Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 2:55 AM Last edited by aimlesscoyote : 20th Jan 2012 at 6:41 AM. Reason: eek typo
Default Aaagh the pets are dropping things all over the lot!
I really like the Sims Pets expansion. The dogs' and cats' hunting skills are very fun! My one big problem? They DROP what they find all over the lot! And unless I keep the camera focused on that particular pet, I lose the item! The cat is the biggest offender. The dog usually drops what he finds next to a Sim (with the "present to..." action). The cat? Utterly random (with the "drop somewhere..." action. Yes, that's actually what it's called! lol).

So far I've lost snakes, womrats (wtf is a womrat anyway?), pieces of the diamond dog, and a fish. Is there any way to keep them from dropping things all over? LOL

How about a "drop in this box" Mod? Or even a "don't drop!" Mod. Anyone? ;-)

What about you guys? Having problems with dropped items, or is it just me?

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 9:15 PM
My dog doesn't drop anything. It stays in his inventory.
Haven't done a cat yet (I'm a dog person).
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aimlesscoyote
I really like the Sims Pets expansion. The dogs' and cats' hunting skills are very fun! My one big problem? They DROP what they find all over the lot! And unless I keep the camera focused on that particular pet, I lose the item! The cat is the biggest offender. The dog usually drops what he finds next to a Sim (with the "present to..." action). The cat? Utterly random (with the "drop somewhere..." action. Yes, that's actually what it's called! lol).

So far I've lost snakes, womrats (wtf is a womrat anyway?), pieces of the diamond dog, and a fish. Is there any way to keep them from dropping things all over? LOL

How about a "drop in this box" Mod? Or even a "don't drop!" Mod. Anyone? ;-)

What about you guys? Having problems with dropped items, or is it just me?

Real pets do that too... at least my cats do... so personally, I wouldn't mod that out Not having personal inventories IRL, they don't have much choice!

No requests allowed here, btw You can check the "WCIF" forum under Help if you're looking for a specific mod, or head to the modding tuts and forums under the Create menu if you want to have a go yourself (that'd be a scripting mod though I think, so not for the faint-hearted... though it might be possible to tune it via XML).