Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 3:33 AM
Mod to make your own service npc's?
I want to make most of my sims in CAS, but I'm not sure how make them actual npc's. I'm referring to npc's kike nanny's, maid's, and butler's etc.

Thanks
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 11:07 AM
You can create them in CAS and use SimPE to transfer their appearance to the existing sim. You can also use SimPE to change their name, aspiration, personality, etc, to your liking. This would also allow you to change their genetics. (Remember to make a backup before you try this. It normally shouldn't cause any problems, but better safe than sorry.)

A second option would be to have the game create the NPC, then use a mod to change their appearance ingame. Sim Manipulator has options for Surgery, aspiration changes and name changes. It's less complete than the SimPE option, but if you only want the face and name changed and are not familiar with SimPE, this is the faster and safer method.

If you want them to wear different outfits as well, you will need to download a default replacement for the NPC outfits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
You can create them in CAS and use SimPE to transfer their appearance to the existing sim. You can also use SimPE to change their name, aspiration, personality, etc, to your liking. This would also allow you to change their genetics. (Remember to make a backup before you try this. It normally shouldn't cause any problems, but better safe than sorry.)

A second option would be to have the game create the NPC, then use a mod to change their appearance ingame. Sim Manipulator has options for Surgery, aspiration changes and name changes. It's less complete than the SimPE option, but if you only want the face and name changed and are not familiar with SimPE, this is the faster and safer method.

If you want them to wear different outfits as well, you will need to download a default replacement for the NPC outfits.

Thanks for the help, but this isn’t exactly what I was looking for. I’ve already made some sims using cas that I want to turn into NPC’s without having to spawn any in and transfer their appearance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carrit
Thanks for the help, but this isn’t exactly what I was looking for. I’ve already made some sims using cas that I want to turn into NPC’s without having to spawn any in and transfer their appearance.

I don't believe that can be done, which is why they are saying how to make them look like playables.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 2:09 PM
I’ve already made some sims using cas that I want to turn into NPC’s without having to spawn any in and transfer their appearance.

You will need to change the Orig. GUID in each sim's character file to be the GUID of the NPC template you want the sim to be, for example the Maid Template GUID is 0x4C5BA139 so if you change a sim's Orig. GUID to that then that sim will be a maid.
The sims must be in the service sim family (0x7FFF) for the game to use them. If the sim has already been initialized in game then you will probably need to set the sim's NPC value.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 8:12 AM
That would add a fourth maid to the service NPC pool, right? So you'd also need to get rid of the original three maids, otherwise your sim would only have a 25% chance of getting called. I guess adding death tokens and moving them to Default would do the trick.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You will need to change the Orig. GUID in each sim's character file to be the GUID of the NPC template you want the sim to be, for example the Maid Template GUID is 0x4C5BA139 so if you change a sim's Orig. GUID to that then that sim will be a maid.
The sims must be in the service sim family (0x7FFF) for the game to use them. If the sim has already been initialized in game then you will probably need to set the sim's NPC value.

Interesting I will have to try that sometimes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
That would add a fourth maid to the service NPC pool, right? So you'd also need to get rid of the original three maids, otherwise your sim would only have a 25% chance of getting called. I guess adding death tokens and moving them to Default would do the trick.

No, that would be 0% chance of getting used (except in A&N) the game will only use the first three that it finds, it'd be better to just give make-overs to the ones you have.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

How do you do that exactly? I've tried changing the family ID thing to the (0x7FFF), but it didn't work. I know I definitely did something wrong.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 11:30 PM
I want to make most of my sims in CAS, but I'm not sure how make them actual npc's. I'm referring to npc's kike nanny's, maid's, and butler's etc.

Thanks

Midgethetree came up with one called "playable cops" but I have not tried it yet in my game but Cindy (PleasantSims) use it for her integrated hood gameplay. I've been wondering if the same can be done for other career tracks.

playable cops - "The game will use a playable sim in the law enforcement career track in place of a cop NPC when possible. Also makes sims in the law enforcement career track not panic when they see a burglar."
Forum Resident
#11 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 1:01 AM
I'm going to go one up and ask if there is a way to make NPCs wear regular or custom clothes as their default work outfit?
Especially the bartender's uniform which is a smock/overall type outfit that the game came with looks horrible. That outfit looks like a meat shop outfit more than it does a bartender. I made an outfit similar to the sims 4 where they made it with just jeans and a t shirt but I don't know how to make it a default NPC work uniform. Is there a tutorial on this?
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Nov 2020 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Maladjusted : 20th Nov 2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Grammar.
How do you do that exactly? I've tried changing the family ID thing to the (0x7FFF), but it didn't work. I know I definitely did something wrong.

I'm far less experienced with SimPE than Chris Hatch, but a Sim's Orig. GUID is located in their Object Data (OBJD). I opened the character file of the maid in my test neighbourhood and behold: his Orig. GUID (as well as his Fallback GUID) was indeed set to the value Chris mentioned. I also opened two of the newspaper deliverers and they had the same Orig. GUID (and Fallback GUID), which leads me to believe that it is the GUID for newspaper deliverers. I hope that helps, I'm still experimenting myself.