Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
So Daniel, you don't see any lots missing in CAW?

I don't. It's just that because it's a WIP and I kind of skip around the map when working, it looks like stuff is missing.

I should note though that I haven't opened it since earlier, so if you see something that looks odd, please let me know

Come Check out New York City!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:52 AM
Oh..replied to you but forgot to tell you that I have the Empire State Building.
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:01 AM
Hey Simsample, i tried your second method and got my world file to open, however all the lots i've built with no CC disappeared, all that is present is the landscape of the map with roads. All my bridges are missing as well. Would the lots and bridges have something to do with the .SETTINGS file ?
Test Subject
#54 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:41 PM
Hi sorry to just tag on the end but I've been searching round the interwebs for ages now - my CAW will open new worlds but it refuses to open ones that I've already made. I saved the world as something and then accidentally deleted an (enormous) layer of trees, so I exited without saving to bring them back. However, now although the program opens and new worlds open, it still won't open old ones, AND on top of that it seems like my custom worlds have just vanished into thin air. I've looked everywhere where they normally are and none of the backups or anything is still there...! Does anyone have any idea how I might get them back and open them again because I've spent at least a month and a half on it already...! :O
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#55 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:49 PM
@smithk287: Please check the solutions in this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942
And post there if you still can't solve it.

@CassieJ- Please try the solutions in this thread:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
And make a new thread about your problem if nothing works.
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 9:46 PM Last edited by nataodzanata : 27th Jul 2012 at 9:58 PM.
HI!
I have problem with caw too, I was making new world, and was saving during time. Now, when I want to continue working in caw I cannot open my last save, actually I can open 1, 2. and third save, but 4,5 and 6 can`t!!! I`m mad because I don`t want to start from beginning, which third save almost is!!!! With my sixth save I was half way there to be done!! I don`t understand why I can`t open 5. save, because when I was saving, caw said Save was succesfull!

I found out that in my UserToolData/Worlds/Magnolia6/Layers Global layer is missing!! Has that something to do with that I can`t open my saved world? What can I do about that?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataodzanata
HI!
I have problem with caw too, I was making new world, and was saving during time. Now, when I want to continue working in caw I cannot open my last save, actually I can open 1, 2. and third save, but 4,5 and 6 can`t!!! I`m mad because I don`t want to start from beginning, which third save almost is!!!! With my sixth save I was half way there to be done!! I don`t understand why I can`t open 5. save, because when I was saving, caw said Save was succesfull!

I found out that in my UserToolData/Worlds/Magnolia6/Layers Global layer is missing!! Has that something to do with that I can`t open my saved world? What can I do about that?
That could be it. You could use the instructions from simsample's great Cleaning the Global Layer thread to restore it. You can get the file name you'll need from one of the older saves.

My first save is usually taken before I do anything in Edit in Game. If the same is true for yours, then your first save's Global Layer would already be clean and you could try just plopping it into Save 6 (backing up that save first). That would only work if you're sure it's clean, though.
Test Subject
#58 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SharaRose
That could be it. You could use the instructions from simsample's great Cleaning the Global Layer thread to restore it. You can get the file name you'll need from one of the older saves.

My first save is usually taken before I do anything in Edit in Game. If the same is true for yours, then your first save's Global Layer would already be clean and you could try just plopping it into Save 6 (backing up that save first). That would only work if you're sure it's clean, though.

THANKS!! I just copy paste Global layer from previous save and now it`s working again!!
But how in first place Global layer is missing?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#59 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 4:52 PM
nataodzanata, perhaps you have an antivirus program which is identifying it as a threat and quarantining it? Or, perhaps your computer did not complete the save correctly? Either way, be sure to make a safe backup so that you won't lose your work if it occurs again.

Thanks for the help, SharaRose!
Page 3 of 3