Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

541 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 439 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 22
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#426 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Icy_Pandaz
ok, i see. so you're saying the necklace is too big to have necklace uvs? i guess i'll attach it to a ring or bracelet then
thank you so much for this program btw. even though i use blender the version of blender supported by s4s is too old for me to use (it keeps flashing and it's just impossible smh) so this tool is a lifesaver. it's also so easy for me to review cc i download without loading up the game. would it be possible to add support for obj files as mesh edits in the future?

No, the uv just has to be resized to fit in the necklace area. That area's pretty small though.

Using obj files for mesh editing would mean you'd only be able to change vertex positions, normals, and one uv. It would be tricky since any change in the vertex order or to the faces would make the edited mesh unusable. I can look at it again but it may not be practical.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#427 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 6:20 PM
Using the latest release when saying yes to the "Update CASPs to latest version?" prompt I am getting a unhandled exception. The version before this that introduced this feature worked fine.

If I open a package and say no to updating everything works as expected.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Xmods.DataLib.CASP.Write(BinaryWriter bw)
   at XMODS.Form1.PackageEditFile_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#428 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BinaryMisfit
Using the latest release when saying yes to the "Update CASPs to latest version?" prompt I am getting a unhandled exception. The version before this that introduced this feature worked fine.

If I open a package and say no to updating everything works as expected.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Xmods.DataLib.CASP.Write(BinaryWriter bw)
   at XMODS.Form1.PackageEditFile_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My mistake, thanks for reporting it. The next version, hopefully within a day or two, will correct this along with adding functionality for the new CASP data introduced in Wedding Stories.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#429 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
My mistake, thanks for reporting it. The next version, hopefully within a day or two, will correct this along with adding functionality for the new CASP data introduced in Wedding Stories.

Thank you. Just tried the new build and it's working as expected. Once again appreciate the work and the speedy response.
Test Subject
#430 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 1:58 PM
Hi! I'm trying to do a simple recolor of one of the tunics from the last game pack my wedding stories but i can't find it anywhere...
it's this one :
https://imgur.com/Pz1enru

Anyways I can access it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#431 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pamplemoossims
Hi! I'm trying to do a simple recolor of one of the tunics from the last game pack my wedding stories but i can't find it anywhere...
it's this one :
https://imgur.com/Pz1enru

Anyways I can access it?

Filter for GP11 My Wedding Stories and Body, leave Gender: All, and look for ymBody_GP11SuitSAGroomsmen. You probably didn't find it because it's enabled for both male and female and filtering for either male or female doesn't show it. I'll fix that for the next version.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#432 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 5:25 PM
Filter for GP11 My Wedding Stories and Body, leave Gender: All, and look for ymBody_GP11SuitSAGroomsmen. You probably didn't find it because it's enabled for both male and female and filtering for either male or female doesn't show it. I'll fix that for the next version.

You're right! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#433 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 11:52 AM
this is very useful ^^
Test Subject
#434 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 10:48 PM
Hey, is there or will there be an option to automatically update CASPs to the latest version?
I really enjoy using this tool: https://modthesims.info/d/649660/so...abetically.html which no longer works due to the pop-up ^^
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#435 Old 7th Mar 2022 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowfreak
Hey, is there or will there be an option to automatically update CASPs to the latest version?
I really enjoy using this tool: https://modthesims.info/d/649660/so...abetically.html which no longer works due to the pop-up ^^

Done! Please update to version 3.7.1.0 and you can go into the settings (File / Change Settings) and select a no-prompt option. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Test Subject
#436 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 12:31 PM
Done! Please update to version 3.7.1.0 and you can go into the settings (File / Change Settings) and select a no-prompt option. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Thank you so so much for that quick response and update!
It worked flawlessly set to auto update them and I can sort my cc again!
Test Subject
#437 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 7:00 PM
What do I exactly put into the "Opposite Gender Part" field?
The decimal/hexadecimal instace ID of the CAS Part?
The CAS Part name?
I wanted to take advantage of this when updating one thing I created in s4castools
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#438 Old 13th Mar 2022 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenjiThatFoxGuy
What do I exactly put into the "Opposite Gender Part" field?
The decimal/hexadecimal instace ID of the CAS Part?
The CAS Part name?
I wanted to take advantage of this when updating one thing I created in s4castools

It's the hexadecimal of the instance number. I should put that in the tooltip.

Test Subject
#439 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 11:50 AM
Hey, I'm having an issue with auto assigning weights. After I assign them my CC stops appearing in game. I've tested the CC in the mods folder and loaded the game - it appears fine. Then I select the package in your tool, make my changes and save then the CC stops appearing. But the weird thing is, it's still showing up in the Loaded CC list in-game.
I've tried checking that my paths are correct in the tool Settings and everything looks to be in order so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I've reached out to other in the community and they seem to be doing the same method that I am... Any help would be appreciated. I can send you my files somewhere too if needed.

