Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Riverview City - Updated 04/01/2021

by LordCrumps Posted 29th Dec 2020 at 12:28 AM - Updated 19th May 2021 at 4:05 PM by LordCrumps : Updated files with fixes

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Instructor
#26 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:44 PM
alext369,

I'll report back with any photos I find of missing wall textures. Saw your PM but couldn't send a response.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Looks very nice, I'll try it out!

Quick tip for any other non-English players: Unfortunately a lot of the names will be randomized for this neighborhood. Here's how to fix this:
Open the affected sim's character file
Load the Catalog Description
Click "Default lang only" in the lower left corner
Commit and save.
Repeat for every sim.

You can also manually edit the names ingame with SimBlender or other mods like it, but you will need to know the sim's name, which isn't always possible here.

A quicker way is to make sure the game and all ep/sp are in the same language in the registry BEFORE you load the neighborhood up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:29 PM
This would make a great downtown!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RockStarDrunk
A quicker way is to make sure the game and all ep/sp are in the same language in the registry BEFORE you load the neighborhood up.

But I don't want to change my game's language, I want to keep playing it in German.

@alext369: Could you also add a list of names somewhere for people who don't want to use SimPE to change the names? Maybe just a text file in the download, with the families and short descriptions to identify the sim.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 2:51 PM
For some reason Bertha has green skin on her body, but her head isn't. Idk if this is a glitch or not... o.o
Though this got in interested due to looking through the memores
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 11:13 PM
But I don't want to change my game's language, I want to keep playing it in German.

Understandable. To clarify, I meant double-checking all installed expansions and stuff packs are in German. From my understanding, having any of them different from the majority causes the name scramble issue. A simple check (for others with this issue) could save them hours of changing every name in simPE.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 11:27 PM
I wish that I could play this but it keep crashing my game. I have all EP/SP I download the one with the sims
Mad Poster
#33 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 7:11 AM
It looks like I'll begin with what I;ve downloaded which was just the terrain file and test on that level since I can just make it my own with my own story in the town.I've got UC installed and my game is very heavily Modded including a camera hack.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 12:38 PM
Hello, I downloaded your neighborhood but I have random names, is this normal? I understood that it could come from the language of my files, but all are in French, none are different.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 8:30 PM
Understandable. To clarify, I meant double-checking all installed expansions and stuff packs are in German. From my understanding, having any of them different from the majority causes the name scramble issue. A simple check (for others with this issue) could save them hours of changing every name in simPE.

I use the UC, so everything should be in the same language. It's just a common problem with custom neighborhoods, I've had that with several.

@Vinscot
I have the same problem, here's how to fix it:
Open the affected sim's character file in SimPE Load the Catalog Description
Commit and save.
Repeat for every sim.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 9:56 PM
omg, this looks amazing! I love how you have different building styles but yet they don't seem out of place with each other.

I also love that it comes with custom townies!! I am so excited to play this hood.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:15 AM Last edited by yourfriendmichelle : 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:57 AM.
WOW! I am beyond impressed! (Now I feel so self conscious about sharing my own neighborhood... )

Riverview City is absolutely beautiful... the lots are creative, the families are interesting, the way it's built & decorated makes it look like a real thriving city. I can tell you put alot of work and care into putting it all together. Very excited to poke around and play!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:54 AM
This is truly an amazing and beautiful hood! I love it so much"
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 11:07 AM
Smol Request
As someone else pointed out, Bertha's body is green but her face isn't. I happened to fix this issue by taking off her makeup and I think this is a problem for custom uploaded evil witches in general but I'm not sure if there's a fix for it. And would it be possible to create an empty subhood for this? I would love it for my pleasantview sims who have outgrown their small hood to have a place to visit. The hood is gorgeous and I love the backstories. One of the best custom hoods I've ever seen.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:21 PM
Hi! first of all, thank so much for your amazing work and effort on this!!
Im having some trouble about the the names, im from Spain, so my first language is spanish but i want the sims original names, but i dont fully understand how to put the original names, in my game the names are randomized names in spanish.
I dont know if i explained it good. Please help
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 2:06 PM
Hey! Not sure if @alext369 can help me with this or anyone else, but I'm trying to install the neighborhood as a main hood, but it's not showing up in my game. I've downloaded custom hoods before but can't seem to get this one to work! First I download the main RiverviewCitySC4 file, and put that into my Neighborhoods folder in my EA Games file, then there's a part 1 and 2, which I assume go into the RiverviewCitySC4 folder, but there are some files in the 2 versions that overlap (54 or something), so I override them so there's no duplicates, load up the game, and no neighbourhood.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RheiaM
Hi! Thank you for the amazingly quick update, I love this hood, it´s amazing! Builds are gorgeous and the hood is lovely.

