Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#76 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM
eternal - Great, thanks for letting us know.

Shenan - Alright then, look out, Queen Isabella!

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Advertisement
#77 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:30 AM
I cant wait for this Rp to start. It is going to be full of people who misbehave.
#78 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:48 AM
Thanks for answering eternal!

lol Atropa... just be fore warned, until she knows you, she may be rather stuffy and rude :nana:

Quote:
I cant wait for this Rp to start. It is going to be full of people who misbehave.

Indeed! The poor court gossip is going to be very, very busy!
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 4:17 AM
Default Application - Madeline Ronson
Name: Madeline Ronson

Title: Dutchess

Personality: Madeline grew up from a rich family and often expects things she doesn't get. She often abuses her title. (More later)

Picture: Coming later
#80 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:50 PM
*cries* Terrible news!

A password crept up on the main account on this PC.. it wasn't there normally and I don't know what it is! All my darling sims are locked far away behind the bars of my evil fathers account.. grr! My sims are saved over there, along with all my lovely 2GB of custom content.. Which means I haven't been able to get a suitable picture up, because if I did it'd be all Maxis and cringeworthy.

Thankfully, that doesn't mean I have to drop out. Time to go do some stealthy account-hacking! :num:
#81 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 2:45 PM
Ok, Now the king is VERY attractive, great work there enternal sunshine.

Oh and i really like Douarière Marie Clothilde de Bourbon di Parma (yes i copied and pasted that but who has the energy to type it!?!)

Also there are only 8 slots left if anyone is interested

AND I'm sorry to be a complete pain but I noticed the court gossip is still refered to as he/she *wills it to be changed*..... like i said sorry but I'm an OCD sufferer
#82 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 5:29 PM
Rewrote a bit of the Princesses bio
Original Poster
#83 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 7:44 PM
Haylifer, you make awesome sims, so - get to it, girl! :ninja:

Fayreview, thanks! And I changed it for you. The Court Gossip is now referred to exclusively as 'she'.

GeeWayrocks, nice changes! Lots of great characters out there, as well.

Also, I started on the character icons. They'll be updated as I finish them; I never said I was an icon making wunderkind, but I certainly tried my best.
#84 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:38 PM
I like my avatar very much! Thank you! Now I can't wait to get started!
#85 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:40 PM
You might not be a master at making avatars, but they look really good!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 1:10 AM
Thank you for the avatar! It's very pretty.

Just a quick question, also. About the scandals...do we *have* to keep our own scandals a secret? I mean, is that a rule of the game? Or if we wanted to could we tell other people?
Original Poster
#87 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:22 AM
Thanks guys!

lifesacupcake - there's no rule saying you must keep your scandal secret. You can tell anyone you want, technically. But it would probably be better if you kept your scandal to yourself, for the sake of the game.
#88 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 5:29 AM
*raises hand with another question* (You'll smack me one of these times. lol)
I was just wondering, if there will be a simple layout of the palace given when the RP starts? (As if you don't have enough to do already.) I'm kind of wondering if everyone lives in the same large palace, or if there's houses on site. Guess I just want to know my surroundings.
Original Poster
#89 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:11 AM
Shenanigans, yes there will be a simple map of the Palace & the Palace grounds made available before the RP begins. Don't worry, I won't let you guys wander around blind!

And, historically, how the French court system worked was that all the courtiers (nobles of the court) lived in the Palace with the Royal Family. Everyone was given their own suite of rooms - kind of like a modern day hotel. So...everyone lived in one central building - the Palace.

I'll get the map up as soon as my limited Photoshop skills allow! And you ask awesome questions, so never worry. It keeps me on my toes. :P
#90 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 6:42 AM
It is simply amazing.... I am so glad I chose a black and white picture now. She looks very authentic... then again Judy Dench always does....

Oh thanks for the changes Mercy is very pleased with you..... for now......
#91 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 7:28 AM
I added a new picture to my app. The new one is the one I want in my avatar.
#92 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 10:46 AM
I have to agree with everyone, eternal_sunshine: the avatars are awesome. I've just started to make a sim story, and I've gained a new appreciation for those of you who can manipulate images well--it took me hours to make only 5 pics!

I'll add a question for you to the list:

One of the options to bribe the Gossip is to promise to do a favor. I assume that those favors are things that would be roleplayed--say, promising to take the Gossip to the ball, or introduce the Gossip to your friends, or stick up for the Gossip, things like that?

For the sake of a brief, silly example:

The Comte d'Abri-sur-Mer removed the iron chest from it's hiding place, unlocked the intricate silver lock, and removed an envelope sealed with gold wax. He handed it to Mercy, barely concealing his grimace.

"Here, as promised, is the Molyneux secret recipe for spinach quiche. It has been passed down in my family since the time of Charlemagne without alteration. I trust that you will trade your silence for such a treasure?"

Mercy quickly deposited the envelope in her bosom. "Why, Gabriel-Lucien, the value of this recipe more than influences me to forget your minor transgressions. I, of course, cannot approve of stealing candy from small children, but as long as you satisfy your confectionary lust with a bit more discretion, I see no reason to cause a scandal in the court."
#93 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 3:57 PM
Trust me for a spinach quiche reciepe you could get alot more than silence out of Mercy....
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:05 PM
:omg: It's the french court??

:mute: Then I have to change her bio :num:

Because she grew up in the french court, that's why she has the original french royal name (Bourbon)
#95 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:07 PM
:laugh:
Quote: Originally posted by kipsnif
:omg: It's the french court??

:mute: Then I have to change her bio :num:

Because she grew up in the french court, that's why she has the original french royal name (Bourbon)

I dont know why but your post made me start rolling in laghter.:laugh:

I think it is the way you put the smilies in there.
#96 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:08 PM
*sudden desire for borbons - dam a biscuit obsession....*

I realise i forgot to ask can i barter? I.E. ask for something other than the offer.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:11 PM
I changed her bio :banana:

Just like her name, It's now Marie Clothilde di Bourbon-Parma.
She's now a french princess and married to the Duke of Parma, what makes her Duchess of Parma :mute:

Now it's almost an existing name :frog:
#98 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:17 PM
I admit that I am a non-suave, unsophisticated, boring, plain American. I can't even say half these names everyone has come up with! Thank heavens for cut and paste. But I wonder how we will all come to call each other. (Meaning first name or last or last two, or middle three.) Because I seriously doubt we'll be using the full names.

Also, thanks for answering yet another question of mine eternal. Like I said, I know nothing about French history. I stayed up last night reading about the etiquette of the Baroque period though. So maybe I get some points for effort. Maybe.
#99 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:20 PM
lol. that a good idea shenanigans, maybe I could do that too seeing as I know nothing about anything French, beside cajun french which they say isnt even close to regular french.
#100 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:20 PM
Same here. French - Limited. I have no idea how I get A's in my French exams. But I've been trying to pronounce some! And I think I'm pronouncing them right ...

Page 4 of 49