Method To Recreate Issue: Put package in TS4 Mod folder > Open TS4 CAS Tool > Clone Package Editor > Selecting my package > Mesh Fixing Tools > Auto Assign Bone Weight > Commit Changes > Save Package
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#440 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SurrealJellyfish
Hey, I'm having an issue with auto assigning weights. After I assign them my CC stops appearing in game. I've tested the CC in the mods folder and loaded the game - it appears fine. Then I select the package in your tool, make my changes and save then the CC stops appearing. But the weird thing is, it's still showing up in the Loaded CC list in-game.
I've tried checking that my paths are correct in the tool Settings and everything looks to be in order so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I've reached out to other in the community and they seem to be doing the same method that I am... Any help would be appreciated. I can send you my files somewhere too if needed.

Method To Recreate Issue: Put package in TS4 Mod folder > Open TS4 CAS Tool > Clone Package Editor > Selecting my package > Mesh Fixing Tools > Auto Assign Bone Weight > Commit Changes > Save Package

I'm assuming you closed CAS Tools before running the game.

Please upload your package before and after the weights assignment. You can put them in a zip and attach them here, or pm me a link to download them.

Test Subject
#441 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 1:10 PM
Ooo... Perhaps. I'll give it another fiddle tonight when I'm back at my PC after work tonight and if the problem persists I'll send you over the files. Thanks!
Test Subject
#442 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 1:14 PM
Default Weight Issue
I'm assuming you closed CAS Tools before running the game.

Please upload your package before and after the weights assignment. You can put them in a zip and attach them here, or pm me a link to download them.

I'll have to PM you a link for the dresses before and after the weights. Uploading on MTS keeps failing.

I tried the method again but didn't close the package or the tool but every time I tried to run my game I was getting an error that parts of my game were missing or damaged and to do a repair. So, I closed the package and tried to run it again and the game went back to working normally.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#443 Old 15th Mar 2022 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SurrealJellyfish
I'll have to PM you a link for the dresses before and after the weights. Uploading on MTS keeps failing.

I tried the method again but didn't close the package or the tool but every time I tried to run my game I was getting an error that parts of my game were missing or damaged and to do a repair. So, I closed the package and tried to run it again and the game went back to working normally.

Yes, if CAS Tools is open it has game packages open, which conflicts with the game if you try to run it. I should have said to make sure the package was closed, but closing CAS Tools also closes the package.

Anyway, the after-bone-weights package shows up fine for me. The only thing is that there's some distortion in the fat morph. You can improve that by doing the weights again and check the box indicating the mesh has a skirt or robe.

Is your game patched up to date? The only reason I can think of for the after package to not show up for you is that you updated the CASPs to the latest version (Wedding Stories patch) but if your game is not updated it won't recognize the new CASP version.

Test Subject
#444 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 10:40 AM
Yes, if CAS Tools is open it has game packages open, which conflicts with the game if you try to run it. I should have said to make sure the package was closed, but closing CAS Tools also closes the package.

Anyway, the after-bone-weights package shows up fine for me. The only thing is that there's some distortion in the fat morph. You can improve that by doing the weights again and check the box indicating the mesh has a skirt or robe.

Is your game patched up to date? The only reason I can think of for the after package to not show up for you is that you updated the CASPs to the latest version (Wedding Stories patch) but if your game is not updated it won't recognize the new CASP version.

Ahhhh! I think I did click that on the popup because I wasn't sure what CASPs stood for and I had downloaded this tool a few weeks ago. I figured you may have put out an update within the meantime that I missed. I need to update my game and check again. Thanks for all your help!
Test Subject
#445 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 3:32 AM
I've noticed that adding the weights to a toddler body does weird things to their arms around the shoulders when they're lowered.
Test Subject
#446 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 7:56 PM
Hey, so I downloaded this so I can make some cc eyes I recently downloaded into custom default eyes. But when I try to open the application, nothing happens. It won't open. I've extracted it from the zip file it was in, but despite all of this, it won't open. Am I possibly doing something wrong for it to not open?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#447 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajf
Hey, so I downloaded this so I can make some cc eyes I recently downloaded into custom default eyes. But when I try to open the application, nothing happens. It won't open. I've extracted it from the zip file it was in, but despite all of this, it won't open. Am I possibly doing something wrong for it to not open?

Are you double clicking the .exe file? Is there an error message? You can try making the folder and .exe exceptions in your anti-virus and running it as Administrator. If none of that helps, you'll have to look at your system error logs.

Test Subject
#448 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 5:05 AM
Is it possible to add a "Disable for werewolf" to this? I have some floating eyes on my werewolf hybrid and I think it's because I can't disable them for that form so they're stuck floating there. Maybe.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#449 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
Is it possible to add a "Disable for werewolf" to this? I have some floating eyes on my werewolf hybrid and I think it's because I can't disable them for that form so they're stuck floating there. Maybe.

It's in the latest version:

Screenshots

Test Subject
#450 Old 14th Jul 2022 at 4:28 AM
It's in the latest version:

I guess I just opened the wrong version ...
Page 18 of 22