Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:31 AM
Default Change temperature where Sims change into outerwear
Is there some cheat/mod that allows me to change the temperature where Sims change into outerwear? I would love to have it at 5 degrees celsius rather than 0, because I often have ~2 degrees and really intense snow, and everyone is running around in possibly shorts, t-shirts etc and it doesn't seem very realistic.

I already searched a bit in the nraas Retuner options, but I couldn't find the one responsible. There seem to be a few responsible for hot/cold stuff, but either changing them didn't have the desired effect, or they didn't appear to be related.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:17 AM
There's this mod by Bluegenjutsu over at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum (you have to be a member): http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...pdate-10-18-13/
You could tune it to 5 degrees Celsius (edit the XML) rather than what the current flavour's are offered.

Alternatively you could use Buckley's version which also gets rid of the annoying gloves Sims always seem to roll: http://buckleysims.tumblr.com/post/...te-an-outerwear

Flavours offered are: Change into Outerwear at: 7°C, 10°C and 14°C

Ugly URL links because I'm lazy
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:36 AM
By game default, what degree do they start wearing outerwear?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 8:38 AM
EA Settings:
<kTemperatureToSwitchToOuterwear value="32">
<!--Range: 0+ Description: The world weather temperature below which sims will switch to outerwear-->
</kTemperatureToSwitchToOuterwear>
<kTemperatureToSwitchOutOfOuterwear value="50">
<!--Range: 0+ Description: The world weather temperature above which sims will out of outerwear if they are wearing outerwear.-->
</kTemperatureToSwitchOutOfOuterwear>

Copy Pasta'd from Bluegenjutsu's download - I'm guessing it's in Fahrenheit.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yeah, those are Farenheit temps -- 32F is 0C (so to change to 5C you'd change it to 41), 50F is 10C.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 1:05 AM
Thanks! Fahrenheit always confuses me for some reason.
I'm from Australia and I remember reading an American book once saying it was like, 100 degrees.
Needless to say I was confused for a very long time after that. xD!