Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:25 AM
:new: Pet Sitter
Is there anyway to hire someone to watch and feed your pets while your on vacation?
You can't take small pets with you and I really don't want to take my dog and my horse with me to Egypt.. well maybe one but not both...
What do I do to make sure they are taken care of while I'm gone!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:41 AM
No ingame time passes in the neighborhood when you go on vacation.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pattiepicc
Is there anyway to hire someone to watch and feed your pets while your on vacation?
You can't take small pets with you and I really don't want to take my dog and my horse with me to Egypt.. well maybe one but not both...

Time doesn't actually pass in the homeworld while you're on vacation, so your pets will be fine Mind you, I haven't tried going on vacation since installing Pets, so I don't know if the game will force you to hire a babysitter like it does with kids... but either way, it's kinda pointless since they are caught in a time warp anyway
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 9:16 PM
I've gone on vacation and as soon as your sims call for the vacation and leave, the pet sitter calls and tells them he'll check in on them.

However, My game tanks every time I try to return from vacation so, before you start the vacation interaction - BIN your sims and lot and save it. Close your game, copy your saves to a safe place and reopen your game. If everything is still working, THEN go on vacation. Vacation will run smoothly but your game might bork when you try to return home with all that vacation loot your sims stole.. I've only been playing China since Pets so I don't know if the borkiness exists for Egypt and France also.

Oh.. and I saw no horses running around the outer areas of China. I was hoping to find a herd of those tartar type horses. The ones that have the crewcut mane in game...
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:36 AM
I believe Twallan's Traveler mod should fix the borkiness you mention, porkypine
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pattiepicc

Is there even a way to take your pet on vacation with you because when i try it doenst even list them in the box of people to take with you
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sloan7742
Is there even a way to take your pet on vacation with you because when i try it doenst even list them in the box of people to take with you

You need Twallan's Traveler mod in order to do this.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 1:43 PM
So far, I have had minimal problems with going on vacation -- have been to all 3 countries. My game crashed once while on vacation (closed and went to desk top), which is a problem I have had occasionally since the beginning. Everything came back and continued on okay when I started things back up from my last save.

I have minimal CC & mods, and so far, my game with Pets-3 installed seems slightly less glitchy than it was ... of course my karma might take a turn for the worse -- it has in the past.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!