Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#26 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
Don't know if this is a routing issue, but one of my alien girls on Lunar lakes decided that fountains are swimmable too... and apparently she was right?!
Aliens powers!

Wait a sec, aliens don't have legs???
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 12:09 PM
.The Sunset Valley festival grounds shows many routing errors in my game. I watched one in progress as Malcolm Landgraab tried to do his homework
on the non-existent table in the corner replaced with a soccer field. He raised his hands screaming about a route error and froze which caused a huge lag in the game.
I've seen a few sims change into their work/school outfits and run up to the ice skating/roller skating area and raise their hands screaming about routing errors.
My own sim could not leave the park and kept complaining about routing errors. I had to make him walk to the sidewalk and then send him home. I changed central park
back into a park and used the 50x50 festival grounds in another location which seems to work out better.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 12:03 AM
Wow, 'just had a Sim swim her way to the Festival. Using the street. smh

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:59 AM
Found a major routing problem today.

In some of the small houses I got on this site where part of pond water goes under the foundation I found that the npc sims are tiptoeing around the house thinking they are walking on the ice.
Nearly every step they take is a route fail. Some of the sims can't go indoors, some think they are on ice and freak out when they can't skate further than one step.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:12 PM
i found a bizarre fail in lucky palms. dis bish was phelpsin' around the pool then dis bish clip through the side'a da pool and start going like ian thorpe through the snow. i'm like dafuq?!?!
anyway, said bish drowns like what!!!! because they wuz no way to get out of snow she was clippin/swimming in. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?
One Minute Ninja'd
#31 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fullsheet
Found a major routing problem today.

In some of the small houses I got on this site where part of pond water goes under the foundation I found that the npc sims are tiptoeing around the house thinking they are walking on the ice.
Nearly every step they take is a route fail. Some of the sims can't go indoors, some think they are on ice and freak out when they can't skate further than one step.

EA floors don't always work that well. Pre-seasons, I found that if I asked a sim to put a baby down on a floor that was over any water, they wouldn't do it. Another time, they put the baby down to take a baby photo, pointed the camera at the baby on the floor, and all the camera would recognize it as was an expensive car, which was in the garage right below the nursery.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
EA floors don't always work that well. Pre-seasons, I found that if I asked a sim to put a baby down on a floor that was over any water, they wouldn't do it. Another time, they put the baby down to take a baby photo, pointed the camera at the baby on the floor, and all the camera would recognize it as was an expensive car, which was in the garage right below the nursery.

These houses never caused this problem before. When I tried to edit the house it said, "Cannot edit house with sim on the ice". It is pretty funny though watching them skate around the room with a plate.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:51 AM
Strange routing indeed. In my Bridgeport save every inactive Sim now swims the distance between the downtown and the Beverly Hills area. I noticed this when I had gone into Map View and saw those dark specks in the water and wondered what was wrong. On zooming in I saw that they were swimming Sims, all of them had the "Sim is going home" when I moused over them and there were some 15 of them . Especially cute with members of the Drama on TV household as they swim the whole way around Bridgeport town center in order to get home. I guess by the time they arrive they will be quite the athletes.
dodgy builder
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:12 AM
Perhaps I can count myself lucky since I haven't finished my world yet. All the problems I don't need to fix ... yet
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:00 AM
I saw a new one today. Sim was trying to put a toddler into a crib and with arms outstretched the toddler icon appeared over the ocean. I cancelled the interaction since he seemed to be caught in a loop. I looked to the side and the toddler came flying across the sky into his arms. Very funny. The next time it worked fine.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 7:57 PM
Default This solved a lot of lag and crashing of my game.

The green arrows show where the business lot shrub fence was. The Vatos woman was stuck behind the sign and several sims were spawning inside the fence trapped (where the red dot is) and could not get to their register jobs.

The expected routing to their job in the WA style restaurant in red and what fixed the issue entirely was just changing the fence so they could cut across the property to their job in yellow. (The Npc's also spawned outside the fence). The bright red dot is where they work.

I was alerted to this location by NRAAS. I added route failing sims to my household with master controller while paused and looked where they were. Fixed the issue and kicked them out.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 10:04 PM
@fullsheet

That's why EA said in his CAW tutorial :

Lot Location and Routing
"Fences, especially thick ones, that sit at the edge of the lot are likely to be clipped through by Sims. ♦♦Consider putting fences at least one tile inside the perimeter of the lot."
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
@fullsheet

That's why EA said in his CAW tutorial :

Lot Location and Routing
"Fences, especially thick ones, that sit at the edge of the lot are likely to be clipped through by Sims. ♦♦Consider putting fences at least one tile inside the perimeter of the lot."

It is an EA lot. Doo Pea Corporate Towers copied right out of Sunset Valley.
Maybe they should take their own advice.
I have never used CAW.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 2:48 AM
Some of the cheap EA swamp type homes with water under the foundation (Twinbrook) have the same issue as post #32 during the winter.
When the pond freezes over they think they are on ice inside the house and can't route at all. Causes severe lag in the game.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 12:50 AM
Island Paradise routing :

2 sims want to play together in the sea in Sunlit Tides.

Sim A go in the water and wait.

Sim B was already on the beach, Sim B begin to go to Sim A but something happened in the brain of the Sim B

Sim B decide to take a boat and turn around Sim A.

Sim B return on the beach on the other side of Sim A with the same distance as earlier (about 3-4 tiles)

Finally Sim B give up.

I move Sim A somewhere else, Sim B was not able to find a path.

It seems both Sims must be very near on the beach before to decide to play together in the sea.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:06 PM Last edited by chreai : 13th Jul 2013 at 9:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
I still play in Los Aniegos, my sims is ill, he go to the hospital and I found a group of townies on the road.

Did they fail to go somewhere ?

*runs over crowd with truck*

Oh, crap, was that not a zombie horde?! Guess I've been playing State of Decay too much....

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I honestly have all of you beat:

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos...bipigkxlxb.mp4/

Run! Run for your dreams, little guy!

"Feel it...
Breathe it...
Believe it...
And you'll be walking on air"
~Kerli, Walking On Air

Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
I keep having horses do the shimmy and then teleport inside my house

Oh yeah? My horses (and deer) think that shimmying and teleporting is too much of a hassle so instead they just simply walk through the house to get where they're going. And I don't mean that they go through the front door and out the back door. Nope. Apparently horses don't believe in doors or walls.

Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Another time, they put the baby down to take a baby photo, pointed the camera at the baby on the floor, and all the camera would recognize it as was an expensive car, which was in the garage right below the nursery.

Well, I've always said that babies are like expensive cars: They're fun to show off but sure do cost a pretty penny to maintain!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 2 of 2