Thank you! Hope you like it!

Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
alext369,

I'll report back with any photos I find of missing wall textures. Saw your PM but couldn't send a response.

Thank you! Yes please!

Quote: Originally posted by c0wp1ant
It was the missing curtains causing it to crash I think. I'm able to play it now. I usually play with just the in game items, but for a neighborhood this fun I'm willing to make an exception.

Thank you, I tried keeping the CC to a bare minimum. But glad you got it working!

Another good point, thanks!

This would make a great downtown!

I would of done it too, but it means changing types of Sims etc.

@alext369: Could you also add a list of names somewhere for people who don't want to use SimPE to change the names? Maybe just a text file in the download, with the families and short descriptions to identify the sim.

I can try and compile a list together, I am going to try and get a version (If I can, where I have ticked that box for SimPE so it should be the same in every game) Not sure if I can though?

Quote: Originally posted by LittleFlower1995
For some reason Bertha has green skin on her body, but her head isn't. Idk if this is a glitch or not... o.o
Though this got in interested due to looking through the memores

How odd, someone below was saying that sometimes this is a glitch with custom hoods, apparently, changing make-up fixes this.

Quote: Originally posted by shirleybanks
I wish that I could play this but it keep crashing my game. I have all EP/SP I download the one with the sims

Do you have the required CC? I know someone else had an issue with the lot not loading until they get the CC curtains used.

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It looks like I'll begin with what I;ve downloaded which was just the terrain file and test on that level since I can just make it my own with my own story in the town.I've got UC installed and my game is very heavily Modded including a camera hack.

Oh amazing, I hope you enjoy it!

Quote: Originally posted by Vinscot
Hello, I downloaded your neighborhood but I have random names, is this normal? I understood that it could come from the language of my files, but all are in French, none are different.

Sadly some custom hoods will randomize names, I am actively searching for a way that I can avoid this in the future / for this world.

I use the UC, so everything should be in the same language. It's just a common problem with custom neighborhoods, I've had that with several.

@Vinscot
I have the same problem, here's how to fix it:
Open the affected sim's character file in SimPE Load the Catalog Description
Commit and save.
Repeat for every sim.

Will this work if I did this? And updated the post so that do not have to? Or does it not work that way?

Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
omg, this looks amazing! I love how you have different building styles but yet they don't seem out of place with each other.

I also love that it comes with custom townies!! I am so excited to play this hood.

No problem, I hope you enjoy this town as much as I do!

Quote: Originally posted by yourfriendmichelle
WOW! I am beyond impressed! (Now I feel so self conscious about sharing my own neighborhood... )

Riverview City is absolutely beautiful... the lots are creative, the families are interesting, the way it's built & decorated makes it look like a real thriving city. I can tell you put alot of work and care into putting it all together. Very excited to poke around and play!

Please do NEVER feel self-concious, I (and many others) would love to see what you have come up with!

Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
This is truly an amazing and beautiful hood! I love it so much"

Thank you!!

Quote: Originally posted by starkid852
As someone else pointed out, Bertha's body is green but her face isn't. I happened to fix this issue by taking off her makeup and I think this is a problem for custom uploaded evil witches in general but I'm not sure if there's a fix for it. And would it be possible to create an empty subhood for this? I would love it for my pleasantview sims who have outgrown their small hood to have a place to visit. The hood is gorgeous and I love the backstories. One of the best custom hoods I've ever seen.

Thank you for the kind words! I will have a look at a empty subhood, but I cannot promise anything at this time!

