Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 4:18 PM Last edited by Cassie95 : 14th Mar 2021 at 11:28 PM.
Default Unwanted 4 grey recolours for elders
SOLVED

I downloaded a custom hair in the four standard colours: black, brown, blond, red (together with the mesh = 5 files and there were no other colours available, in case that info is needed). Now, I expected to see a grey version of that hair for elders but instead there are 4 grey versions of that hair.

Keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about custom content creation... So, I assume that either 1) each grey hair is mistakenly linked to the corresponding coloured hair instead of 1 grey for all colours or 2) elders were supposed to keep the adult colours but something went wrong.
Preferably I'd like to have one grey hair for all the adult colours but I've no idea how to do that/if it's possible, so... Help?

I also want to thank you guys, you've been very helpful with every question I've had. This is a great forum.

* I also want to say English isn't my mother language so there might be some mistakes in there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 5:06 PM
Maybe you can get some use out of Cat's hair binner, here: https://modthesims.info/d/434016

Set the 4 hairs up for the 4 first boxes in their correct hair colors, choose which of them you want to keep the grey for, select "same bin for all 4 colors" and "1 grey for all 4 colors".

If need be - remove unwanted ages (if there's toddler/child/teen ages with missing meshes).

It's a good idea to work on copies of the files, and test them to make sure they behave the way you want BEFORE you delete/remove the originals (or save a copy of the originals for safekeeping in case you want to bin them differently later, or fix missing ages, etc.).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Maybe you can get some use out of Cat's hair binner, here: https://modthesims.info/d/434016

Set the 4 hairs up for the 4 first boxes in their correct hair colors, choose which of them you want to keep the grey for, select "same bin for all 4 colors" and "1 grey for all 4 colors".

If need be - remove unwanted ages (if there's toddler/child/teen ages with missing meshes).

It's a good idea to work on copies of the files, and test them to make sure they behave the way you want BEFORE you delete/remove the originals (or save a copy of the originals for safekeeping in case you want to bin them differently later, or fix missing ages, etc.).

I downloaded the hair binner, did everything like you said and it all worked perfectly. The binner will definitely come in handy in the future too.
Thank you for helping me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 5:54 AM
Is there a way for me to mark this as solved? *on a phone
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassie95
Is there a way for me to mark this as solved? *on a phone

Not so sure about a phone but I think you usually just edit the first post of thread title to add Solved.