Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default In-Game Computer Screens Brightness
I have the Ultimate Collection, and I noticed that the computer screens in-game are super dark. I tried downloading the only mod on here that fixes that, but it didn't work due to incompatibility with the UC... Now I'm not sure what to do. Is there an easy way to fix the dark screens? (I'm talking about my Sims' computers, by the way. I know how to make my irl screen brighter, haha XD)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 2:43 PM
It's compatible w/ UC. Did you playtest with a custom computer? It might be the reason
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:19 PM
It is??? I used base game computers to test. I do have some custom computers, but that alone can't be the problem can it? It's not working and I have no idea why... I tried taking out my mods folder, but that didn't do anything.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:37 PM Last edited by ClaudetteCorleone : 2nd Dec 2020 at 5:14 PM.
I read the comments on that mod and truly some UC players have problems with it not working though I'm afraid I don't know what caused that to happen, I just read in the description that a couple of cc computers don't work with it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:52 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Dec 2020 at 5:10 PM.
There might exist a good explanation as to why it isn't working. Which mod is it?

Are you using other computer screen mods? If so, it could be they're not compatible, or that either one or the other shows depending on the computer.

CC computers could have custom screens included (sometimes the custom screen is an unmodified EAxis screen), which can explain why the mod doesn't work for some of them.

Having the UC is basically the same as having everything up to AL/M&G, so that's the mod compatibility you want. A few mods and programs that are dependent on the correct file path might cause some trouble with the UC until those get sorted out (SimPE, CEP, Clean Installer, etc.), and there are a few minor bugs in the UC game (missing Holiday CAS items is one known but fixable bug), but anything that just needs to be put in the Downloads folder shouldn't be causing problems in a UC vs Disc game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:14 PM
I don't use any other screen mods, but I do have general computer mods like one that adds new computer options... But I just took out almost my whole Download folder (including build/buy objects), and it's still dark.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 6:37 PM
Is it possible for a light mod like Radiance Light System to cause this?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 7:52 PM
It's fixed! I feel so stupid... I went ahead and took the entire DL folder out (I left a few mods in previously because I was concerned about stability), and after doing 50/50 method the culprit was one of the downloads from the Stories to TS2 conversions. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 8:33 PM
If you're worried about stability, do a backup of your saved game before running the test, then run the 50/50 testing, and when you're done switch out the files with the backup (but without the bad CC). When doing this, make sure to remove the folders from the test game and then copy/paste in the backup (NEVER let folders overwrite, because this causes a lot of problems!)

This ensures any problems from mods or CC suddenly disappearing and reappearing doesn't cause any issues in your current game.