Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:17 PM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:26 PM
2014?

Welp, good bye Sims 3.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#3 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:28 PM
I'm just waiting to see the system specs.

Goodbye computer...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:32 PM
And it will be offline
Quote: ''The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.'
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
2014?

Welp, good bye Sims 3.

Not if it's online required

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
And it will be offline
Quote: ''The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.'

Didn't the Sim City players think their game would be offline?
Instructor
#6 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Didn't the Sim City players think their game would be offline?

No, that was just a common desire amongst fans.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
No, that was just a common desire amongst fans.

That's not what I've read in the Amazon reviews
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:43 PM
Oh for gods sake was this thread necessary! Sorry but another one, seriously!?!

19 - Female - Australia
Theorist
#9 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:45 PM
I think anyone who was following the SimCity forums knew that it was online, but there have been a number of people I heard about that did not. One or two pointed out that the box only says that Internet connection is required - something most all games need to register, but far from specifying that it was constantly required to play. They were very surprised by it.

Where does it say it's a single player offline experience?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyhawke976
I'm just waiting to see the system specs.

Lol this reminds me of the how many internet users does it take to change a lightbulb joke "And one to start worrying about minimum requirements" :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:47 PM
Can this be the last Sims 4 thread please? -___-
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:51 PM
That's not what I've read in the Amazon reviews

I'm pretty sure that if they clearly state that it will be offline, single player in the official announcement, then it will be.

19 - Female - Australia
Alchemist
#13 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
I'm pretty sure that if they clearly state that it will be offline, single player in the official announcement, then it will be.

You have more faith in EA than I do
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:05 PM
Well, at least we'll have an actual section for it now that it's been announced.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#15 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Can this be the last Sims 4 thread please? -___-

That's what I said in Matrix's thread.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:20 PM
You have more faith in EA than I do

Would they really lie about it though? Come out in a few weeks and say, "By the way guys, we didn't mean what we said. It actually IS online and multiplayer!"
Somehow I can't see that happening, lol. What would it achieve? Mega hate is about it.

19 - Female - Australia
Alchemist
#17 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Would they really lie about it though? Come out in a few weeks and say, "By the way guys, we didn't mean what we said. It actually IS online and multiplayer!"
Somehow I can't see that happening, lol. What would it achieve? Mega hate is about it.

It's EA. I've been gaming since Pong was released in 1972. The one thing I've learned over all those years is that nothing is definite about a game until it's released
Alchemist
#18 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:43 PM
ZOMFG~! Offline gameplay?! Wow EA Good job, seriously.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#19 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:46 PM
When SimCity was first announced March 5, 2012 they clearly stated an "online, multi-player" game... people who thought otherwise were sadly mistaken.

CHECK out The Real Simwives of Starlight Shores!: http://www.youtube.com/realsimwivesHD
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:50 PM
They haven't even put real restaurants or shops in 3 yet. I've been waiting, waiting, frigging dying for them. What kind of city has more bars than restaurants and shops. You can't even make a city without restaurants and shops. Dang it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th May 2013 at 5:58 PM
i hope rabbit holes will be gone and more stuffs to do...excited
Forum Resident
#22 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:01 PM
I call it now, and i owe you all internets if im wrong:

it will 100% require online to play.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:03 PM
Oh wow. Can't wait to see my husband's face when I tell him I'm going to have to have another computer next year =D I just got a pretty sweet upgrade for Island Paradise as it is.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:03 PM
I don't think we should phase out rabbitholes. I'm not the least bit interested in managing my sims while they're at work. Just make less of them. Give us actual Restaurants, movie theaters, and shops but keep the workplace and schools as rabbitholes. Speaking of work, how about some chance cards? I miss those

And let's bring back an interface more similar to TS2. Wants, Fears, Memories, ect.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:04 PM
I want rabbit holes gone as well. I hate not being able to interact with sims in venues. I loved the way it was in The Sims 1 and 2. \
Page 1 of 4