Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 2:04 PM
Default Edit default replacement texture in SimPE
So I got back to Sims 2 recently and loaded my old downloads folder, which has quite a lot of default replacements. It's a few years old now and most use maxis match Remi textures. Most new ones I find use newer retextures, with different blonde shades. I still want to use my some of my old replacements because I like them, but planned on editing them so the haircolors match. I can use photoshop so that is no problem. SimPE is where I have no experience. I tried opening the default replacements packages, find the blonde texture, exported the image and color corrected it, then tried right click > build DXT then save, or commit then save... it always turns back to the original texture? Are there other parts of the package I need to edit? I've been googling tutorials, but they're more about making defaults from scratch or changing meshes or making non-default cc. These would be entirely for personal use so I thought just editing the packages would be simpler but I'm not sure it is, haha.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 4:51 PM
For textures, always commit then save. Find your texture, use DXT 3 or 5, and "none" for sharpen.

Don't click away from the TXTR resource you're in before you click "commit" - if you click another resource before commiting, whatever you did in it will be reset (there are a few exceptions, but the TXTR is not one of them). If you're making other changes, make sure the TXTR resource name changes to italics when you click "commit" because that means your changes were temporarily saved, until you do click "save".

Also make sure you are using standard sizes for the textures (512x512 or 1024x1024 or something like it, and not 1026x510 or some other size that won't be accepted by the game).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For textures, always commit then save. Find your texture, use DXT 3 or 5, and "none" for sharpen.

Don't click away from the TXTR resource you're in before you click "commit" - if you click another resource before commiting, whatever you did in it will be reset (there are a few exceptions, but the TXTR is not one of them). If you're making other changes, make sure the TXTR resource name changes to italics when you click "commit" because that means your changes were temporarily saved, until you do click "save".

Also make sure you are using standard sizes for the textures (512x512 or 1024x1024 or something like it, and not 1026x510 or some other size that won't be accepted by the game).

Oh, I got it working now. Thank you so much!