Quote: Originally posted by jorgedelrey
Hi! first of all, thank so much for your amazing work and effort on this!!
Im having some trouble about the the names, im from Spain, so my first language is spanish but i want the sims original names, but i dont fully understand how to put the original names, in my game the names are randomized names in spanish.
I dont know if i explained it good. Please help

No need to apologize as you were understood perfectly, sadly it is a problem with custom hood randomizing the names. I am looking into a version were the randomization is fixed or a master list with all the Sims original names.

Quote: Originally posted by ParadiseLost131
Hey! Not sure if @alext369 can help me with this or anyone else, but I'm trying to install the neighborhood as a main hood, but it's not showing up in my game. I've downloaded custom hoods before but can't seem to get this one to work! First I download the main RiverviewCitySC4 file, and put that into my Neighborhoods folder in my EA Games file, then there's a part 1 and 2, which I assume go into the RiverviewCitySC4 folder, but there are some files in the 2 versions that overlap (54 or something), so I override them so there's no duplicates, load up the game, and no neighborhood.

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

So just to clarify, if you wanted to have the SC4 file to make your own hood on, you'll need to the put the SC4 into the SC4 folder in EA Games > The Sims 2 > SC4 terrains. Then look for Riverview View City in the custom maps section when creating a new hood. The file name is "LC_RiverviewCitySC4.rar"

The empty decorated version, it is just one download, "RiverviewCityEMPTY_V2.rar", put this into your EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods Folder.

If you wanted to put this to a subhood (Open for business) to attach to your other hoods, then you will need to the download two files RiverviewCity_SUBHOOD_V1.part1.rar and RiverviewCity_SUBHOOD_V1.part2.rar and place it in your installation folders, I have Ultimate Collection so my file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate.

Now, this is the one I think you wanted, if I understood correctly, is a standalone hood, you will need to download two files again, "RiverviewCity_V2.part1.rar" and "RiverviewCity_V2.part2.rar". Download both files, and extract the files from part 1 first, then it will ask for the part 2, find where the part 2 download too and it should just export it, it might ask to replace file click yes to all. Then the CITY folder will be exported, place that CITY folder straight into your EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods Folder and it should work.

I tried to be as clear as I could, though, anymore issues please get back to me! Sorry it took a while to get back this time, I was away from my computer!

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Forum Resident
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alext369
Will this work if I did this? And updated the post so that do not have to? Or does it not work that way?

It should work, yes. That would be nice if you could do it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:40 PM
It should work, yes. That would be nice if you could do it!

Amazing! This is my first hood uploading and already learning soo much! I will get updating and editing as soon as I can!

I have added a PDF file with a list of all the playable Sims (no townies) with their official names next to them if anyone is interested on the main downloads page!!

@LordCrumps
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 3:43 AM
I'm really loving to play on this hood! I got the subhood version, but today i get to a new family and came across something weird. I realized after i started playing the Crumplebottom (With Julien and Lucien) both the kids have life time wants, wich worries me bc it's a commum sign of corruption. I got the subhood alongside with my clean PV, that i played just some days before. Now i got some advice from a discord server and they said it would be a good thing to ask you about it... I did use hoodchecker to remove a ton of family related errors, but i still with this same thing that worries me. Despite that thank you for the amazing hood! It's very pretty, full with detail and i'm loving the families so far!! I just need to know what i should do about that before i come back playing again lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandaMM
I'm really loving to play on this hood! I got the subhood version, but today i get to a new family and came across something weird. I realized after i started playing the Crumplebottom (With Julien and Lucien) both the kids have life time wants, wich worries me bc it's a commum sign of corruption. I got the subhood alongside with my clean PV, that i played just some days before. Now i got some advice from a discord server and they said it would be a good thing to ask you about it... I did use hoodchecker to remove a ton of family related errors, but i still with this same thing that worries me. Despite that thank you for the amazing hood! It's very pretty, full with detail and i'm loving the families so far!! I just need to know what i should do about that before i come back playing again lol

Hello! My original copies did not have these, but when I redownloaded both versions as a fresh start I noticed that yes, the children do have LTW. This is also the case in the main hood aswell, weirdly enough!

