Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:32 PM
Well, I very seriously doubt it's a compatibility issue...it was with my game but FE is fully patched. The easiest way to tell if it is though is just put the template package in-game as-is. If it doesn't show up it's a compatibility issue. If it does then it isn't.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:29 PM
Oh dear, I think you are all misunderstanding me. This was my fault completely. I as usual speed read the start of the tutorial where tools, etc are mentioned thinking, I'll have all that. I did not download cmomoney's template. I have it now and am about to re try this tutprial, I'll make it work one of these days.

You know, just one thing, when we get to invert, it never works for me, I have to do the red, green and blue with mv's colour replacer, it's quick but there are always bits that have to be fixed by hand. I have no clue why I can't get invert to work. I'm using photoshop cs3
Scholar
#28 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:13 PM
I already did a post here and it disappeared so I'll do it again and add what I came back for.

You are misunderstanding me. I didn't download the template from here, that would be why it didn't work.

Just did this and got a rug to show up. Is there a reason it can't have three colour channels? I was trying to do thre with the red, green and blue but only two work. Remember this is my first ever CC object, everyone say awwww, rofl. I did get this one to show in the catalogue as a .package in my mods folder, but there is no way the .package will imprt to workshop so I can make an s.pack too, I'd prefer to be able to offer both so that everyone can use it, any idea why it won't show in workshop when I import the package as a new package?

I can now go do a few two colour ones while I wait to see if I can fix the 3 channel thing, the rug I just did defo needs 3 channels. I did set three patterns in the materials block thingy.
Alchemist
#29 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:34 PM
The rug template doesn't have the third channel enabled. You need to go into the OBJD/Materials/Material Block/Type Codes. In the list that comes up, in the third entry...the one for Control Code 0x35 change the Unknown 1 from 0x00 to 0x01. Then commit, save, and test.
Scholar
#30 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 10:03 PM
Ok, I've got you. Thanks for the help, I'll go do that

Now on the colours in the type codes, it's just two numbers and I'm not sure about them at all. I'm used to using full hex numbers. Any tips on how to pick the colour in there?
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 10:10 PM
Hang on one sec...getting links

http://www.immigration-usa.com/html_colors.html

like that. There's converter charts and calculators all over the web if you don't like this one. Also, in the glass tutorial there's other links that I couldn't find quickly.

Just remember that each pair of numbers or letters is for one line. They're listed in RGB order but when you put them into S3PE you need to reverse the R and B pairs because S3PE has the red and blue reversed.
Scholar
#32 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 10:56 PM
Thanks so much for this, I had no clue and didn't even know what to look for on the net

Oh I'm such an idiot, so basically I put the first two numbers on one line, then the next two on the next and so on. I thought there was something that converted it to just two numbers, I have no clue what I was thinking.

I use the web monkey one for web design, etc

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/color_charts/
Scholar
#33 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:11 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 19th Nov 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Now my big question would be, how do we make the rugs larger? Is there a way to change the size of the template?

cmomoney, thanks a lot for this, I will be sure to credit you for your work.

Nope, came across another problem, sorry about this, like I said I'm a total newbie at objects

I can't get 4 different rugs to show in the catalogue. I don't want them all on one rug, I want 4 seperate thumbs for them, they are all different so can't be a set. I only get one to show. I have gone in and done the fnv hash thing on both the ask for each rug and the mulitplier (hope that's right), so they should all have different instance numbers. I also changed the name in the guid bit. Is there somehting else I'd have to do to make 4 stand alone rugs or is this not possible?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 5:18 PM
To make them larger you would have to open the mesh in a meshing program and change the size of the mesh. For each rug to be unique, you have to open each package in S3OC click Clone/Fix, give it a unique name, and with the Renumber box checked click Start.
I'm glad this worked for you, and can't wait to see what you've come up with.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#35 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 6:38 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 19th Nov 2010 at 8:31 PM.
It hasn't worked yet, I'm only able to do one at a time and the rugs I've done are very basic while I learn. I think everyone knows my thing is building and worlds but I'm feeling I should be doing some other stuff now.

