Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 30
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:58 AM
Hello,

I seem to have found the problem that the only self-employment option now is to be a gardener, meaning that the professional writer career has disappeared.
Anyone else having this problem? Any easy way to fix? I like my garden and don't want to have to get rid of it.
Field Researcher
#127 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
was solved in the last update v1.12.

I found out what the problem was...basically my sim and gardener were only able to harvest certain plants. I couldnt figure out why. The issues started happening after one of my plants was disposed of by the gardener. Not sure if that's relevant, but it looked like the sim was trying to revive the plant but it vanished instead of being revived.

The only mods I have that affect food are:
Dolphin26 Magic Gardening Gnome,
SimsMxMissingSoilAutoPlants, and
Treeag - StoreinFridge

I tried the version in your post which is for testing and the "information" option does nothing for me. All of my plants came from food I bought or seeds that I found. Nothing was fixing the issue until I used Debug Enabler to grow the plants and then deleted them all. I've lost my two money trees because of it. I replanted and everything seems normal now.

So what ever it was, it caused some of my plants to reach harvest point but not actually bare any fruit. I have WA, AM, LN, GEN, PETS, and OL stuff pack .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#128 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joryuukage
Hello,

I seem to have found the problem that the only self-employment option now is to be a gardener, meaning that the professional writer career has disappeared.
Anyone else having this problem? Any easy way to fix? I like my garden and don't want to have to get rid of it.

can you give more details?? all the self-employment desapeared??
Inventor
Original Poster
#129 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
I found out what the problem was...basically my sim and gardener were only able to harvest certain plants. I couldnt figure out why. The issues started happening after one of my plants was disposed of by the gardener. Not sure if that's relevant, but it looked like the sim was trying to revive the plant but it vanished instead of being revived.

The only mods I have that affect food are:
Dolphin26 Magic Gardening Gnome,
SimsMxMissingSoilAutoPlants, and
Treeag - StoreinFridge

I tried the version in your post which is for testing and the "information" option does nothing for me. All of my plants came from food I bought or seeds that I found. Nothing was fixing the issue until I used Debug Enabler to grow the plants and then deleted them all. I've lost my two money trees because of it. I replanted and everything seems normal now.

So what ever it was, it caused some of my plants to reach harvest point but not actually bare any fruit. I have WA, AM, LN, GEN, PETS, and OL stuff pack .

Code:
im was trying to revive the plant but it vanished instead of being revived.

that's the original sims 3 "revive interaction", there is 90% of chance of successful revive.

the "dispose interaction" has the "revive animation", because i didn't found any dispose animation.

the downloaded version (not released yet) with the "information interaction" only works when there is no NPC in your lot, and it's used for debug only, there is not difference between the previous version.

Quote:

wait some sim days, different plants has different growing rates, some produces in 4 days, others take more time.
or maybe it's a conflict with others mods, because i didn't get this kind of issue.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:51 AM
Hey douglasveiga

I did wait over a sim week, thinking maybe something was wrong with my plants (like they were off the square and inaccessible). I reset them, moved them, nothing worked.

Also the magic gnome makes them grow and reach harvest, so that should have worked when I put it onto the lot .

Maybe it was a wierd once off. I'll see if it happens again, and if it does I'll fix it and then test with only your mod. See if I can get you more details.

Also, I think what joryuukage was trying to say was he can't join the writing profession because "gardener" has overridden it.

joryuukage to get into any of the professions you need one skill point in them so check your sim has a skill point in writing .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#131 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:10 PM
Hey douglasveiga

I did wait over a sim week, thinking maybe something was wrong with my plants (like they were off the square and inaccessible). I reset them, moved them, nothing worked.

Also the magic gnome makes them grow and reach harvest, so that should have worked when I put it onto the lot .

Maybe it was a wierd once off. I'll see if it happens again, and if it does I'll fix it and then test with only your mod. See if I can get you more details.

Also, I think what joryuukage was trying to say was he can't join the writing profession because "gardener" has overridden it.

joryuukage to get into any of the professions you need one skill point in them so check your sim has a skill point in writing .

how many plants do you have in your garden???
the gardener can harvest all the plants in 1 sim day????

the plant that don't produce is a New Plant (never produced before)??? or a plant that already was harvested several times???
Field Researcher
#132 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:22 PM Last edited by Alundra : 9th Nov 2011 at 1:46 PM.
Plant that's been there since before the mod and should still be producing. I have Nraas mods that have a tooltip extension and it says the growth state is at harvest. I meant to upload a pic of my garden...will do that to this post.

The gardener usually harvests twice before leaving in a day because the gnome grows and revives the plants automatically...so the gardener looks around and sees things need harvesting and does it again lol. Then he leaves.

Dunno if this might be related but I placed the lot from the bin, so the plants were in the sim bin at one point . I just remembered.

Also on the sims reviving being the same as disposing, I think there's no animation because it's the "pick up" animation but it might be an action instead of an animation? As in it uses the pick up animation but it's an action - pick up and take to bin. I dunno, I'm no modder and I dunno the back end just throwing ideas out there lol.
Screenshots

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#133 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 8:22 PM Last edited by joryuukage : 9th Nov 2011 at 8:44 PM.
can you give more details?? all the self-employment desapeared??

All self-employment options have disappeared, yes. I only have the option to become a gardener myself. To try and correct the problem, I had my sim cancel all gardening services and uninstall the mod as the instructions indicated, but the problem still persists, even though there is no gardener present. Even though the mod is uninstalled, I still have the option to hire a gardener.

