Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:26 PM
Default Aliens
Has anyone had any luck sighting the aliens yet? I've been playing the game for several sim-days now, and still I've seen no signs of extraterrestrial life. Also, does anyone have the slightest idea of how to actually go about making aliens? They don't appear under the Nraas Debug > Occult menu, and it'll take a while for Treeag to update their Simtransformer. I must admit, I am disappointed that such a big feature is so hard to tap in to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:38 PM
Most likely it is a lot like sims 2 aliens, you had to stand at the telescope night after night, between midnight and 5 am, and there was like a 10% chance that in 5 nights of doing that you would get abducted by aliens. I am still installing seasons, so I haven't gotten into the game yet to check it out, but in sims 2 there were some sims that i had that got abducted two or three times in one week, and some that never did even though i had them at the telescope every night.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:40 PM
Lewisb got her female sim abducted & droned, there's pics in the first impressions & pics thread. That's how you 'meet' them I guess.
You remember Sims 2 Bon Voyage? I never managed to get a yeti, not even see one! Same thing for Vampires, I even trained my sims in yoga so that they could squat comm lots for days to meet the damn vamps. Zilch, nada. I'm glad it changed with Sims 3!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 10:44 PM
My female sim got abducted in about 2 sim days, when I played last night she got abducted 2 more times. They have not abducted my male yet, he is the one using the telescope more than the female. It was funny, the first time she was abducted it was no big deal, by the last time she came back crying and rolling wishes to have another baby with her husband. SMH

Observations by me and those at the forums that the telescope does bring the aliens around, some think shooting fireworks do it too. I have tried both with the male, the scoundrels keep taking my female.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hmm, I'll try again with a female - hopefully that's the issue at hand here. Still, that just draws the aliens in, I still have no idea on how to go about creating my own - I have a bunch of faux-alien sims that I was hoping to convert into real working aliens with Seasons, but testingcheats are getting me nowhere =/ Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:02 PM
They also come creeping around your house at night, and you can make friends with them that way, and, I think, eventually get em to move in. It's a little like befriending a stray. My sim had an alien in her front yard and she went out and chatted for a bit before he had to go

Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Hmm, I'll try again with a female - hopefully that's the issue at hand here. Still, that just draws the aliens in, I still have no idea on how to go about creating my own - I have a bunch of faux-alien sims that I was hoping to convert into real working aliens with Seasons, but testingcheats are getting me nowhere =/ Thanks for your help!

Keep an eye on Twallan's mods, he might take care of that.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 11:14 PM
I had an alien come to my sim's lot the other night. Fortunately or unfortunately she was, um, otherwise occupied. I hear this odd music and other strange sounds and I'm thinking "Is that the Weather Stone?". . .No, it's an alien! He scans her car, then goes around to the back yard and scans the hot tub and lounger on the deck. He scans the jack-o-lantern in the front yard and then he goes on his way. I didn't think to take any pictures, sorry guys

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:47 AM
Awesome, I love fun little odd things happening to my sims without my direct initiation, that I can just watch if i want. I guess not so much the SN zombies though... heh
Forum Resident
#9 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:48 AM
My Sim's teenager got abducted 4 times they must like her when ever she uses the telescope she gets taken.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 12:53 AM
Perhaps sims with certain traits are/aren't attractive to aliens?
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
My Sim's teenager got abducted 4 times they must like her when ever she uses the telescope she gets taken.

Can't wait to see EA send some teen back from an abduction carrying an "implanted" baby alien. I can just hear the congressional testimony about morals in video games already...........
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeJoy00
Perhaps sims with certain traits are/aren't attractive to aliens?

I was about to suggest this very same thing. Maybe there's a trait that increases the chance of getting abducted.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Theorist
#13 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 2:16 AM
I had an alien visit at night. He seemed to be studying the flora and fauna. I did have the option for a 'friendly introduction' when I clicked on him but my sim was about to pass out so I sent her to bed instead.

