Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 30
Test Subject
#76 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
which Language are you using in your Game?
the "toggle" only appears when the gardener collect some harvested products.

Uninstalling Instruction:
-To avoid the corruption of the Saved Game, make sure cancelling the Service using the wallphone, and wait the gardener leave the lot and route out of the World, so Save your Game and remove the package file.

I am using the English vs of the game. The "toggle" that I am speaking of is the pop up where you can read lessons, game tells you that you received money, lose friends etc. That is blank when I use the gardener.

Thanks for explaining the uninstalling to me. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM
This is FANTABULOUS douglasvega!!! You mentioned that this will conflict with gardening mods. All types of mods, scripting or otherwise? I have the following mods that I really like to keep - Buzzler's Box Of Seeds and MOAR interactions, anak_ponti's Grocery-Mods_Outstanding, Jenesis_AllFishBuyable, Jenesis_AllFruitBuyable, and Jenesis_Skills Fish Recipes Buyable. I also have ton's of Twallan's great mods except register. Your opinion please
Inventor
Original Poster
#78 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bootz
This is FANTABULOUS douglasvega!!! You mentioned that this will conflict with gardening mods. All types of mods, scripting or otherwise? I have the following mods that I really like to keep - Buzzler's Box Of Seeds and MOAR interactions, anak_ponti's Grocery-Mods_Outstanding, Jenesis_AllFishBuyable, Jenesis_AllFruitBuyable, and Jenesis_Skills Fish Recipes Buyable. I also have ton's of Twallan's great mods except register. Your opinion please

thank you, i really appreciate.

so i think all of then work, but the Register i really don't know, some people say that conflicts, others say it doesn't. So, maybe you need to test it with a backup for safety.

the gardener conflicts with mods like: "magical fertilizer, auto soil, never water, etc".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:29 AM
Thank you! I've been waiting and waiting to have a gardener in Sims 3 to take care of the plants.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:04 AM
Wow just yesterday I was thinking we needed this, and then BAM you make this. You are awesome, thank you sooooo much <3
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:21 AM
My game version is patch 1.22, and this mod work perfect so far! thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:59 AM
When my garden was wilting and I don't have time to take care of it I tried to look for gardener in the "Call for Services" interaction but then I didn't see one. I wished someone would make one and then the next day my wish came true. THANKS A LOT FOR UPLOADING THIS !! If my horse eats my cabbage can the gardener still revive it ? I hate my horses 'cause all they do is eat my darn croops. Please reply.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:00 AM Last edited by kece : 5th Nov 2011 at 7:25 AM.
I like the idea of this............but it does not show in my game? I have pets version is
10.0.96.013001 also the Sims Base Game version is 1.26.89
Inventor
Original Poster
#84 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atchieonse1508
When my garden was wilting and I don't have time to take care of it I tried to look for gardener in the "Call for Services" interaction but then I didn't see one. I wished someone would make one and then the next day my wish came true. THANKS A LOT FOR UPLOADING THIS !! If my horse eats my cabbage can the gardener still revive it ? I hate my horses 'cause all they do is eat my darn croops. Please reply.

thanks, i really appreciate.

no, the Gardener can't revive "totally dead" plants, but you can put a Fence and a Door (just use the "Lock" interaction) to protect against the Pets.
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kece
I like the idea of this............but it does not show in my game? I have pets version is
10.0.96.013001 also the Sims Base Game version is 1.26.89

uhh, works great in 1.26, you can test it using a New Family to see if it works.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:59 PM
uhh, works great in 1.26, you can test it using a New Family to see if it works.

I had it first in a subfolder then removed it, the option is showing up now. I will see how it plays out. I hope this works so my sim does not have to spend 3 days and 3 nights in his garden, lol.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brittzilla
Wow just yesterday I was thinking we needed this, and then BAM you make this. You are awesome, thank you sooooo much <3

Same here! Thanks so much!

-Isis-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:22 PM
This sounds like a great mod, but I've got a tiny problem with it.

