aging up for one in an age group without the other one aging up.
I once tried to play aging on when I first started the game more than twelve years ago and that town turned into a retirement town without anybody ever having kids and the town died off because they aged too fast to start a family.That's when I found out vanilla aging was way too fast and would never work with Seasons which is why I base ages on the years and seasons.I allow 40 days to stand as being the same as one year.

@TadOlson I enjoy reading your comments, yes I don't really like how the Sims age up so fast that why like you I also you that mod.
I like a youthful neighborhood with just a few elders, I have never since playing the Sims EVER have turn Don Lothario into an elder.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 4:29 AM
I just want to see them aging more realistically and with Seasons that means they get a year older every 40 days because my seasons last 10 days each.I don't mind seeing them getting older and eventua;ly dying of old age as long as they got a chance to live their lives and start a family which is only possible with aging controller Mods to stop aging from happening too fast by shutting it down until it's their turn to transition to the next stage in life.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 3:08 AM
Aging on. I have different age durations than vanilla, but the oldest sims live to be about 100+ days.

I do get attached to sims and it's sad to see them go, but at the same time, it's more fun to see how the hood changes through the generations.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 2:36 PM
aging on definitely. I used to have 1 day=1month since it makes it realistic (or makes the most sense), but longevity drove me crazy. I think 1 year=2-4 days is the best
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 3:59 PM
I play with aging on and I have an aging mod so that 1 day equals 1 year. Pregnancy is shortened to 18 hours which equals 9 months.

How I keep households in sync: When I start playing, I manually set all families to Monday and midnight. I play loose rotations based on the week. Sometimes, I play the whole 7 days at once, but usually I just play 1-2 days per play session and then switch to another household. As soon as a household has been played for one week, it is paused until all other households have been played for one week as well. When a sim ages up, I also like to pause midweek if there are close friends or relatives who also will grow up soon and continue to play as soon as all birthdays have taken place. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all households.

When sims start a new household, I use cheats and hacks to adjust the day and the time manually. In contrast to most players, however, I don't adjust the season. I like to play megahoods with dozens or even hundreds of households and it would be quite boring to have the same season ingame for many real life months and to do the same seasonal stuff over and over again without some variety.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 5:06 PM
I love playing multi-generational hoods and I enjoy seeing Sims progress from the cradle to the grave!

I felt that the 29 days of adulthood were too short, so like several others here, I also have a mod that increases that. Every Sim's adult age is randomized from 29 up to about 40 days.

Additionally, I use InTeen and have the Independent Adult flavour pack, so my teens hit that in-between phase halfway through the teen stage.

Other than that, babies/toddlers/children/elders are all vanilla length in my game.
Theorist
#39 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 5:48 PM
On. Always on.

They live long enough. Plus one of my favourite aspects about the game is the changing of generations.

I did mod the aging process a bit, though.

I reduced the teen lifestage from 15 to 12 days.
I prolonged the adult lifestage from 29 to 39 days (I roughly split that into 10 days of "young adulthood", 19 days of "adulthood" and 10 days of "middle age")
And I reduced the elder stage from "who even knows?" to being 10-15 days.
I also don't play college because it's too long, I use cheats to give Sims degrees whenever I see fit.

I keep my households in sync with season-length rotation (meaning all households start in spring, and by the end of the rotation to well be in summer etc.)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 11:39 PM
Aging on with a mod that doubles the age span. I want to get to know my Sims, but I still want them to age up and die. So far in the years I've had Paradiso de Manana only 5 Sims have died, though most teens have aged up into adults, same with adults to elder. It feels more balanced to me.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:09 AM
I always play with it off for all my teen/adults/Elders + pets. Ever since I first played the Sims back then I never liked the idea of seeing my favourites go old and die since a lot of my neighbourhood relies on characters from various medias. Granted I generally keep aging on for some Sims born in game if I want to get them into university or the teenage years, but otherwise it stays off for everyone else.
Page 2 of 2