Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 5:33 PM
Default Question about Store Premium Magic content.
According to the official forums the magic items from the store have been updated to be incorporated into SN gameplay.
Quote:
Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically.

Has anyone tried them out yet? Do they work without breaking anything else? That spellbook has been nothing but a bugfest since its release and I'm afraid to install it. I'd like the extra items in the game (since I already own them) but I just got my fryer/ice-cream maker/tablet/sauna to finally play nice with each other. I don't want to upset whatever mojo I've found...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:03 PM
Ugh. The spellbook isn't coming anywhere near my game. I don't care how many times they've updated it.

Burn me once, shame on you, burn me fifty billion times, shame on me.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:05 PM
Interesting I might even consider buying these, since now they would actually fit my gameplay, unlike previously...

but I would also want somebody to confirm first that they work as advertised
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Interesting I might even consider buying these, since now they would actually fit my gameplay, unlike previously...

but I would also want somebody to confirm first that they work as advertised

Hi, I have the spellbook in the Supernatural game. My sims have used it some times and so far it works well. I think...
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
Hi, I have the spellbook in the Supernatural game. My sims have used it some times and so far it works well. I think...

Do you have any other premium content? Specifically, the tablet or the fryer and ice-cream maker?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:44 PM
I am not speaking first hand when I say this as I do not have Supernatural yet but a user at MATY has the voodoo doll installed and has said that the new interactions of forcing a fairy/werewolf Sim to transform works as well as the ability to turn someone into a zombie with it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:07 AM
I have the Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron in game and it works pretty well. Items are generated at random so you get all sorts of things out of it. Haven't tried any of the other items but then the only other one I really ahve of the lot is the Book and I haven't gotten enough cash yet(trying not to cheat!)