Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 2:05 PM
Default Spawning Rodents
Right now every household I've played have about 10 rodents mass breeding on their yard. I know this is caused by the fallen leafs spawning them, but do you guys have any tips on how to clean the rodents??

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:06 PM
Click on them and take Collect or Catch or whatever it says.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:08 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 30th Nov 2012 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Shimrod beat me to it.
Catch them and release them on someone else's lot. Unfortunately, new ones will generate within a day or so, but if you keep at it, you'll build up your hidden wildlife skill really fast. But fortunately, there will be no relationship hit from your neighbors for dumping all the squirrels and chipmunks on their lawn.

Shimrod, you're too fast. I can't type that quickly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 3:29 PM
But is there any way to stop them from spawning again? :/ I tried the collecting but it got really tedious to collect all the rodents spawning whenever Fall is around...

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ayumichi
But is there any way to stop them from spawning again? :/ I tried the collecting but it got really tedious to collect all the rodents spawning whenever Fall is around...

It gets tedious doing all that damned raking! My current sim is living on a small 20x20 lot that is, at most, 30% open ground with one oak tree out back and two small birches out front. He can literally spend HOURS raking and not be finished, and then there's more leaves the next day. Since the rodents spawn because of the leaves, it's a never-ending cycle.

I know that hindsight is 20/20, but I really wished EA should would have added a Gardening Service into Seasons that you could call up like we had with the Sims 2. Then THEY could do all the damned raking and rodent control in the fall, shovel the walks in the winter, do the weeding and fertilizing in the spring, and mow the lawn in the summer (maybe adding a freshly mowed moodlet).

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:05 PM

In the LeafPile_0xff99d95ee4316199 XML there's the following :

<kChanceSpawnRodent value="50">
<!--Range[0-100] When sim picks up non decomposed pile, chance of spawning a rodent if EP5 is installed-->
</kChanceSpawnRodent>

<kChanceSpawnRoaches value="80">
<!--Range[0-100] When sim picks up decomposing pile, chance of spawning roaches-->
</kChanceSpawnRoaches>

So, you could just adjust the values there to stop them from spawning.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:04 AM
Is this tied into Pets or something, as I left the leaves where they fell until spring and never had any vermin show up.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 1:38 AM
Oh, so that is why there is a chipmunk infestation in my Sims lot? Bonehilda needs to pick up the pace raking the leaves and we need rodent traps in the game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Oh, so that is why there is a chipmunk infestation in my Sims lot? Bonehilda needs to pick up the pace raking the leaves and we need rodent traps in the game.

Remember, EA wants no violence, so rodent traps are out. Although maybe you can get an alien to call down a meteor shower now and then to crush and fry the damned rodents. EA doesn't seem to have a problem with that.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:29 AM
Yeah, but I bet the little pests will survive that. I am so surprised how many leaves are falling with only one tree with leaves in the back yard and a small ornamental tree in front. Poor, Bonehilda. She is raking all day long, then she goes into her box to refresh and start all over again the next day. She makes 3 piles each day.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer

<!--Range[0-100] When sim picks up non decomposed pile, chance of spawning a rodent if EP5 is installed-->
</kChanceSpawnRodent>

<!--Range[0-100] When sim picks up decomposing pile, chance of spawning roaches-->
</kChanceSpawnRoaches>

Thank you! I can't do this simple editing ('cause I'm kinda dumb) but I'll try C:

Eminence Grise
#12 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:06 AM
Thank you! I can't do this simple editing ('cause I'm kinda dumb) but I'll try C:

How to make an XML mod: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Tuning_Modding

Don't need a gardener to rake leaves, maids do it I wasn't even aware of the rodent thing because my sims almost always have a maid... now I WANT chipmunks!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:12 AM
I keep planning on my sims using the leaf pile for a little sim loving but they would be so tired or have to skill, I would forget and the leaf pile was there for days. I guess having a decomposing or just having the leaf pile out there causes the rodent infestation. Leave those piles out there.

Our amazing fellow member, Shimrod have a nice mod that makes raking leaves faster and autonomous for others in the house, or visitors do the raking. Really cool. You do have to register. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ore-autonomous/

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Don't need a gardener to rake leaves, maids do it I wasn't even aware of the rodent thing because my sims almost always have a maid... now I WANT chipmunks!

Don't usually use maids. I figured they would, but I think it would just look odd to see them outside in the rain in their maids outfits, soaking wet, raking for DAYS on end.

As for chipmunks, you can have mine. They're normally worth about §112 apiece, but I'll let you have them for an even §100!

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I keep planning on my sims using the leaf pile for a little sim loving but they would be so tired or have to skill, I would forget and the leaf pile was there for days. I guess having a decomposing or just having the leaf pile out there causes the rodent infestation. Leave those piles out there.

I can't be 100% certain on this, but I distinctly remember my sim raking leaves well into the evening and creating two big piles, and then going to sleep. The wind and rain came up overnight while he was sleeping and by morning, the piles appeared to be redistributed all over the lawn again! I suppose the alternate theory is that some kind Samaritan autonomously disposed of them while I wasn't paying attention and that the leaves on the lawn were simply a new batch deposited by the trees, but I dunno...

"All right, now listen. We've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer

</kChanceSpawnRodent>

</kChanceSpawnRoaches>

I've been having a problem where no matter how high my leaf pile is, the only interaction is dispose. I can't get kids to play in it or adults to woohoo. I was wondering if you could help me, since you seem to know what your're doing. And I have no CC related to raking leaves. If you can't help me, that's okay,but anything you could do would be appreciated. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 3:38 AM
Is it possible you are using an outdated "NoMosiac" mod? If so you will need to update or if not then I have no idea.