I'll have yet another go roflmao

Thanks for the help

Aaargh, when I do that with s3oc, I get 4 rugs but none of them have a mask so I can colour them, I know they all have a mask, I can colour them if I put one in and test it, then delete that and try another.

I don't think I'm going to be any good at this, but I keep trying, lol. Why would the mask not work?

Sorry to be such a pain.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#36 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:47 PM
Maybe I confused you. I meant you were supposed to open your finished rugs, one at a time in s3oc. Click Clone/Fix, give it a unique name, and with the Renumber box checked click Start. The Renumber(and maybe the enable compression) check box is the only one that should be checked when renumbering.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#37 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:02 PM
I did only open them one at a time and there were only two boxes ticked, renumber internally and enable compression, just like you said, yes there is no mask to recolour it. All the rugs are grey.

I really do feel as thick as two short planks and have done all day. I can't see why I can't get this to work, crikey I could build a whole world before the days when CAW had much in the way of help anywhere. I should be able to open somthing and just do it. I followed all the instructions. So far I've made 6 rugs, 4 that I thought were ok and none that aren't grey when renumbered. I did a chinese dragon one and it was recolouring in the game but the others wouldn't show with it, so I used S3OC on them all and now the dragon one won't recolour and I know the mask is there as it's the same package.

I'm that way right now that I can't let this beat me. I'll wait and sit and do them again from scratch, this time putting a set in each and trying it that way.

How about if I cloned the template then used the renumbered template to make the next lot? Would that work?
Alchemist
#38 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:23 AM
FE, there is a way to change the size of the template IMG but it sounds, from subsequent posts, that this isn't the major issue right now for you.

In what you've posted this is the part I don't understand, " I have gone in and done the fnv hash thing on both the ask for each rug and the mulitplier (hope that's right), so they should all have different instance numbers. I also changed the name in the guid bit."

What you should do, in order to have 4 different rugs, none of which share the same instance numbers as the template rug is this:

1. copy the template rug
2. follow the tutorial so that your copy of the template rug looks how you want it to
3. "fix" the template rug using s30c. The fix process does not require you to manually rename anything.

My guess is that, in the process of whatever you were doing when you went in and started changing fnv hashes and etc., you changed the name of what the OBJD is looking for and didn't change it all, or didn't change what it's looking at or something along those lines.

The important point here is this: to create a new rug with its own thumbprint you don't need to do anything other than copy the rug, follow the tutorial, and then "fix" the rug with s30c. Cmo explained how to do that so I'm not gonna repeat it...but if you're having problems with that step look in my painting tutorial thread where I gave step by step instructions with pictures (in the thread not the tutorial). If you're still having problems post again.

You don't need to clone the template. Just copy it and make your rug. Then "fix" it. And don't feel thick either girl...S3 is tough to mesh for and the project you're doing is tough. And your idea of doing things one thing at a time is a good one. If I start having problems with a project that's what I do too. Changing one thing at a time and seeing how it goes in-game makes it so you know immediately with no question what it was you did that caused an adverse outcome. Hang in there...you can do it
Scholar
#39 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:16 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 20th Nov 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Pehaps what has happened is that I followed the tutorial too well and changed the fnv hash and I shouldn't have, unless they were going to be on one thumb.

When I say I've never made any objects, that's not strictly true. I have done many painting sets, stairs, roof recolours and modified windows. Just no real meshing, never works with guids before and that's the purpose of me doing these rugs, to get myself ito that so that I can go on to better things.

I can do them again and this time not change the hash.

The intention was to make 4 then if they woked and I was happy I would make the 4 of them sets of six, no way was I making sets then having to fix them all, this is just practice.

I'll have modern, and ethnic, traditional and childrens rugs

I'll start again, I still have the mask and multipliers that haven't been changed so no big deal.

