Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Corax : 19th Jan 2024 at 8:19 PM.
Default Microscope that builds science enthusiasm and logic
As the title says I'm looking for a microscope that builds both science enthusiasm and logic. So far I have only managed to find a microscope that builds logic but not science enthusiasm.
I like my Sims to pursue activities specific to their hobby, so checking the newspaper or blog about the hobby etc. aren't really great options since they are available to every hobby. For my science Sims that leaves them with using the telescope, watching the stars or clouds, interaction with the ant farm, watching the weather channel and changing the weather. This basically means my Sims are either into astronomy, weather or ants. I already have a mod to make chess, studying cleaning and the robot station build science enthusiasm. But I would really like to build a lab for some Sims where they can microscope and build their science enthusiasm that way. I hope someone here can help me.

Edit: I thought I would link to all of the science enthusiasm mods/CC that I know of, and add a list of what activities shipped with the game.

In-game activities specific to the science hobby:
  • Shapes toy for toddlers
  • Telescope
  • Stargaze while lying on the ground
  • Ant farm
  • Weather channel
  • Weather machine (aspiration reward)
  • Biotech station (science career reward)
  • Surgical training station (medicine career reward)
  • Study logic with the bookshelf of education (education career reward)
Mods:Custom Objects:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 6:56 AM
Nanashi's microscope has science enthusiasm. But even with the Wayback Machine I can't find the bloody thing. So, if you can find it ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:10 AM
Thank you for your reply. Do you mean the functional microscope from this set?
https://web.archive.org/web/2018060....net/?tag=logic

I have that one and it builds logic but not science enthusiasm. It says in the post "I will be visiting the functional microscope again in the near future to add the Science interest and to discourage high-level playful sims from using it.". That made me think that I may have found an outdated version and that you were referring to an updated version where they added the science enthusiasm. Using the way back machine it doesn't let me search the site with specific keywords like "microscope" because that specific search wasn't backed up. So what I did was click on the tags Nanashi used for the post I linked above, namely "+logic" and "knowledge sims". My line of thinking was that if they used those tags for the logic-only microscope they would use them again once they uploaded the updated version that builds science enthusiasm as well. Alas, I couldn't find anything. So I just wanted to ask again if you're sure that they ever got around to updating their functional microscope to build science enthusiasm.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:32 AM
Hi, I don't mean to intrude but could you tell me where I can find a working link for the microscope you have? Sorry about asking here I figured since it's related to your post, I hope you don't mind, @Corax.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:52 AM Last edited by Charity : 22nd Dec 2020 at 9:37 AM.
I don't think so, but either they did or I did. I'm guessing me, because I found a tutorial on how to do it in my favourites, but I may be wrong. Either way, here's the one I have.

Deleted - see below link.

Here's the tutorial, in case you find any others that you want to add it to.

https://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.co...bbys-enthusiasm
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't think so, but either they did or I did. I'm guessing me, because I found a tutorial on how to do it in my favourites, but I may be wrong. Either way, here's the one I have.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2159873/

Here's the tutorial, in case you find any others that you want to add it to.

https://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.co...bbys-enthusiasm

Thank you so so much! This is great! I can't wait to have my Sims have their own little labs. Thank you also for the link on how to do it, that is really helpful.

Quote: Originally posted by ClaudetteCorleone
Hi, I don't mean to intrude but could you tell me where I can find a working link for the microscope you have? Sorry about asking here I figured since it's related to your post, I hope you don't mind, @Corax.

No worries, I got the microscope that only builds logic as part of Nanashi's laboratory set. The link I got it from doesn't seem to be working any more and the only working link I managed to find was for the decorative parts only (the third link in that post):

https://taylors-simblr.tumblr.com/p...ashi-sims-files

Thanks to Charity though that doesn't matter any more. The microscope they linked is the one that I was talking about, only now it builds science enthusiasm as well as logic.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Charity : 2nd Dec 2020 at 2:56 PM.
I went nuts on stuff I'd been meaning to do for a while and made some other microscopes functional.

Nanashi's Monocular Microscope
Nanashi's cleaned up Yuxi Fallout Microscope
Original Yuxi Fallout Microscope
Kativip's Microscope

I also added Science enthusiasm to Katy_76's original microscope.

The monocular ones clip a bit and the sim isn't looking into them properly, but I don't think it's too bad. They all have the same GUID as the deco versions, so only one version can be used. Original recolours won't work, so I made new versions. All except the black recolour of Kativip's microscope, which I'd made for myself a while ago. I considered uploading them but got myself totally confused over whether or not I'd altered them enough to upload them and decided to just link them here.

Okay, reuploaded link. Two of my microscopes were backwards. XD http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2174076/
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:59 PM
You have no idea how happy I am right now! I was already thrilled about having one functional version. Having so many to choose from is a luxury I never dreamed about when first writing this post. I can't thank you enough, this is absolutely incredible!