Edit: Thank you, Alundra, for your post...if I had read more carefully then I might have actually seen that. Making sure my sim had the skill point insured that she was able to register....something I didn't realize she hadn't done because I'm so used to getting the skill for my sim automatically.
Inventor
Original Poster
#134 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:26 PM
Plant that's been there since before the mod and should still be producing. I have Nraas mods that have a tooltip extension and it says the growth state is at harvest. I meant to upload a pic of my garden...will do that to this post.

The gardener usually harvests twice before leaving in a day because the gnome grows and revives the plants automatically...so the gardener looks around and sees things need harvesting and does it again lol. Then he leaves.

Dunno if this might be related but I placed the lot from the bin, so the plants were in the sim bin at one point . I just remembered.

Also on the sims reviving being the same as disposing, I think there's no animation because it's the "pick up" animation but it might be an action instead of an animation? As in it uses the pick up animation but it's an action - pick up and take to bin. I dunno, I'm no modder and I dunno the back end just throwing ideas out there lol.

already working on solution
Inventor
Original Poster
#135 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 9:28 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 9th Nov 2011 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joryuukage
All self-employment options have disappeared, yes. I only have the option to become a gardener myself. To try and correct the problem, I had my sim cancel all gardening services and uninstall the mod as the instructions indicated, but the problem still persists, even though there is no gardener present. Even though the mod is uninstalled, I still have the option to hire a gardener.

Edit: Thank you, Alundra, for your post...if I had read more carefully then I might have actually seen that. Making sure my sim had the skill point insured that she was able to register....something I didn't realize she hadn't done because I'm so used to getting the skill for my sim automatically.

this is no relation with my mod.

"With The Sims 3: Ambitions expansion pack, players can register as a self-employed gardener."

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 11:38 PM
Didn't work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 4:48 AM
This one and the Faster Nectar Making mod just will not work. I am up to date with the game and I have never had trouble with mods before. I just do not know why it will not work.
Field Researcher
#138 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:42 AM
douglasveiga it happened again. I cancelled my gardening service via the phone while the gardeners were on the lot. They vanished and my plants are broken. Hope that helps you track the error down .

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#139 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 12:41 PM
douglasveiga it happened again. I cancelled my gardening service via the phone while the gardeners were on the lot. They vanished and my plants are broken. Hope that helps you track the error down .

there is no error, when cancel the service will force an "shutdown" to clean up all the gardener references to avoid future problems.

new update available.
Field Researcher
#140 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 12:55 PM
Yeah but it kills all of my plants so there IS a problem there.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Inventor
Original Poster
#141 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:05 PM
Yeah but it kills all of my plants so there IS a problem there.

it's not "killing", it's removing Dead OR Barren plants.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:12 PM
I think you're misunderstanding.

If I cancel my maid service my toilet, sink, shower, other things maids clean..they don't become unusable.

Why should cancelling my gardening service prevent my plants from ever growing again? It breaks them regardless of whether they're dead, barren or alive.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:14 PM
hey,
i dont know how to install it :D
could anyone please help me?

Cheers,

(p.s not the Mike Rowe from dirty jobs)
Inventor
Original Poster
#144 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike rowe
hey,
i dont know how to install it :D
could anyone please help me?

Cheers,

(p.s not the Mike Rowe from dirty jobs)

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Inventor
Original Poster
#145 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:23 PM
I think you're misunderstanding.

If I cancel my maid service my toilet, sink, shower, other things maids clean..they don't become unusable.

Why should cancelling my gardening service prevent my plants from ever growing again? It breaks them regardless of whether they're dead, barren or alive.

can you be more specific?? "breaks"??? you mean Barren???
Field Researcher
#146 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:42 PM
What happens is the plants don't grow and are stuck green and leafy. Like the picture before. They then lose all of their interactions, I only had Nraas and View. Nraas because I have master controller and some debugging mods.

I ran a "test interactions" command from one of them (Debug Enabler) and it output a script error showing that all of the interactions were failing.

The mod that I ran the command from is:
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....ed-2011-oct-19/

It says this in the readme about the command:
Quote:
"Test Menu Interactions"
Runs every interaction associated with the object and dumps out whether they are visible, and why they are not visible
Any interaction that would normally bust the menu system will dump any associated script errors to the log as well

I don't recall a why in the log, and I can't find it now. I'll trigger the plants to break again and run the script and show you if you like?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#147 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 1:52 PM
try this

Hey Douglasveiga, tried out the update and still nothing. I don't get any information to share. Still no NPC (none of them work), not even getting the gardener truck now. Not sure what step to take next...(weeping)
Inventor
Original Poster
#148 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 2:16 PM
What happens is the plants don't grow and are stuck green and leafy. Like the picture before. They then lose all of their interactions, I only had Nraas and View. Nraas because I have master controller and some debugging mods.

I ran a "test interactions" command from one of them (Debug Enabler) and it output a script error showing that all of the interactions were failing.

The mod that I ran the command from is:
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....ed-2011-oct-19/

It says this in the readme about the command:

I don't recall a why in the log, and I can't find it now. I'll trigger the plants to break again and run the script and show you if you like?

they don't show the interactions because the Plant is Dead or Barren (in the Plant Status Tooltip you can see it) even Green, probably it's a bug from previously Gardener Version. please, just let the Gardener dispose all the Dead or Barren.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:06 PM
Hello, and place the file in the folder, and when I boot the game I get a warning, some modification of the game will give accept, the game play and everything loads fine but when I want to hire a gardener Yamar not aparese me anything? that will be happening to me? I have the game updated to 1.26.89.01 ..... help please. thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:55 PM
Amazing! Thanks so much for this!
Page 6 of 30