Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:56 PM
Default Zombies killing all of my plants??
How do I stop it? I click on the zombie and I have no options. Am I just supposed to stand there and let them kill all my plants??
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 6:25 PM
There is no option to stop the zombies (But there is a mod.) The only ways to deal with them are to make cure potions, have a high level witch (sunshine charm I think it is called), or have a fairy throw fairy dust on the zombies (Which I haven't seen the choice for yet). You can also hit ctrl+shift+c and type testingcheatsenabled true into the bar that appears and then when you see a zombie shift+click, select object and then delete it (Will not mess up game, the same zombie will come back later). But that is about all you can do.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enigma_Raven
How do I stop it? I click on the zombie and I have no options. Am I just supposed to stand there and let them kill all my plants??

Putting a fence around your garden, with a gate locked for "household only", will help. Theoretically a zombie could spawn inside your fence, but I haven't seen anybody post yet that that's happened to.

There are several "zombies" threads here that contain more specific information about how to reduce their numbers or get rid of them altogether. There are actually several mods out by now with different approaches to the problem.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:27 PM
i thought the peashooter would be a good help, too, but i was dissapointed when it proved me wrong.
hopefully a mod will be made to solve this issue, soon.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
hopefully a mod will be made to solve this issue, soon.

There are mods... at least four, as I mentioned above See this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post3957616
Forum Resident
#6 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:25 PM
yeah, i should read better instead of rushing through the threads.
Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:27 PM
If you're using a fairy, an immediate fix is the Aura of Soothing. Use it around the zombies and they should stop.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:32 PM
If you're using a genie you can have them banish or enscorsal the zombie. Banish will send the zombie far away from the lot while ensorsal will allow you to control the zombie for up to 4 sim hours.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:04 PM Last edited by babele44 : 10th Sep 2012 at 12:08 PM.
As others said fairy dust will heal a zombie but in order to acquire it you'll either have to be friends with a fairy and ask it to give you some or use the "Search For Fairies" option at the Arboretum. An actively played fairy cannot shed dust, or at least mine can't at fairy level 8.
What I do in order to protect my garden is to exploit the way this game always works: on full moon my Sims are simply not at home but spend the night "at the hotel", so to speak. Most of the action in this game is always centred around your active family, neighbours stalk them, zombies stalk them and so my solution is to lure them away from my home. I placed a nectary from another world in my current one, with upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms, a basic kitchen and several entertainment objects, a crib and a potty. That's where my Sims spend the full moon nights and so all the homeless zombies will spawn there, scare the other punters at the nectary and eat the outdoor plants there, but as it's a community lot they will recover.
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ah, that's a neat idea Babele! With the caveat that you'll need a mod (like Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod) to make stoves and fridges work on a community lot.

And thanks for the tip about fairy dust too... my sim has a stack that a fairy gave her but she had no idea what to do with it
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:34 PM
mastercontroller also helps in this matter, by clicking on the zombie and reset that sim.
it will dissapear at an instand. though, i hate to cheat.
and its not that i want to lose all zombies, they just need to stay clear from my sim's plants.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 12:04 AM Last edited by babele44 : 10th Sep 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Ah, that's a neat idea Babele! With the caveat that you'll need a mod (like Buzzler's Moar Interactions mod) to make stoves and fridges work on a community lot.

And thanks for the tip about fairy dust too... my sim has a stack that a fairy gave her but she had no idea what to do with it
Ah, you don't need a mod for fridges to work on community lots, they do so by default and personally I have not felt the need yet to be able to cook. The quick meals from fridges are ok. There's also a new "dish", something like "brain freeze", it's piggy pink and gives an interesting moodlet
One could also add a food register or if you have a genie they can summon perfect dishes. Or if you want to play more apocalypse style give them dried food from Word Adventures or let them eat raw ingredients. Honey fills the hunger motive, too. Or add a barbecue.
Actually, I think I know now what I could use that abandoned motel in Lucky Palms for

Frankly, since twallan updated Overwatch and fixed the lunar cycle mess I am quite at peace with zombies now. My lunar cycle is set to 8 (come to think of it I am now wondering whether 10 is actually a viable number as there are only 8 phases) and so every 8 days my Sim will have an interesting night out. Of couse, playing a single Sim makes it quite easy, but so far I have always done something special during full moons: have a nap after work to replenish Energy and then spend the night at the nectary, at a hangout, go fishing or look for unicorns, consign some things at the elixir shop, visit the fortune teller or go collecting. I gave my Sim a sleeping bag and as soon as he's asleep, zombies can't do anything. It can be quite fun actually.
The last full moon my Sim was at the vampire lounge, dancing the smustle in his underwear (thanks to a backfired Skivvies prank), as soon as a zombie marched in I used "Call over To Dance" and we had an excellent night until the lounge closed. After that I sent him fishing and then to sleep in the park. He only returned home when the sun was up and his garden was unscathed.
I also noticed that zombies will attack already dead plants. So you might want to keep a few of those and place them outside the fenced-in garden. This should keep them occupied and save both your real garden and your nerves, because it also reduces the "Zombie Attack!" actions if you keep them busy.

