Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:57 PM
Default wierd file extensions
i've noticed that the installer changes the file extension when installing to the savedsims or download folders. it gives all my files the following extension "*.package.package". i have to go through the folder can correct the files after instalation. anyone have any idea why the program would make this kind of modification?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 1:13 PM
I noticed I have the same problem with the Clean Installer 1514-version after I installed Bon Voyage.
The only options in the "Select file extension" are Sims2Tmp or package.
Should be a blank option as well since the basic files are allready a package-file.

How can I configurate the Clean Installer? Or is it better to use an earlier version?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:11 AM
I noticed the same/i don't know if it prevents the package from working but it could create dup files/i don't believe you can download an eirlier ver
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 12:47 PM
My guess on what is happening.

When downloading a lot:
The creator have packed the lot in the game with the game default package-program, repacked the lot with Sims2Pack Clean Installer (one extra .package is created) to exclude hacks and others.
And maybee some of the files in the lot have been repacked over and over with Clean Installer and everytime is a new .package created.

I have noticed up 'til 5 .package of some downloaded files in a lot.

The latest lot I downloaded, I run a check in Clean Installer for duplicates.
The program found 5 files.
I manually went over the files for this lot (over my windows search) and could find 34 (!!!) more duplicate files.

What is Sims2Pack Clean Installer good for again, I forgot...