Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 10:14 PM
Wow that's really one of the best makeovers of Don's house that I've ever seen! I love the way you did the stucco. I also hope you can fix your hood, I hate it when your game decides to explode.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#27 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 1:02 AM
Nah, hood was not savable. But I don't get attached to my hoods, and I package all my lots when done and save to my external. As those are more important to me.

But thanks! I had fun with that house. And Don seems happy.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:19 AM
I love Maxis homes, but they have so much extra space it's annoying.
I try to modify them all so the house keeps it's Maxis look, but doesn't annoy me with a living room of 300 squares.

I have remade a few homes.
This is an OFB home's living room.

I had to cut the left wing into two parts.

The Pleasentview homes that are like Don's.

The Living room, right side of the stairs.

I'm currently remodeling the Gondola home (it's the red-bricked home by Chester's home) from Bluewater Village-thingy.

The second story/bedroom

I had to make a room for the living room, this house has toooooo much room.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 10:41 PM
That's usually how Maxis makes them - large and bulky. They're usually oversized, which makes it even more of a challenge to make the copious amounts of squares (such as 300 in a living room ) into decent rooms, which you've obviously done! Nice work PuX!
Instructor
#30 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 4:05 PM
I love those houses Pux, they look great.

Some of the community pool in Pleasantview

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#31 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 10:36 PM
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 7:19 AM
I am rather pleased with this one, and it is pretty obvious to pick out.

Sorry about the crappy photos.

http://forums.sims-community.com/at...tid=21261&stc=1

http://forums.sims-community.com/at...tid=21260&stc=1

http://forums.sims-community.com/at...tid=21259&stc=1

I'm aware of the links, I don't know how to get rid of 'em, sorry.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Stupid people are stupid
#33 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 9:36 AM
I redid one of the houses in Pleasantview. You know, one of those close to Don.

Floorplan
Floorplan 2
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Feb 2009 at 11:18 PM
Wow! That's gorgeous! I love it!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 1:21 AM
Finally feeling normal, getting back into the groove; here's a makeover of some home in Desiderata Valley. (I forgot who the owners are. :p)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:54 PM
Another one, can you guess which one this is? :p
Stupid people are stupid
#37 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:07 PM
Yes, yes. I know that one Blake.

*waits impatiently for the game to load to find the name*

80 Crumplebottom drive. That's the one. I redid that one thousands of times by now. Great house
It came with the second Uni hood, right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:35 PM
tee hee! It's not 80 Crumplebottom Drive!

It's the Craftsman's Pride that comes in the lot bin. Just adjusted to make it two tiles less wide so it can fit on a 1x2 lot.
Stupid people are stupid
#39 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blake
tee hee! It's not 80 Crumplebottom Drive!

It's the Craftsman's Pride that comes in the lot bin. Just adjusted to make it two tiles less wide so it can fit on a 1x2 lot.

Wow, it looks just like the crumplbottom one. Must check out the craftsman pride then.
#40 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 6:58 PM
Hey... it's the Craftsman! I love that one; at the moment it's my main house since a lot of my sims are in college. It's now a sorority. The founding sisters are two witches, a vampire, and a totally normal girl who is totally weirded out by the rest of them. XD

I really revamped that one, too, I will take pictures and (hopefully) edit this post later and show you some.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 1:18 AM
The Obscura
Just some dorm rooms made-over to look like Venison. :D

(Made over from the 6 room dorm in the lot bin, added some roof stuff and changed the paint a little bit made it sooo much better :p)
Forum Resident
#42 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 3:19 PM
I love looking at the make-over pictures! There are some very nice homes here.

I stick to very basic remodelling with just the base game objects and no recolors for now. I have Vista on my new machine and am having too many crashes when I try to add even limited cc. Never-the-less, I thought I'd share some more pictures.

Here's a simple make-over of the Specter house:

I love to make-over this house in Strangetown with the basement:

I move in the Singles.

They get a larger basement bedroom.

They only have 20,000 for the four gals, so it is always sparsely furnished in the beginning.

I also like to redo the Grunt home. Here's the way I changed the layout upstairs:

The Beaker castle loses it's dungeon to make a bigger lab. I also change the roof and front stairs. Inside, I just delete the center bathroom upstairs to make a bigger hall.

Another house I like to remodel in one in Pleasantview into which I move the Burbs. It has a small balcony in front that I delete and I like to angle the wall in back like this:

It gives them more room at the top of the stairs and I add a bedroom to unused space upstairs so the top floor shares the same walls as the bottom, and there is room for that baby that John wants.

For me, I try to make just the minimum changes so I keep the individuality of the Maxis home; but I get rid of things that I don't like or don't make sense to me. For instance, in the Pleasant home, I delete the fireplaces. Why give the sims a chance to catch the place on fire? Then I deleted the wall that made Lilith's bedroom so small and gave her and Angela both double beds. The computer desk and the hallway phone get moved downstairs to save them going all the way upstairs with homework or to talk to someone on the phone.

They aren't in the same league as the other make-overs here, but they are simple fixes that I thought to share any way.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 12:44 AM
There's actually a contest right now, run by Tree4me, in which the application (two spots left) is a Maxis Makeover.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:16 AM
Random fun thought for anyone who really likes to make Maxis makeovers - the house that comes with the base game, I forget what it's called, which is in the house bin, is two stories high and has the big porch all the way round. That house makes a great home business, simply because there is so much space and so many rooms upstairs. You can make the upstairs your whole house and have the whole downstairs be the business.

Page 2 of 2