Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#76 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Some of the horses are pretty messed up if you know anything about horses, too. The Arabian looks like a mutant and the Thoroughbred looks almost like a Quarter Horse. But of course you can't go in and fix that without them reading as mixed breed.

To me, a horse is a horse is a horse. There are brown horses, black horses, and then there are white horses.

I guess I'm just unsophisticated but I can't really tell different breeds apart at all.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:21 PM
Thats perfectly normal for a non horse person.
When youve been around em for a few years you start to see the differences
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
To me, a horse is a horse is a horse.
Of course, of course. (Of course?)
Scholar
Original Poster
#79 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
To me, a horse is a horse is a horse. There are brown horses, black horses, and then there are white horses.

I guess I'm just unsophisticated but I can't really tell different breeds apart at all.

There are still horse breeds I can't visually tell apart. As far as I'm concerned all the various warmbloods may as well be one breed.

But for instance, if you look hard enough, Thoroughbreds look "long": long necks, long bodies, even their heads are longer. Compared to a Quarter Horse which is all stocky muscle like the horse version of a bulldog.
Scholar
#80 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:39 AM
Honestly, I think EA should have focused on the dog breeds, as cats and horses could have been neglected a bit look wise with the majority of people not knowing. But dogs are really easy to mess up as the purebreeds are so distinct.
And EA, shame on you for making designer dogs! Tou cannot just give them one look! A mix between two purebreeds can have more features from the mother or father, it's entirely up to genetics! *shakes my pointer finger at them*
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:33 PM
another breed that EA messed up severely is the pug. the game version don't look at all like the real pug, not even the coat colors are adequate. please, if someone created a decent looking pug (anything is better than the game's), message me, because i want it!
Is Claeric
#82 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
Honestly, I think EA should have focused on the dog breeds, as cats and horses could have been neglected a bit look wise with the majority of people not knowing. But dogs are really easy to mess up as the purebreeds are so distinct.
And EA, shame on you for making designer dogs! Tou cannot just give them one look! A mix between two purebreeds can have more features from the mother or father, it's entirely up to genetics! *shakes my pointer finger at them*

Honestly, I think EA should have focused on the cat breeds, as dogs and horses could have been neglected a bit look wise with the majority of people not knowing. But cats are really easy to mess up as the purebreeds are so distinct.

:P
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Oh my god. How could they possibly see that and go "Hm....small breed."

Also really, someone needs to explain to me what all these designer mutts are. I have no idea what the heck a Bocker is.

I just wish the people who breed these crosses would come up with more original breed names than what is essentially a fandom ship term for them.

For example, a cross between a Westie and a Scottie is a HuggyBear! Now isn't that more interesting than a Chiweenie or a maltipoo?

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
I just wish the people who breed these crosses would come up with more original breed names than what is essentially a fandom ship term for them.

For example, a cross between a Westie and a Scottie is a HuggyBear! Now isn't that more interesting than a Chiweenie or a maltipoo?

Haha, I always thought of them as the dog form of Brangelina or whatever.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:36 AM
when i had a chihuahua weenie dog in real life, i called him a "beanieweenie" sure someone probally could have gotten offended, cause i guess i was calling the lil mexican chihuahua dog part of him a "beaner" but the name "beanieweenie" fit him as a breed better than "chiweenie". he was a rotten lil full of beans thought he was the king of all everything till the very day his silly butt ran out in the street and got hit by a car.

i was greatly annoyed by their dauschund. ya know, the weenie dog. the legs are WAY too long. no self respecting weenie dog would be that tall.

i did notice the pitbull came in a large and small, that was interesting, i noticed the dingo looked surprisingly like a dog i used to have who was half dingo, but i didnt look really close yet at too many of the breeds. the papillion didnt look to have the silly ear thingies the breed is loved for, so i just dont know how much seriousness i can put on their "breeding" purity plans. cause if they cant even make the "purebreds" look right, i'm going to HAVE to tinker with their pixel dna
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 8:41 AM
I have three dachshunds in real life and that...thing in game just weirds me out. But there isn't anything EA could have done about it short of not including the breed at all. There's no way to change the height of pets or sims. Other than the height/legs, though, the general shape is pretty accurate, especially the head.

The Papillon looks more like a longhair chihuahua than a Papillon (actually, it makes a really GOOD longhair chihuahua...) . The ears are just all wrong...and considering that's what the dogs are known for...that'd be like making a bull terrier without a roman nose.
Page 4 of 4