Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 12:52 PM
Default NO more Aliens in my lots, please...
Hello simmers... I am new in your community and I decided to ask for your help because I can't play my game with those creatures that I find ugly, creepy and obnoxious... I hate them when they come outside my sims' lots and demand with that echoing, scary voice to get in the yard or the house (I have high fences and electronic gates at all my homes and they can't stand it!). Most of all I hate it when they try to abduct my sims! It has happened to me a couple of times and back then I did not know anything about them or the abductions (I have to clarify that Sims 3 is my first sims' game, before that I did not know the existence of that wonderful game so I try to learn what happpens just by playing it). Fortunately, only one of my sims has been abducted (several times though) and it was a female so no alien babies!!! Back then I was playing only with that single girl so I had no idea about the babies... Now I'm playing with multiple families and I hate the idea that the father can be abducted and come back pregnant. I just do NOT want that in my games!!!
So, I have searched for solutions but I can't find any "cure"! The only thing I have come up with is the cheat to delete the alien who is outside my sims' house (and I feel so darn happy when I do it!!!). And the only way to stop the abductions is to lock all the doors at nights so the sims can not go out and get abducted. But I hate that too!!! I kinda miss the time when I was playing only the base game (without the expansions) and my sims could go out at nights or be in their back yard or use the telescope (now there are no telescopes in their homes!)...
I have seen a mod that exists to prevent aliens to come to your lot or abduct your sim from the house. I might be using that but I do not know if it prevents the creepy creatures from abducting my sims when they are out in the town. And another thing that bothers me is that I can not play Bridgeport any more... I used to love this town because of the night life (clubs, bars) but now that I lock my sims in their home at nights there is no reason to play there (yes! my sim girl was abducted when she was at Eugis and there was nothing I could do about it!)
So, please, if someone has a solution for my problem I will be grateful!!! I know that a lot of simmers (or must I say all simmers???) like the aliens and want them in their games but I don't. It's the way everyone chooses to play the game. The thing is that if I do not find a way to keep aliens away I will have to unistall the whole Seasons EP like I did with the Supernatural EP because I did not like those creatures either (pretty ironic though considering that my favourite TV shows are "True Blood" and "The Vampire Diaries", lol!!!). All I needed was an On/Off button for aliens like there is one for celebrities (I don't play celebrities either!!!) but no luck there!
Anyway, thanks for reading this post (I guess it's a little big!) and... happy simming to all!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 1:58 PM
I had this problem that cropped up out of nowhere. I put in this mod :http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...update-2-23-13/ And it helped a lot. I didn't want to get rid of the abductions, but I wanted to make them about as rare as they were in TS2. So I got the mod that makes them only .1% possible. Now if it ever happens, it will be a rare surprise instead of "oh no. not AGAIN!"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 10:19 AM
Thank you so much for responding kewpie but 1% possibility of abductions is not what I am looking for. You might have understood by my message that when it comes to my sims I am pretty much of a "control-freak" and I absolutely "play God" in my games. So I do not want anything to happen to them that I have not provoked to happen and that's another reason why I hate creppy aliens and I think that they destroy my game.
But thanks anyway for trying to help kewpie!!!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 10:56 AM
The mod that kewpie linked to comes in a "no alien abductions and no alien households" version, which sounds like it should get rid of 'em entirely, afaik.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.