Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#76 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyameS
I can no longer use Theo's color binning tool since it hasn't been updated and so SimPE no longer supports it. I had color binned some files a long time ago using Theo's tool.

Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
I tried the Theo's Color Binning...nothing. I tried doing this manually with SimPE using my recolored package files in the Projects folder and then moving those files into my downloads...nothing. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. No matter what I do, it will not put these recolors in their proper bins. I'm about to give up and just deal with having to search for the colors in customs because I am so frustrated.

Is there anyone who can help me?!?!?

I'm a little confused as to why people are having any trouble at all, I use the newest SimPE 73.44 QA with Theo's Binning tool made for SimPE 6.0 and I've never had a problem. Is it Theo's newer 6.3 tool that people are having an issue with?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 5:00 AM
Without using the Theo binning tool, how can I know that a custom hairstyle with a hat is actually registered as being a hat hairstyle in the game?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:19 PM
Thanks so much for this! Now I can bin all my new recolours, yay! :D
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 5:28 AM
I am very new at this although I have used SimPE to organize clothes and made a few hiders. I am trying to organize the hair to the right bins and ages because for some reason all ages have everything. I don't want toddlers,teens and adults to have grey hair nor the elders to have all the colors available. The hair bin is a mess. Will I be able to sort it all the same way one would for the clothes (sort of?) I just want what I have to be organized. I have no idea how to make or recolor anything. Thanks, KJ
Test Subject
#80 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:20 PM
Wonderfull tutorial, thanks ^_^
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 2:22 PM
I need some Help here. I've followed this Guide and Windkeeper's Guide of how to do this Manually ( more or less the same guide, but still), and have tried 2 Binning Tools, the SimPE Color Binning Plugin and CatOfEvilGenius Quick Easy Hair/EyeBrow/Eye/Beard binner. SimPE claim it's Been Binned; The Hairtone StringDT shows the Brown Code ( I made a Brown Recolor of the Maxis Cap, and wanted it to be Genetically correct), the XHTN's named BROWN and even the Binning Tools claim it's Brown, but it is Still in the Custom Color Bin. I've also Redone the File ( meaning made a new file from the Maxis Cap, copied the Textures and Rebinned it, then installed it with the Clean Installer), but got the same Result. Do You have any Idea of what I should do ? ( I've made a Thread in which You can see a photo from the Cap and the Bin its in in BodyShop, and A rar File with the hair in, in case if You'd want to take a look at it Yourself).

Thanks in Before hand.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Illirey : 1st Apr 2011 at 6:40 PM.
Default Quick help.
Quote: Originally posted by katiejesse8
I am very new at this although I have used SimPE to organize clothes and made a few hiders. I am trying to organize the hair to the right bins and ages because for some reason all ages have everything. I don't want toddlers,teens and adults to have grey hair nor the elders to have all the colors available. The hair bin is a mess. Will I be able to sort it all the same way one would for the clothes (sort of?) I just want what I have to be organized. I have no idea how to make or recolor anything. Thanks, KJ

Im not Sure it's the same thing. Hair, Eyes and Skins all have Genetics, which probarly matters in this case. You can read more in Guide's like Making Object recolours and such. Recolours of Objects are easier, they'll be like the Base Recolours that Comes with the Mesh itself, so You wont even need to touch them more once You've made them in the SimPE Object Workshop and installed it with the Clean Installer. I've made plenty of Car Recolours and they've been problem free. You make Cloth-recolours in BodyShop, and they'll end up in the same Bin as the Mesh You made it from, Plus, in Bodyshop, the Texture will be auto-extracted into a Folder in the
"Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects", so you'll just need to open it in a Paint Program ( Do Not chance the ones Name Alpha, they are Mesh Related!), edit it and then save it, open "Body Shop" ( you can actually leave it on while editing the Texture, it won't affect Anything!) and click "Import to the Game". You won't even need to Install it. If You don't want some Ages to have that clothing, You can Remove all their Textures Images before Importing the Textures to the game ( remove their Alpha's aswell). Toddlers Textures will start with PM, Children CM, Teen TM, Young Adults YM, Adult AM and Elder EM.

Sorry if I explain Blurry, I can send some links to Good Guides if You'd like (unless You've allready figured things out)
Forum Resident
#83 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:01 PM
I just followed this tutorial& it seems easy but, for some reason it didn't work for me. I have a hair that i've cleaned up the extra colors on& a few ages so, I'm left with af,ef,tf. AS you said the creator in this case had used blond to create all other colors so, I first checked the texture& all the proxy values do match to the numbers you had written so, it looked like there was nothing else to do but,the hair was still not binned, so, I try to change the name from blond to the corresponding texture colors coommited&save. Still same problem in bodyshop- What is it that's wrong with this hair as when I looked at a properly binned hair the proxy values looked the same as you mentioned just like this one. basically all the proxy values did match the corresponding texture colors before I did anything but the hair was not binned. So, what else can be wrong?
Field Researcher
#84 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrril
I'm a little confused about this one part:

"Now, under the Resource Tree, choose Property Set (GZPS) (A). Click on the first one listed in the list of property sets (B). Under Plugin View (C), look for the line "hairtone (dtString)" (D) and change it to the same thing you did for the eyebrows in the Hairtone XML (E). "

What am I changing this too? I didn't see anything about eyebrows previously and so I'm confused where it says you change it to the same thing you did for the eyebrows... Could someone clarify? I've been trying to figure out a way to this forever, so I'm really happy about this tutorial. Thanks!

I am very confused as well.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 4:58 AM
Oh, there's another one that actually works?
Field Researcher
#87 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 8:09 AM
I know this is an old post, but I need some help please!
I have a single hair that I've created for a specific sim. Well, I've managed to get it binned and stuff, and I thought it was all good! Well, the sim got pregnant and when wearing her maternity clothes, she reverts to some maxis/yucky hair!
What exactly do I need to do to get this hair to continue reading properly even if she's pregnant?
Thanks HugeLunatic!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
#89 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:15 AM
Thanks HL, but I'm still not understanding what it is I need to do...? Your link was just a resource of valuable info, but I didn't see a single thing about maternity, let-alone maternity AND hair! ???

Take that back, upon closer inspection ( ), I DO see the pregnant category for clothing (which I AM familiar with!), but is it also the same thing for hair?

And thank you for your quick reply! AND this great tute!!!

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#90 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 1:37 PM
Field Researcher
#91 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM
OK! Thanks! Next time I have the game down, I'll fiddle around with it again!

Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:41 PM
Can you maybe make an eye binning tutorial too? I've made 3 eyes and want to share them on mts

Rainbow
Forum Resident
#93 Old 12th Jan 2023 at 10:09 PM
I'm awfully sorry to bump this incredibly old thread, but I'm past frustration. I've followed this tutorial to the letter: I've changed the GZPS and the Hairtone, and the hair is STILL in the custom bin. There's absolutely no change whatsoever. Can someone please help me figure out what step is missing to get it to work? I should note that these particular hairs only come in one or two colors (for the most part) so if that has something to do with it, how do I sort it out?

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#94 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 8:48 AM
Where did you find the package you edited? In downloads folder?
Mad Poster
#95 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 5:17 PM
Have you changed both the "Hairtone (XML)" and all the "PropertySet (GZPS)" in the file?

Have you tried deleting the cache files? These can sometimes cause issues with edited CAS files.

Have you made sure to change out the files for the edited ones? If you still have any copies of the original recolors, these could still be showing ingame. The game will only read one copy of each file.
Page 4 of 4