And re: Fairy Dust. If used on a Sim it will also grant them some "fairy powers" for a while, they can fly and use the fly animation when running.
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:22 AM
Another possibility - If you have the Moodlet Manager, Cure the zombie and it will return to its non-zombified form and go home.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enigma_Raven

It's possible to use this mod which prevents Zombies from attacking plants, the autonomous function is simply turned off:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...tacking-plants/

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
It's possible to use this mod which prevents Zombies from attacking plants, the autonomous function is simply turned off:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...tacking-plants/

sounds perfect!
thanks for letting us know
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 8:21 PM
Default Zombies Eating Plants Answer
Put out a Pea Shotter, when a zombie shows up in your yard or garden, click on shooter, and it will give option to shoot zombie, the zombie will go right to the pea shooter, and walk in front of it. Also you can choose to play catch with the pea shooter, for building fun. by clicking on it and selecting play catch.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 8:55 PM
I actually had a zombie spawn right inside my fence, next to my fairy sim who was busy "tending the garden". I even took pics, wanna see? Of course you do!

This bad boy spawned right in my newly gated garden (I'd just figured out I needed to protect it or Mari, my Sim, would never have a perfect garden):

So I added another peashooter in the garden to help minimize any future damage:

I don't know if they've passed the word to each other, but I haven't had single one in my garden since. Of course, I had to open the gate so he could get out once the peashooter cured him.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 8:57 PM
I've had the worst time with mods causing my game to crash, so I've been getting inventive with problem-solving. I took care of my zombie problem by building an extra room on my house, buying a bunch of clay planters, and planting my garden indoors. (Trees, however, can't be grown in the planters.) As long as no one opens the door to let the zombies in, they haven't been able to get in. (They will, however, swarm the door and yell about being unable to get in.) The big challenge for me at that point is keeping my family busy enough indoors to keep them from going outside (where they can be attacked by zombies). The whole family loves the moonlight, so it sucks for them on full moon nights, but so far I've had no zombie bites and all of the garden plants except for the apple trees stay safe. (Also, once my founder - a Fairy - got high enough in her Gardening skill, she was able to revive dead plants, which helps with the ones I planted before I discovered the planter trick, as well as with the trees that get destroyed.)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#19 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bigmommayoung
Put out a Pea Shotter, when a zombie shows up in your yard or garden, click on shooter, and it will give option to shoot zombie, the zombie will go right to the pea shooter, and walk in front of it. Also you can choose to play catch with the pea shooter, for building fun. by clicking on it and selecting play catch.

its a useful object, but not perfect, as with all these zombies popping up, you need more than just one of these things. and on smaller lots, its not always possible to place them where they are needed most.

also, when a zombie gets to reach the peashooter, and destroys it, it is pretty expensive to replace them for sims that dont have alot of money.

all in all, not ideal.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 3:24 AM
The gated, locked fence area really does work, I've tested it, and these people have too:

Carl's Sims 3 Supernatural: Zombie Guide

There's also a lot of other tips concerning zombies, like using testingcheats on the mailbox to control the zombie population. I have not tried that yet.

There's a blind spot in the picture you gave us; is the stairs and railing there instead of the fence? It has to be surrounded on all sides by either a fence or fence plus foundation and wall(like the side of a house).

If you get frustrated, just fence off the entire yard, which works too. Just make sure all the fence gates are facing the right way. I did this at first, and then meticulously made an locked inner gated area and then a outer unlocked area that allows access to my front door. Of course the wrap-around porch needed a gate so they couldn't just use my patio to get to my greens... you see what I mean?

Eat some sand, make a pearl.
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:39 AM
The hell with the peashooter. Just get Desectrate's weapons mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 . As long as you shoot them on your own property, no one ever calls the police. It's a bit like Texas. And no more worries about being bitten. Plus, you get lots of urns if you're into resurrection.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uchuujin
The gated, locked fence area really does work, I've tested it, and these people have too:

Carl's Sims 3 Supernatural: Zombie Guide

There's also a lot of other tips concerning zombies, like using testingcheats on the mailbox to control the zombie population. I have not tried that yet.

There's a blind spot in the picture you gave us; is the stairs and railing there instead of the fence? It has to be surrounded on all sides by either a fence or fence plus foundation and wall(like the side of a house).

If you get frustrated, just fence off the entire yard, which works too. Just make sure all the fence gates are facing the right way. I did this at first, and then meticulously made an locked inner gated area and then a outer unlocked area that allows access to my front door. Of course the wrap-around porch needed a gate so they couldn't just use my patio to get to my greens... you see what I mean?

Oh my garden gets destroyed too, it's a good thing my fairy can bloom a dead plant and it blooms Useful info on healing zombies too; they're annoying =/
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 3:17 AM
I put the settings to single lunar cycle/new moon in the options menu, and I've never seen a zombie after almost 3 sims weeks. I'll probably allow them if the zom quirks are patched.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 11:24 AM
I can't get the pea shooter because for some reason that makes no sense whatsoever my email/password does not allow me to log in (even though I successfully logged in two times following the link to get it, which we required three logs ins - the third one failed). However, I simply fenced in my garden as uchuujin said and the zombies appear but they can't get to the plants. I've left the zombie setting for now because I thought it might be fun to play in a town full of them.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
The hell with the peashooter. Just get Desectrate's weapons mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950 . As long as you shoot them on your own property, no one ever calls the police. It's a bit like Texas. And no more worries about being bitten. Plus, you get lots of urns if you're into resurrection.
Wow thanks for the link. I never saw that item before! That's exactly what I was looking for, something to flat out kill some zombies. Now I need a good cure to use on my favorite TWD characters who decided to go out on a full moon and got bit- stupid Glen. Guess I need them to befriend Sookie Stackhouse. )