Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheap Aspiration Rewards (V4 Feb.3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2015 at 12:17 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated for Feb. 3rd patch

178 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#126 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 1:47 AM
If you're thinking of a mod where it would be on the Pie Menu, so you can click on any sim and it says Add Trait or Change Traits and then you get the traits listed up, I don't know how to do that since I don't find any XML interaction made by EA which might be called Cheat_AddTrait or Debug_AddTrait or something similar.

Something which I can do is to add the aspiration traits like Fresh Chef, Piper, Player etc. into this Rewards Store to purchase them with the points, so it won't be necessary to do the aspirations to get them all. So I will be doing a mod in this fashion.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 6:00 PM
Oh THAT is SOOOO GREAT!
Test Subject
#128 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
Hi Shimrod,

First of all, thank you for all the amazing work you've done with modding the sims 4. Everything has been great so far, but I would like to know if it's possible to mod the trait rewards (fresh chef, carefree ) for every sim to use. I use the debug enabler to give my sims the rewards (buyable or trait base) in the game. I don't think that mod is fully compatible with the game though, so I'm hoping you can mod something like that.

Thanks!

It's been a few days since you asked, so I don't know if you're still looking, but in case you are, I think this mod might work for what you want. It gives you the ability to add any trait to your sim that you want, but only on a sim you've already made. With testingcheats on, you shift click your sim and go through the pie menu to add traits. It says there are 2 required mods to make this work, but I only needed the first one listed. The mod also allows your sim to have more traits than the standard number the game originally allowed, if you want.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537389
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If you're thinking of a mod where it would be on the Pie Menu, so you can click on any sim and it says Add Trait or Change Traits and then you get the traits listed up, I don't know how to do that since I don't find any XML interaction made by EA which might be called Cheat_AddTrait or Debug_AddTrait or something similar.

Something which I can do is to add the aspiration traits like Fresh Chef, Piper, Player etc. into this Rewards Store to purchase them with the points, so it won't be necessary to do the aspirations to get them all. So I will be doing a mod in this fashion.

Thanks Shimrod, that'll be great!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitty.lorentz
It's been a few days since you asked, so I don't know if you're still looking, but in case you are, I think this mod might work for what you want. It gives you the ability to add any trait to your sim that you want, but only on a sim you've already made. With testingcheats on, you shift click your sim and go through the pie menu to add traits. It says there are 2 required mods to make this work, but I only needed the first one listed. The mod also allows your sim to have more traits than the standard number the game originally allowed, if you want.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537389

Thanks kitty.lorentz, but I'll use shimrod's mod.
Test Subject
#131 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 5:43 PM
i Accidentally downloaded the wrong version went to use the reward and the potion isn't in her inventory re downloaded the new one and still not there
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:20 AM
Wow.. i need this :D
Test Subject
#133 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:55 PM
Default manager disapeared!
used the manager for several weeks and then today i opened it and it opens with the icon in the tray says its open but I cant see it on the desk top what is wrong any ideas how to fix it?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#134 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hottody069
used the manager for several weeks and then today i opened it and it opens with the icon in the tray says its open but I cant see it on the desk top what is wrong any ideas how to fix it?

Something like this should repair itself if you restart the game or delete some of those cache files. Maybe the localthumbcache.package file in The Sims 4 folder could cause this if it gets too large.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#135 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM
All of my mods are fine with the March 10th patch, including these ones.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#136 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:33 PM
These mods are fine with the March 26th patch.

Test Subject
#137 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 7:47 PM
These mods are fine with the March 26th patch.

Thank you for letting us know! Greatly appreciated
Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 5:45 PM
Will you be adding the GTW perk points or is that something separate?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#139 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 11:08 AM
The GTW perks and points are something completely different which have nothing to do with the file I've modded here.

Lab Assistant
#140 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:15 PM
The GTW perks and points are something completely different which have nothing to do with the file I've modded here.

Do you have plans to make that mod?

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#141 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:19 PM
I don't have GTW at this moment, so I don't have such plans right now.

Lab Assistant
#142 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kletus4pres
Do you have plans to make that mod?

Was gonna ask the same thing, I hope atleast someone makes one because it is needed badly
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:25 PM
The expansion surprised me. I think GTW costs too much, but it's actually much better than I expected. Every time I stop playing to go do something else, I find myself back on my computer playing again. It's a lot of fun. But the traits for business owners are way overpriced. My sim's business isn't doing very well because I can't afford the traits I need.

----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Top Secret Researcher
#144 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kletus4pres
The expansion surprised me. I think GTW costs too much, but it's actually much better than I expected. Every time I stop playing to go do something else, I find myself back on my computer playing again. It's a lot of fun. But the traits for business owners are way overpriced. My sim's business isn't doing very well because I can't afford the traits I need.

Agreed. I tried modding it myself but because of the xml issues with the file the SimsGuru shared, it didn't work right. :-(
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:30 PM
I wish I could help, but I've never been able to understand modding. All I know is that the stuff pack and expansion pack each renamed files they use. From what I read from a modder on another site, a base game file with "00000" in its name would be renamed "00002" for GTW (for example). That's the extent of my extremely limited mod knowledge.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#146 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:35 PM
great thanks!!
Test Subject
#147 Old 29th May 2015 at 7:56 PM
I downloaded this and it does not work for me what can I do
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:57 AM
Hi Shimrod!
Mod amável, parabéns (portuguese words)!

When I'm using this mod, I can't see the the Storyteller and Master Cook rewards in the game...
Test Subject
#149 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 2:40 PM
It is the 06-14th 2015 and I can assure that the mod isn't working.
All perks are priced with their original price/point tag.

Might giving it an update?
Or at least how we can update it by ourselves?
Test Subject
#150 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:32 AM
please update sir
Page 6 of 8