Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 6:08 AM
Default Does Winter slow anyone else's game?
My game will be running fine, until it's a few days into Winter. Then it is SLOW, and freezes (sort of) every 5 sim minutes. It's even worse with deep snow. Has this happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 1:42 PM
I actually had to turn snow off in some of my worlds because it ends up lagging my game so terribly. I know it's a graphics card thing, though.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 9:13 PM
The snow itself isn't so bad for me amazingly, but changing into outerwear? Oh dear God. Especially when inviting other Sims over to my active household. If a Sim has to change into outerwear off the active lot, like say after work, if I'm not zooming right in to watch them change (Goddamn it stop making me a pervert Sims) they just stand there like a lemon for literal Sim hours. Same for inactives. It's like they're too scared to get changed without their mummy god type person to make sure they don't throttle themselves with their winter pants or something.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:43 PM
I don't get any lag, but I can't talk because my computer's a brand-new handbuilt desktop (then again, on the old workhorse, it didn't lag terribly either). I learnt this trick a while back, but if you pause for three seconds while your sim is stalling to change (they can stand there for a few hours otherwise), and then unpause, your sim will change *snaps* like that.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:54 PM
My game also lags during winter. And I don't even want to talk about gift giving parties. oh dear god.

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I learnt this trick a while back, but if you pause for three seconds while your sim is stalling to change (they can stand there for a few hours otherwise), and then unpause, your sim will change *snaps* like that.

Only three seconds?! It takes about a minute of pausing for me.