Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 11:24 PM
Default "Quiet" cat my eye...
Okay so I was SO flipping tired of all the meowing that the next cat I created had the Quiet trait. It has not been lost or anything but she's still a NON stop talker. I don't have any mods in either.

Could someone make a mod that would have a "talk slider" sort of thing, where the voice could be tuned for frequency? Like with low meaning only talking when needing fed, to high being non-stop?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Revenwyn
Okay so I was SO flipping tired of all the meowing that the next cat I created had the Quiet trait. It has not been lost or anything but she's still a NON stop talker. I don't have any mods in either.

Could someone make a mod that would have a "talk slider" sort of thing, where the voice could be tuned for frequency? Like with low meaning only talking when needing fed, to high being non-stop?

No requests are allowed at MTS You can check out the WCIF forum (under help) to find out if anybody's made such a mod, or use the tutorials and forums under the Create menu if you want to learn how to make it yourself.
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#3 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:59 PM
Welcome to the world of having a cat. They never stop meowing, never. I had one. I swear parrots are more prone to stay silent than cats would ever be.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
Welcome to the world of having a cat. They never stop meowing, never. I had one. I swear parrots are more prone to stay silent than cats would ever be.

Well, IRL, some cats really ARE more "talkative" than others There's a lot of individual variation, and also variation across breeds, which is I'm sure what the Quiet trait was meant to capture. If the OP is right though it may be broken. I dunno, haven't tried a quiet cat...
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Well, IRL, some cats really ARE more "talkative" than others There's a lot of individual variation, and also variation across breeds, which is I'm sure what the Quiet trait was meant to capture. If the OP is right though it may be broken. I dunno, haven't tried a quiet cat...

Yes, I've had 5 cats so far throughout my life and while they all had their own levels of talkativeness only one of them was really noisy. These Sims cats cry way more than that vocal cat I had, and it drives me nuts.
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:49 PM
My cat used to be average meowing, but since he got fixed, you can barely hear him PURR, even when he's super happy. And he never meows, and if he does, it's so quiet.
I hope if it's broken it gets fixed, my simself's cat would be quiet, lazy and piggy XD So he would need to actually be quiet, as it's his only good trait :P
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 11:40 PM
Three out of four of my RL cats are very talkactive Very Like bordering on insanely talkative. My fourth kitty tries to be a yappy yap too but her meow just isn't very loud, especially compared to the other three. Poor dear
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:39 AM
Maybe the trait is like some of EAs other twisted humor. It really acts the opposite just to irritate you.