Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Class Clown Aspiration v4

by scumbumbo Posted 4th Mar 2015 at 6:07 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 5:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for April 16, 2019 game patch

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 2:34 AM
Could you create some more aspirations or possible release a guide on how you made this one? I would really like more in detail aspirations like this one.
Deceased
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilcasscassYT
Could you create some more aspirations or possible release a guide on how you made this one? I would really like more in detail aspirations like this one.

I've been considering doing a second one if I can come up with a good idea (NO, I am NOT asking for a flood of suggestions/requests, I get enough of that as is, lol). As far as I know this is the only custom aspiration so far, which is suprising as it wasn't all that difficult, just time consuming and a lot of testing. Should be easier the second time around.

I may consider doing a guide as well.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I've been considering doing a second one if I can come up with a good idea (NO, I am NOT asking for a flood of suggestions/requests, I get enough of that as is, lol). As far as I know this is the only custom aspiration so far, which is suprising as it wasn't all that difficult, just time consuming and a lot of testing. Should be easier the second time around.

Thanks for the reply! I think all of the work you do for the Sim community is great. Thank you for all that you do!

"Better Late Than Never"
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo

Please do a guide!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 11:38 AM
Thank-you for this! Please could you do a guide!! I've been trying to figure out how to do it myself but I'm just getting lost trying to follow the pathways D:
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:47 PM
Thanks for this mod, it's great because i think the game need more aspirations. Are you still considering making a guide ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 7:57 PM
Ii would really like it if you updated this aspiration, I really want it in my game, but my game is updated. Please fix! :]
Deceased
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fifk
Thanks for this mod, it's great because i think the game need more aspirations. Are you still considering making a guide ?

Yes, I do intend to make a guide eventually. I've been super busy with work and RL lately, so I've got a couple of things to clear up on other mods before I could even address that. But it is my intent
Deceased
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krystal_Delgado
Ii would really like it if you updated this aspiration, I really want it in my game, but my game is updated. Please fix! :]

AFAIK this mod should work with the latest patch. I haven't checked the code as there's nothing to really check it against (it's all original), so if there are problems I'd have to go and check everything "by hand" against the game's built-in aspirations.

If there are any issues with it, let me know what and that would help me zero in on what files need to be checked. Truthfully, I'll probably not get around to check this mod in the future unless I know there is some aspect of it that no longer works - so if you (or anyone) knows of such a thing let me know and I will get it fixed/upated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 7:28 PM
I love this! There really aren't enough aspirations for children and this one is just great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 1:01 PM
Awesome; thanks for making this aspiration; )
Test Subject
#37 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 6:05 PM
Not working since last patch.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 1:58 AM
Yeah, not working since the December 4th patch, I'm afraid; causes my game to crash when selecting an aspiration in CAS (for adults, presumably for kid sims too but I didn't check and have removed it from my mods folder since)
I'd love to see it fixed, a lot of my kids have it as an aspiration and I really love it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 4:34 AM
game not working since last patch, went through every single one of my mods and this was the one to make it stop working. ): I deleted it and it works now!
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 2:25 AM
its crashing my the sims in the new version of the game.
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:44 PM
I have localized issues with my Sims 4 game to THIS Class Clown Aspiration Mod.

I performed a full game/folder Repair, then took out my mods, folder by folder, then once I discovered the "Scumbumbo" folder was causing problems, removed file by file.

This mod caused infinite loading screens, and for Aspirations to be absent in CAS mode.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 3:24 PM
This sounds fun. Thanks for this :)
Instructor
#43 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:17 AM
Yes, this one definitely needs to be updated. I had to take mine out one by one until I came to it too.

WARNING! DO NOT USE UNTIL UPDATED!
Deceased
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 2:08 AM
The mod has been updated to version 2 for compatibility with the most recent game patches.

Apolgoies for how long it took to determine the problem with this one. EA didn't change the XML for the aspirations, so I was having a hard time finding out what had changed in the XML. Difficult to spot something that doesn't exist! Then I spent quite a bit of time trying to find what needed to be added to make a custom aspiration work. Finally, I realized nothing was added either! At last, I realized the problem had to be with the "SimData" files that provide information for the user interface and once I found the issue the fix was pretty easy.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much for updating this!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 4:04 PM
Does the mod work with the latest update from February? Because my Sims aren't getting the reward trait, even though they complete the aspiration in full.
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Does the mod work with the latest update from February? Because my Sims aren't getting the reward trait, even though they complete the aspiration in full.

Its the same for me :-( My kid did not get any reward trait when it completed die aspiration in full.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 1:54 PM
Hi there ! Can this be updated to the latest patch ? I like that there is more aspirations available for kids
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM
I did not know this was missing: Now I do know, definitely! Thank you!
Page 2 of 3