Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 9:48 AM
Default Do I need Ambitions Expansion to get into the Alchemist career?
Just wanted to double check since my Sims is at level 4 and have yet to see Job option everyone keeps talking.

I tried googling but really no definite answer came up besides the Skill Career page on the wiki.

If I don't need that expansion pack, than I am having some serious trouble in getting the Alchemist career path.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 10:21 AM
Yes, you need Ambitions to be able to be self-employed. Why would it be trouble if you can't be self-employed?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 4:57 PM
Do you mean you get messages about alchemist when you don't have ambitions?

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:18 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 6th Jul 2013 at 7:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shoyshoy
Just wanted to double check since my Sims is at level 4 and have yet to see Job option everyone keeps talking.

I tried googling but really no definite answer came up besides the Skill Career page on the wiki.

If I don't need that expansion pack, than I am having some serious trouble in getting the Alchemist career path.

Correct, Alchemist is a "Skill Career". I thought this feature was introduced to everybody in the patch that came out at the same time as Ambitions (that was what we were told prior to Ambitions being released), but googling around I see that this may not be the case. Do you have the option to "register as self-employed" at City Hall? If you don't, I guess Ambitions is in fact required

The option to register as an alchemist would normally require one skill point in alchemy, and you'd progress in the career simply by selling the potions you make.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:51 PM
Alright thanks for the help. Yeah it sounded like being a self-employed alchemist was something you don't need anything else for except the Supernatural expansion pack. And I just recently installed the game on a new computer and it says its update. That's a shame that I need Ambitions though.

And nothing shows up for register as self-employed at City Hall and my Sim has 4 skill points for Alchemy already.

At least I can still make money off of selling the potions but I guess if I want it as a career I will have to wait until I get Ambitions.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 7:14 PM
Default glitch?
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Correct, Alchemist is a "Skill Career". I thought this feature was introduced to everybody in the patch that came out at the same time as Ambitions (that was what we were told prior to Ambitions being released), but googling around I see that this may not be the case. Do you have the option to "register as self-employed" at City Hall? If you don't, I guess Ambitions is in fact required

The option to register as an alchemist would normally require one skill point in alchemy, and you'd progress in the career simply by selling the potions you make.
I tried to make my sim join the alchemy career but I have a mod that shows all the notifications in town and it said that one sim joined the alchemy career; I switched over to that sim and turns out it was true o-o ( btw I don't have ambitions ).
Site Helper
#7 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 10:22 PM
Do you have the Nraas Careers mod? I thought that was where the option to be a self-employed alchemist came from.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook