Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 10:26 AM
Default So I got that horrible plants stuck in harvest stage bug....
Does it go away if I delete my garden and start over with new plants? Luckily I have a few seeds leftover from using Box of Seeds, so I can start over, but is that going to fix the bug or is this new batch will be affected also?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 10:35 AM
Plants in harvest state while being dormant will not bear fruit, but if you place them in a planter and put the planter indoors, the next day (or next time you load the game), the plant will be normal again.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Plants in harvest state while being dormant will not bear fruit, but if you place them in a planter and put the planter indoors, the next day (or next time you load the game), the plant will be normal again.

Thanks and good to know, but I guess I wasn't being clear? My plants aren't in dormant stage - they've thawed and it's spring (over 60 degrees) and they say "harvest" but has no fruits, and there's no "harvest" option. It's a known bug but I thought EA fixed it - well, that taught me to think EA fixes things. Anyway, I'm wondering if I delete these bugged plants I could start over with a new batch, or did this mess up my entire neighborhood so even my new batch will result in no fruit and stuck in harvest stage.
Alchemist
#4 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shortegio
Thanks and good to know, but I guess I wasn't being clear? My plants aren't in dormant stage - they've thawed and it's spring (over 60 degrees) and they say "harvest" but has no fruits, and there's no "harvest" option. It's a known bug but I thought EA fixed it - well, that taught me to think EA fixes things. Anyway, I'm wondering if I delete these bugged plants I could start over with a new batch, or did this mess up my entire neighborhood so even my new batch will result in no fruit and stuck in harvest stage.

Oh sorry, I thought it was dormant. But was it dormant before Spring? Have you tried reloading your game? It usually works for me. My plant will bear fruit the other day again.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Oh sorry, I thought it was dormant. But was it dormant before Spring? Have you tried reloading your game? It usually works for me. My plant will bear fruit the other day again.

No it went to dormant in winter, and came out of dormancy in spring, but didn't do it properly. I think it's because it went to dormancy on the day it's supposed to be harvested, but when it came out the harvest stage messed up. I just want to know if the whole neighborhood messed up or it's just those plants, and I can plant more stuff and be ok from then on. If my whole neighborhood's messed up, is there a mod for it?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:38 PM
NRaas Tempest. I got this problem, too. You'll need to tune it a little; go to the Plant menu and set the chances of snow/hail killing harvestables to 100. The plants will immediately come out of their harvest state instead of getting stuck in it. Of course, you'll also lose the produce, but you won't get the bug anymore.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:11 AM
You can also use Twallan's DebugEnabler to change the state.