I request the gardener service and everything stops showing up. I get a message that either says that the gardener will be there the next morning or that he's on route to my house, but I never see any gardener. (And if there's a huge fire in my house, the firefighters doesn't show up either, nor can I order pizza..)

So that's a problem. I'm running the latest version of the game (all expansion except for pets) and I've tried creating a new family after the current one, but I've still got the same problem. Might also be worth mentioning that I'm trying to use it in bridgeport (if that's any problem)
I've got no mods except for some random furniture. (Nothing advanced, just couches and such)

No chance that it's a known problem and that there's a fix for it?
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jokkocze
This sounds like a great mod, but I've got a tiny problem with it.

I request the gardener service and everything stops showing up. I get a message that either says that the gardener will be there the next morning or that he's on route to my house, but I never see any gardener. (And if there's a huge fire in my house, the firefighters doesn't show up either, nor can I order pizza..)

So that's a problem. I'm running the latest version of the game (all expansion except for pets) and I've tried creating a new family after the current one, but I've still got the same problem. Might also be worth mentioning that I'm trying to use it in bridgeport (if that's any problem)
I've got no mods except for some random furniture. (Nothing advanced, just couches and such)

No chance that it's a known problem and that there's a fix for it?

I'm having the same problem but to add one my maid is not showing up, I see the gardeners truck but no gardener...(got that "toggle" thing fixed or should I say it fixed it's self.
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepour2
I'm having the same problem but to add one my maid is not showing up, I see the gardeners truck but no gardener...(got that "toggle" thing fixed or should I say it fixed it's self.

Haven't tried the maid, but I'm guessing that the problem goes for all services. I dont even get the gardeners truck :/
Inventor
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jokkocze
Haven't tried the maid, but I'm guessing that the problem goes for all services. I dont even get the gardeners truck :/

can you give more details? can you see the gardener somewhere?

the truck is in front of your house? the news paper delivery is working?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:24 PM
Can I have both your Gardener and your Dancer mod in my game?
Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
can you give more details? can you see the gardener somewhere?

the truck is in front of your house? the news paper delivery is working?

Couldn't find the gardener anywhere and no, there were no truck in front of my house.
Newspaperdelivery doesn't work, and neither does the mailman..

I've uninstalled the mod following the instructions, but the game still seems to be broken.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kece
I had it first in a subfolder then removed it, the option is showing up now. I will see how it plays out. I hope this works so my sim does not have to spend 3 days and 3 nights in his garden, lol.

So far is working quite well with the exception that it is taking forever for the garden to grow which I think has to do something with sims pets, as I have never had a garden take so long to sprout......... it took amost 1 sim week if not longer for the tomatoes to start to sprout. I think that EA needs to figure something out for the garden.
Inventor
Original Poster
#95 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cactusimotion
Can I have both your Gardener and your Dancer mod in my game?

yes, they work
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:13 AM
This conflicts with Treeag's 'Store All Fish and Harvestables' mod.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 12:16 AM
Default Just to say thanks...
Well after trodding through countless hours of trying to figure out what the deal was with Twallans Register Mod and your Gardener Mod, It has been fixed on my end. I don't know if it was something you did to correct something or if Twallan did something to Register.

He said it was probably a coincidence that I was getting Register errors and it was going Bat Crazy on me for some reason. And it was apparently nothing to do with your Mod. So with that said,

I have installed your newest updated version of your mod and updated Register as well and all day so far about 7 hours worth of gameplay I have not had one error and or any incidents of foul play. Everything is working as it should.

With your mod it has given me some incentive to plant gardens again. Being as I can hire these people to help with the load when I build huge gardens.

So Kudos to you on this fantastic mod. Definitely 1 to keep in my game for sure.

Quote: Originally posted by Pepperbutt
This conflicts with Treeag's 'Store All Fish and Harvestables' mod.

I'm using that exact same mod and not having any issues with it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:32 AM
thats awesome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:47 AM
This is really usefull, thank you!
Test Subject
#100 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:17 AM
What does it do with bags of money? I've not been watching the gardeners very closely, and normal plants have been harvested several times now but I haven't received any notifications from my 5 money trees.
Page 4 of 30