Thanks for the help and patience

I'll feedback if I get them to work, all this might help others in the end anyway
Scholar
#40 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:47 AM Last edited by fluttereyes : 26th Nov 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Sorry about the double post but it's been a while. I'm just back to trying this again and I can get two rugs to show and I get two white blanks. I should have three rugs, I have two and these two blanks. I tried recolouring the blank ones to see if it would help but it didn't.

Now I'm wondering about step 19 of the tutorial. What I'm doing is changing the instance numbers on the 1st and 3rd images as it says. Then when I add a third rug I do the same again, the 1st and third. Am I supposed to do different for a third rug? At least I have two working now.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 1:19 PM
When you add the third rug, are you going back to step 18?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#42 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:22 PM
No, I'm going back to 17, right back to where it says add more designs, which means I'm doing a different instance number for each rug. I take it this is wrong, I don't seem to be getting the hang of the instance number thing. Looking at the tutorial now, I have it printed out, I don't see how going to just 18 will do it because I'm thinking I have to crate a copy mask and multiplier for each. I will get this if it's the last thing I do, lol, and it might well be the last thing I do.

I'll have another go later on and get out of this chair to clear my head. I've redownloaded the template just in case I messed that up, but now you have me concerned that if I only go back to 18 then how does the other mesh get added, this is a set of three rugs. I do the same stuff for each one, copy the mask and mesh, replace the with the next rug, then go in and fix all the colours. I create a new instance number for each of the three rugs, maybe I'm reading this wrong
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#43 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
I wasn't saying you were doing anything wrong, just trying to find where the mistake could be happening. You want to post it or send it to me to look at before you start all over? It may be something simple.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#44 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:45 PM Last edited by fluttereyes : 26th Nov 2010 at 5:34 PM.
I would be grateful if you could have a look, I know I'm doing something wrong. I just can't work out what. I'll post it here for you. This is the package with the three rugs, at least if I can identify where I'm going wrong, I'll be able to make it work in future.

I just realised that this is my last effort where I deleted one to see if it would work with just two, I ended up with two the same and two blanks. I saved over the other one so don't have that anymore.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ModernRugsCollection1_FE_PS.rar (193.8 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#45 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:05 PM
I now have these working. I have one problem but will get to it.

I had two rugs that had two colours and one that had three. I tried changing the material type code to 01, didn't work, it gave me options to ecolour the first rug so I discovered that if you want the third rug to have three colours you have to do 03.

Now the thumbs are an issue, the main one is green and it's never been green, none of the rugs have ever been green. It's like a dark green. The rugs are shades of brown as default. Now I also have the issue of the thumb for a rug being the thumb for b rug, so you have to just pull them out to have a look. I suspect this is to do with the image thing I raised about. This bit here

Quote:
Now I'm wondering about step 19 of the tutorial. What I'm doing is changing the instance numbers on the 1st and 3rd images as it says. Then when I add a third rug I do the same again, the 1st and third. Am I supposed to do different for a third rug? At least I have two working now.

should I still be using the first and third images? for a third rug when I already used them for the second one
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#46 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:34 PM
Does the problem persist after you clear your caches?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#47 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:12 PM
I clear my caches after removing anything and before installing the next, so yes. The 1st and thrid image thing, is this for every one you add or just the second one?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:45 PM
It is for every added preset that uses a different image. What you're doing is basically assigning the images to the material. If the new preset is just a variation of the previous(i.e. different colors) then you don't have to because the index numbers get copied to the new one.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
#49 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:13 AM
No, it's a totally different rugs but I'm using the same colours as the preset. So it can't be that then. Thanks for your patience with me. What I can say is that the rugs do actually work well and recolour well, my testers love them, it's just this thumbnail thing. I've done something with that replacement image, I'm sure of it. I'll go and do the img part again and take really good care doing it and see if it works, could be I just added the same one twice then
Scholar
#50 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 7:07 PM
I got this thing pegged. I'm really happy with the results and have given you credit for the template.

Just one more thing I need to know. How do I disabled one of the colours, if I only want a single colour rug? I know how to add one but not how to remove one.
Page 2 of 3