Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 3:32 AM Last edited by boseknows : 23rd Nov 2020 at 8:56 PM.
WCIF BsokZak AKA the Bodyshape Organizer Kit Helper?
So I've been accumulating a rather cumbersome amount of Sims 2 CC clothing based on various bodyshapes, such as those originating from creators such as Warlokk, Franciele, Martaxl, etc. My goal is to have a decent wardrobe for each of them so I can have lots of variety among my sims.

In searching for a tool to help me organize/categorize/identify outfits that correspond to each of these several bodyshapes in CAS and BodyShop (and when my Sims buy new clothing), I stumbled on the Bodyshape Organizer Kit (or BSOK for short), which is really just a system for using SimPE to apply tags to clothing items. The downside is that it involves editing each package file one at a time, and I'm dealing with a few hundred. This would take several hours if not days.

"There's got to be a better way to do this," I thought. Well, sure enough, someone figured out a way. In my search for CC, I also came across This file entitled "The Sims 2 TBO Kit", which included an old forum post from the now-dead Back Alley Sims website (including attached images). The post was an overview for a program titled BsokZak, also known as the "Bodyshape Organizer Kit Helper." Apparently, it's an application written to be used with SimPE such that one can simply identify the package files that need to be tagged and how to tag them. It then runs a script that enters the information in SimPE for you. If such a program does what it claims, it would save me hours of very tedious package editing.

Unfortunately, the website where this program could supposedly be downloaded (www.helmutdisk.net) is also dead. I've spent most of today searching for an alternate source, even for the author of the program himself, with no luck. I looked in the graveyard; the booty; did several Google searches, including ones specific to simfileshare.net; and also tried the WayBackMachine. My best hope now is that some other Simmer still has a copy. Here's what I know:

The program itself has a filename of BsokZak.exe. This is to be extracted from the downloaded file named BsokZak_1.1.5.rar
The program was created by a guy named Frank Zakkarho, who is from Italy (but apparently speaks decent English), and has used the handle "FrankZakk" on various Sims forums (Including MTS, apparently)
Frank has publicized his creative projects, which include music, videos, and gaming content under the banner of "Helmut Disk Productions," hence the website, www.helmutdisk.net
This website was active at least as recently as August 2017. There is a WayBackMachine snapshot of it from January of that year, but doesn't include the file or the page where the download link resided. There is a "Helmut Disk Produktiomz" Facebook page referencing the website and the BsokZak program, but it hasn't been active for the past three years, either. I sent a Facebook message to it on the off chance Frank might get it.

If anyone can assist me in obtaining a copy of this utility application (or one that serves the same purpose), I would be extremely grateful.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 4:57 AM Last edited by HobbesED : 22nd Nov 2020 at 5:08 AM.
I can help. But I'm not sure how much the program will. I was one of Frank's testers as he developed his program on BackAlleySims.
Here's the latest version I have of it from 2014 -- version 0.9.5. https://simfileshare.net/download/2162184/

The program was OS dependent. I think he was on Win XP at the time. It may or may not work with later Windows versions. It also may not work with later versions of SimPE as the screen layouts may have changed.

In essence what the program did, if I recall correctly, was bring up a SimPE screen and then move the cursor around on the screen clicking buttons. So if the screen and buttons were not exactly where the program expected them to be, it would fail. Since the program moved the cursor around on the screen, it was slow and you could not do anything else on your computer while it was running. Plus package files with more than one texture or package files which didn't have all of the necessary entries in them also caused the program problems. Back up your files before trying it and use a small test folder to start with.

I'd manually edited most of my thousands of body shape clothing files to use the Body Shop Organization Kit (BSOK) before Frank's program came along and I still manually edit them now. Just for a frame of reference, I have more than 40 different male and female body shapes in my game and pretty much only play with non-Maxis shapes. My ClassicPinup Adult female folder has more than 1800 clothing items and meshes, my ClassicPinup Teen female has more than 400, my Fitchick has more than 900, my SlimBodyBuilder has more than 500. I'd estimate that I've manually edited somewhere around 10,000 files in my Downloads folder to make them BSOK compliant. Yes it was a huge undertaking but every time I go into a wardrobe or CAS/BodyShop, I'm extremely glad I took the time.

If you can't or don't use the program, you will eventually get into a rhythm editing the files. I got to the point where I could do about 4-5 a minute. It takes me longer now since I don't do it nearly as often and I'm also looking at the other fields in the clothing files to make sure I've got the right ages (I enable all the adult clothing for use by both adult and elder), the right shoe sound, and the right clothing categories selected.

It's nice to see someone else here interested in using different body shapes. We are few and far between. Check out the links in my signature - I have body shape clothing conversions there. If I can be of further help, please let me know.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
The program was OS dependent. I think he was on Win XP at the time. It may or may not work with later Windows versions. It also may not work with later versions of SimPE as the screen layouts may have changed.

Thanks so much! I suspected there might be some problems trying to run it in Windows 10, and indeed there are. I can't even get the application to launch; Runtime error. Oh well! It was so nice to give it a try, at least!

I suppose I'll just have to keep plugging along with the manual editing. It's encouraging to hear that it's worth it in the end! I'll definitely be checking out your links, as well. Thanks again!