Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2021 at 9:26 PM
Default Is there a mod that reduces or removes autonomous cleaning up on community lots?
I can;t find anything on this, but it's a bit frustrating taking out my sims to community lots and having them just compulsively clean up plates the entire time.. ESPECIALLY at restaurants!

Edit: Or maybe a mod that pushes non-playable sims to participate in cleaning, so my lone sim isn't the only one cleaning up the whole park every time.. Or really any possible solution for this
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th May 2021 at 11:07 PM
It may do more than you ask for, but that is one of the fixes in Simler90's Cleaning Mod.

ETA: Turns out Squinge has noautonomousdishes; last post says it's compatible for AL.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2021 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
It may do more than you ask for, but that is one of the fixes in Simler90's Cleaning Mod.

ETA: Turns out Squinge has noautonomousdishes; last post says it's compatible for AL.

I will try out Squinge's mod first because it's simpler. I think this will help a lot with annoyances. Thank you!!
Scholar
#4 Old 14th May 2021 at 2:22 AM
Hopping in here just to share a lil' info, hope that's okay!

I use this mod by Simler90 and visitors on Community Lots still don't autonomously clean up after themselves, it's always the Sim(s) I sent to the lot. Someone else had the same thing in the comment section, so I guess that's how the mod is. Kinda wish I knew how to change it but ehh.
Alchemist
#5 Old 14th May 2021 at 2:59 AM
@Fyren5, unless I'm mistaken, they're not supposed to. You would use Cleaning Mod to make sure that only neat sims autonomous clean and to make sure that sims don't clean up on community lots. (Because often they're cleaning up at a restaurant or maybe you think it's silly for your sims to clean up after everyone when the lot gets reset anyway, etc.)

If you do want someone to autonomously clean up lots, then you want a different mod (and a different one from the kind the OP was asking for). I would suggest Sophie-David's Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker (No More Dirty Lots) which basically is a dishwasher (invisible recolor available) that summons the Server NPC to clean the lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#6 Old 14th May 2021 at 1:31 PM
@Fyren5, unless I'm mistaken, they're not supposed to. You would use Cleaning Mod to make sure that only neat sims autonomous clean and to make sure that sims don't clean up on community lots. (Because often they're cleaning up at a restaurant or maybe you think it's silly for your sims to clean up after everyone when the lot gets reset anyway, etc.)

Even my sloppiest Sims love to clean up on community lots. I do remember that the aspiration and mood etc all affect the likelihood of them autonomously cleaning, and maybe I make my Sims too happy all the time. Ehh, either way, just watching my Sims and no visitors clean up on the community lots is getting irritating. My poor Sims.

If you do want someone to autonomously clean up lots, then you want a different mod (and a different one from the kind the OP was asking for). I would suggest Sophie-David's Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker (No More Dirty Lots) which basically is a dishwasher (invisible recolor available) that summons the Server NPC to clean the lot.

I've used this before I think, and I could not get it to look right in my community lots (some of them are open areas with just a room for All-In-One bathrooms). I might try it again sometime. I've just grabbed Sim Wardrobe's little robot thingy that can zap away plates, and this little guy will look like a toy on the lot which is great.

Thank you for the help and suggestions, & sorry for hopping in. :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th May 2021 at 4:22 PM
There's also Midge the Tree's "Playables Don’t Clean Plates On Community Lots" mod found here. This one stops Sims from autonomously cleaning up plates everywhere except for on livable lots and businesses owned by the active family.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 1:19 PM

I think Squinge's noautonomousdishes has an issue though: Apartment's Landlord tries (and fails) to clean dishes in communal areas causing infinite loop.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 2:01 PM
My sims always clean the plates and also take out the trash on community lots. Is there a mod to stop taking out the trash?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:37 PM
Got the cleaning mod, so my totally dirty slobs will stop pretending they like to clean. Now if I could only stop them from CARING that the house & yard are a mess (I know they are just pretending there too, but I'm not falling for it!)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 11:41 PM
@grammapat have you seen Crammyboy's Let Slobs be Slobs? Not sure it it'll conflict with Simler90's Cleaning Mod, but it's worth a look.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 12:42 AM
@grammapat have you seen Crammyboy's Let Slobs be Slobs? Not sure it it'll conflict with Simler90's Cleaning Mod, but it's worth a look.

Simler didn't mention it as conflicting; I got it & will see what happens

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..