Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:20 AM
Default Question regarding Patches - not related to problems
I have installed Sims 3 on my new computer and at present the game is being automatically updated - a file that is 1.3 GB - which I assume is a number of patches.

I have expansions up to Seasons - not Night Life or University

When I checked the Sims 3 for the latest patch it showed as 1.47 . Yet when looking through the Mods I noted that some state that they are for 1.5 or 1.55.

My question is as follows. As my last EP is Seasons, will this large download patch the game to 1.55, or are the patches 1.5/1.55 only for University.

Thankyou
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 5:54 AM
1.55 refers to version 55 of the base game. Open up your launcher and hover your mouse over the icons at the bottom. You can see that each one has a different number at the start, but the base game icon(to the far left) is the version that actually matters. You'll also see that version listed under the five buttons on the left side of the launcher. Your large download should patch your game to 1.55, but you may require additional downloads if, for some reason, you only downloaded a partial patch.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:15 PM
Thanks for the reply tigger89. Because my internet is so slow here it took two tries and two hrs. later the patches were finally installed. It did patch the game to 1.55.
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 12:12 AM
Thanks for the question and information. I was going to ask a similar question. I'm a latecomer to Sims 3 and have just purchased 7 of the 9 EPs. I had wondered whether to download separate patches or just get the SuperPatch ... but this sounds as if the installation will take care of it automatically for me. Look forward to getting installed and start playing.