Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 10:03 PM
Default The Sims 2 - Let's See Your Patio/Outdoor Living Setup!
Hey all!

So I'm a huge fan of having outdoor living spaces in The Sims! However, I sometimes struggle to find either a space that looks good and suitable, or finding a patio-esque set that I like. Maybe I'm just in some need of inspiration from others, which is why I'd love to see how you've set up your Sim's patio or outdoor living space! Pools, decks, gardens and what-not, let us see what you've got!

Check out my building creations!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:06 AM
So, here is a picture of a backyard/patio setup that I'm currently working on! I'm in the midst of an extensive remodel throughout Malcom Landgraab's house in Bluewater Village. So far, the inside is coming along nicely, but I'm starting to focus my sights on the outdoors! I'd looove to have a multi-tiered deck, but I'm not exactly up for redoing the entire house foundation! Either way, it's coming along nicely so far!

I thought I'd turn this little upstairs level into a bar with a hot tub.

The lower level deck, which looks quite lovely if one where to dine outside methinks!

And finally, a small little garden that one can look out to over the deck. I just love that bamboo fountain...

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your Sim's backyards and patios!

Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:25 AM
Beautiful!!!!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:52 AM
Metamorp, do you use a lighting mod? If so, which one (or is this just what the game's supposed to look like if you have a halfway decent graphics card)? I like that effect!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 10:42 AM
The small patioed area behind one of the houses in Bard Boulevard in Veronaville (which has a bit of a hilly section and is still a work in progress!). To the right is the indoor swimming pool.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Metamorp, do you use a lighting mod? If so, which one (or is this just what the game's supposed to look like if you have a halfway decent graphics card)? I like that effect!

@Zarathustra Hey! I don't use a lighting mod, but I do have all graphical settings in the game on maximum. I'd love to try out a lighting mod, but each one I've used is either too saturated or just doesn't seem to work well with the game engine! :3

Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
The small patioed area behind one of the houses in Bard Boulevard in Veronaville (which has a bit of a hilly section and is still a work in progress!). To the right is the indoor swimming pool.

Ooh! What a lovely build.. I quite like the staircase that descends into the patio area. If that patio faces the road, I'd like to think that it gives a bit more of a private space away from the traffic. Hah, or maybe I just take this game too seriously at times!

Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 10:20 PM
This is my sims' backyard:

There's also a pool but I didn't get a picture of it.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:40 PM
The side garden of the former Capp manor (in the background is a set up for a wedding)

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 3:42 PM
It's the Greenman house from Riverblossom Hills.