The take-off was amazing!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Also, does anyone have the slightest idea of how to actually go about making aliens? They don't appear under the Nraas Debug > Occult menu, and it'll take a while for Treeag to update their Simtransformer. I must admit, I am disappointed that such a big feature is so hard to tap in to.

Use the Debug Enabler, click on any lot, and the Object or Options or whatever, and then use "Create". Under there you find Alien, and presto! an alien of your age and gender choice is created.

I must admit though that I have only done this with the 1.42 without Seasons, and an alien-looking human sim was created, not a true alien. But I presume with Seasons installed that it creates real aliens.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
I was about to suggest this very same thing. Maybe there's a trait that increases the chance of getting abducted.

Maybe you need a I Want to Believe t shirt.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:14 AM
Has anybody tried editing an alien's appearance in CAS via Master Controller yet? Currently curious as to whether that works properly already or whether the mod needs an update before we can do that.
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 3:25 AM
I just had an alien abduction. My sim was NOT at the telescope and was just minding his own business being a werewolf and getting stung by bees. I clicked on the alien after they were both on the ground. I got lots of odd interactions that were grayed out. There were things like "exterminate" "terminate" "fire blast" and other stuff that I am pretty sure a werewolf couldn't do. I can't remember exactly what the options were - but they were really odd and death ray sounding.

Here is the thing - my sims got abducted ONCE in TS1 and except for the Curious family that had a guaranteed abduction at the beginning - my sims NEVER had an abduction in TS2. And I tried really hard to get one back then -- I had sims constantly out there with telescopes for generations in my Apocalypse challenges. So here it is - Seasons installed less than 12 hours and I wasn't even trying for an abduction - BAM! I think they are going to be much much more common than in TS1 or TS2.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:09 AM
Yes! I was so excited to look over and find one walking around my Sim's backyard. Even more so when I saw the space ship! Sadly, no abductions to report thus far.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:25 AM
Aliens are like strays... it's hard to get to know them, since they don't stay very long, and the next time one appears it's likely to be somebody else, and you can't call em. Gonna be a challenge getting one to move in! Hmm... maybe stalk the alchemy shop for a friendship potion...
Instructor
#20 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Aliens are like strays... it's hard to get to know them, since they don't stay very long, and the next time one appears it's likely to be somebody else, and you can't call em. Gonna be a challenge getting one to move in! Hmm... maybe stalk the alchemy shop for a friendship potion...

You can usually find Potent Friendship Elixirs after a few sim days. It seems the Townie witches are a lot more accomplished at advancing their Alchemy skills than my own-made sims.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Eminence Grise
#21 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 14th Nov 2012 at 7:26 AM.
LOL, yup

Luckily it wasn't necessary... my second alien visitor called and asked me on a date. We hit it off and got to Romantic Interest before he flew off in his spaceship. I still couldn't call him... but I discovered that I CAN invite him to a party... not sure how that works Or how he learned to make egg rolls! (Was a feast party, of course.)

Time to chat him up and see where this goes Edit: got him to move in! Yay!
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:18 AM
Found an Alien!
Just happen to have randomly looked outside during a storm and saw this guy...

I found it rather funny. Sent my sim out to meet him but he jumped into his spaceship and flew away
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:25 AM
EA has made it clear you can't create aliens, they are, indeed, visitors from "far far away".

You can (I think) spawn them, however, as pointed out earlier.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
EA has made it clear you can't create aliens

Either that or they are saving it for patch content that we may have to pay for. It is silly not to be able to create them in CAS it makes the CAS changes in superntaural slightly pointless.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Eminence Grise
#25 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 14th Nov 2012 at 9:00 AM.
The happy couple... my sim Lola Saville, her alien lover, and their first snowman He autonomously chose the alien version, but after helping him build it, she learned that version too.

Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
Either that or they are saving it for patch content that we may have to pay for. It is silly not to be able to create them in CAS it makes the CAS changes in superntaural slightly pointless.

What? We've never had to pay for a patch. That is in fact kinda the definition of a patch

I'm pretty sure this was a design decision... a silly one IMO. But we will get it through mods.
Page 1 of 7