I found this on another thread; so if you wanted to change it in SimPE as the wants I got for my children were child-related. I will be updating this thread with fixes.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can remove the LTW in the Sim Wants and Fears panel in SimPE. But yeah, not a problem because it's his LTW - Ovenhole is right about that. What you're warned about regarding hood corruption is when you delete a sim and then newborns or new sims get assigned the deleted sims SWAFs.

Deleting a sim and the SWAFs being reassigned is the corruption - that's what happens. Seeing a child with a LTW or adult SWAFs is just a symptom.

The reason the child has a lifetime want is obviously because you aged him down - I'd assume that was his original LTW. Since there's no way to age a sim down without mods, there's nothing in the coding about removing lifetime wants. His current want panel looks perfectly normal for a child, so my guess would be that the "buy a car" want was still there from when he had a different aspiration and the panel has now refreshed and shows appropriate wants.

So far, the game seems to treat your sim as a normal child, LTW aside. The reason why LTWs on children are a sign of corruption is because children shouldn't just have those randomly. In your case, aging the teen down means that there's an explanation for why this has happened. I don't know if this can have any longterm consequences, but for now you're fine.

Generally, aging a sim down is not something you should do without making a backup because it can lead to situations like this. I wouldn't test new mods in a played neighborhood either.

edit: You don't need to worry about reinstalling your game in any case - deleting the neighborhood or restoring an old backup is almost always enough. You only need to reinstall if you've done something to the game files themselves, like made Mrs. Crumplebottom a vampire.

Have you back-up'd the hood you attached this too?

I have removed the download link to the subhood temporarily!

@LordCrumps
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:54 PM
Hello! My original copies did not have these, but when I redownloaded both versions as a fresh start I noticed that yes, the children do have LTW. This is also the case in the main hood aswell, weirdly enough!

I found this on another thread; so if you wanted to change it in SimPE as the wants I got for my children were child-related. I will be updating this thread with fixes.

Have you back-up'd the hood you attached this too?

I have removed the download link to the subhood temporarily!

Yes i did a backup on my main hood (PV) before the installation. Thanks for your reply!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:59 PM
Yes i did a backup on my main hood (PV) before the installation. Thanks for your reply!!

Okay cool! So if you want to remove the LTW and still have the hood,

Open the affected Sim in SimPE, go other the wants and fears in the "more" section, and find the LTW - it will say Lifetime Want, near the commit button is a delete. Delete it there and hit commit.

As far as I can see, there will be issues, unless you have adult wants for children. If that makes sense?

Might take me a while, but I will try again with the Subhood version. Sorry if this causes you any issues!

@LordCrumps
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 1:18 PM
Okay cool! So if you want to remove the LTW and still have the hood,

Open the affected Sim in SimPE, go other the wants and fears in the "more" section, and find the LTW - it will say Lifetime Want, near the commit button is a delete. Delete it there and hit commit.

As far as I can see, there will be issues, unless you have adult wants for children. If that makes sense?

Might take me a while, but I will try again with the Subhood version. Sorry if this causes you any issues!

No problem!! I talked a lot with someone yesterday that point me out i may be worrying too much, because things like that can happen to any game and the thing is it will get worse only if you are not cautious about what are the next things you do (wich i'm... very cautious). I'll resume playing for now, i did not even finished my first rotation with everyone! But if i found something else i'll make sure to report here. Thank you very much for your attention!! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 1:58 PM
No problem!! I talked a lot with someone yesterday that point me out i may be worrying too much, because things like that can happen to any game and the thing is it will get worse only if you are not cautious about what are the next things you do (wich i'm... very cautious). I'll resume playing for now, i did not even finished my first rotation with everyone! But if i found something else i'll make sure to report here. Thank you very much for your attention!! <3

Oh brilliant, yeah from what I see its really not a massive issue, DV had children with LTW also, but still not ideal. Thank you though for bringing it to my attention.

I have updated the main files, with some other fixes, this shouldn't happen now in the main primary hood version. Will do another Subhood version now. (second times the charm, right?)

@LordCrumps
Page 2 of 4