Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#101 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 6:11 PM
I just really, really hope that the Middle-Age group will be added--if not, I will DIE. Preteen is also needed, but it isn't crucial. I just don't like my 25-year-old adults morphing into oldy-moldy elders in a matter of days. There needs to be a stage in between.
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I agree. I was thinking maybe Sims can actually turn a number age, like 21, 25, 30, etc. And each number age could last for various Sim days so that we can still have a birthday for each age... though, that may seem a bit long for some people. I was thinking like 12 days (one day could be one month in time) though I know it is not like that in other countries. I don't know, I am just throwing ideas out there.

If they were to keep the "calender" system that was implemented in seasons, or something similar, gradual aging would work very well.
Say you have a sim who was born in winter. They could make it so that the sim will have a birthday every every winter. I realize that lots of people don't have their games set up to have four seasons but I'm sure you all get my point. The game would work more on a "yearly" system and the sims would have birthdays every year.
Scholar
#103 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 7:34 PM
Yes a good idea but it would be long, 5 days by season, 20 for one year. So for the 40 (?) years of the adults it would take too much time. Too bad !
#104 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 7:36 PM
then shorten seasons?

I don't think seasons will be in base game so that idea is probably bunk anyway.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:47 PM
No it doesn't seem like the actual Seasons will be in the base game, just rain and wind as far as I know. But I think our Sims should go by a calendar system. For many of us, it would be Jan. to Feb. In Sims 2 they started that a bit but instead of months it was days of the week. So maybe now we get to have months of the year and days of the week? Of course for other countries it may be different.
#106 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
I realize that lots of people don't have their games set up to have four seasons but I'm sure you all get my point.

Doesn't matter, the sims could just have their birthdays every quarter--I like that idea. I think it would be fun for Sims to gradually age like that and grow every year instead of just spin around...that would be so cool!
Only problem is, like many people have said, it would be almost impossible for CC makers to create bodyshop content for every single sim age group, so that would be a challenge.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:29 AM
With gradual aging you are still going to have different body meshes for each age. I mean, you're not going to share the same mesh from a kid to an adult, you know?
Forum Resident
#108 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:42 AM
I don't know the specifics of it but Sims's clothing still looks relatively okay with the stretch skeleton cheat so I don't see how you couldn't just stretch a mesh while Sims are gradually aging.

I think the main age groups should still be highlighted but Sims will gradually get there as opposed to staying the same age/height/face for 7 days and then pop! becomes a teen.
Test Subject
#109 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:52 AM
The more detailed a texture is, or the more patterned, the more you'll notice when it'll get stretched if you just stretch the mesh. Which would mean we'd only have plain flat textured clothing. The animations would probably start getting funny too. Even things that seem to change naturally in game (fatness, pregnancy) are just new meshes that the game changes to.

Just thinking about the new fatness and muscle options in Sims 3 gives my creation side nightmares (although for all I know it's really very easy).
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:43 AM
I guess I'm alone on this but I don't want gradual aging. I want them to have a birthday and visibly move onto the next step /dumb I know :D

But I hope the new age is middle age and some very young child between toddler and child). The more the better though, so if they add like 7 more age groups that's super fine with me
Mad Poster
#111 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:00 AM
And pre-teens! Sorry but they are absolutely needed! And many people I know agree with me on this. The more the better but the three that are crucial are the small child before child, pre-teens and middle-age. That may not be quite complete but it sure is a lot more complete than in Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:13 AM
i just wish they would let us choose the voice for the sims ourselves, like how it is in MySims.
Mad Poster
#113 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:40 PM
I agree, we need various voice styles for each age group. Well, probably not so much for babies and toddlers.

EDIT: See, guys? There will be children in the game. From a Sims 3 article.

Quote:
"We needed an open world. You're not going to get where this game can go unless you can literally walk across the street and see the neighbour's kids playing in the opposite yard."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ping-the-sims-3

That right there sums it up, though I always knew there would be kids in the game but this is for some of you who were worried about that.
#114 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:05 PM
I've never been worried if there would be kids or not, I'm just anxious to see them and here how the aging system is going to work!
Scholar
#115 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:17 PM
I would love to see some pictures of the kids, babies and toddlers. I would also enjoy gradual aging, I think that is possibly the next stage for the Sims.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:27 PM
I agree, I am anxious as well because they are bound to look different. I want to see if they still have their charm and adoration.
Scholar
#117 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
I just really, really hope that the Middle-Age group will be added--if not, I will DIE. Preteen is also needed, but it isn't crucial. I just don't like my 25-year-old adults morphing into oldy-moldy elders in a matter of days. There needs to be a stage in between.

I feel the same way. I can live without another younger group, although a pre-teen would be useful, especially if they get rid of the YA, but a middle-age group is needed. You do not go from being 20 to being bent-over and near death overnight. And 28 days is not long enough at all. Not when you need to find a mate, have a few children and get to the top of a career.

As far as I'm concerned the baby stage already lasts longer than I would like. The toddler stage could be a bit longer and make it easier to get them trained before they grow up, but then I want them in school so my Sims can get back to work and focus on themselves for a bit.

I'd actually like many extra age groups, but it would be very inconvenient for the content makers and our Downloads folders would be out of control.

I would like:
Baby -- 2 days
Toddler -- 5 days
Child -- 8 days
Younger Teen-- 6 days
Older Teen/Young adult -- 10 days
Adult -- 25 days
Middle-age -- 20 days
Elder -- 10 + days
Mad Poster
#118 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 4:16 AM
I hope for more days than that.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval
I would like:
Baby -- 2 days
Toddler -- 5 days
Child -- 8 days
Younger Teen-- 6 days
Adult -- 25 days
Middle-age -- 20 days
Elder -- 10 + days

Those are very good age groups suggestions, aeval. I like the idea of splitting the now very long teen group into younger and older - and including the young adult in the latter.

Middle age could possibly be a tad shorter though, maybe 15 days?
Forum Resident
#120 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval

I would like:
Baby -- 2 days
Toddler -- 5 days
Child -- 8 days
Younger Teen-- 6 days
Adult -- 25 days
Middle-age -- 20 days
Elder -- 10 + days

I don't think I would want 16 days as a teen, even if it is split up. I'd rather have it be 6 days as a pre-teen/tween and then 6 (maybe 7) as a teen.

The young adult stage made sense for Uni but if there is no university included in the base game, then I'd rather just have them go from teen to adult.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:27 AM
I personally like the way it is in Sims 2 as far as days. Besides, with Sims 3 being so drastically different and with more things to do, teens may seem like a more fun age to where their days may seem shorter after all.
Test Subject
#122 Old 12th May 2008 at 2:35 PM
I would like it to stay pretty much the same as it is now, the only things I'd like changed are teens having a shorter span and elders not being alive as long, my perma plat elders live longer in elderhood than they did in adult!
I would sort of like a middle age range, it is annoying having a youngish looking sim go all grey and wrinkly over night =/.
#123 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:03 PM
I hope we get pre-teen and middle-aged.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 13th May 2008 at 3:53 AM
Actually, the longest amount of days that elders can live is only 31, which is only 2 days more than adults. That is why it seems so long. But the shortest amount of days they can live is only 9. The reason for the variability is because elders in real life die at different ages from old age and you never know when it is.
Page 5 of 5