Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 3:10 PM
Default 'Meet new friends' interaction
Hello!
I'm not really sure where to post this but since it happened after installing IP, i decided to put this here.

Lately, i noticed that i can't find the 'meet new friends' whenever i send my teen and child sims to school. I read something similar but it is caused by other mods like awesome and SP, but i have neither of those. I thought it was because of 'clean all homeless' from MasterController but it still didnt show up even after disabling and deleting caches. So maybe this is a new patch thing?

The only major mods i have are MC, Overwatch, Errortrap, and Debugenabler.
Also in debugenabler, options:sim makes my game crash and a send error report window pops up.

Thanks, and I hope anyone has ideas on why these happen.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 7:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that option just disappears when the child has met all their classmates.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadedgrey63
I'm pretty sure that option just disappears when the child has met all their classmates.

Yup that's correct. If the child has "talk to friends", they already know all the sims in their class.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 1:11 PM
none of them actually met anyone yet.. i just recently moved them in a new neighborhood. i do this time to time because using one neighborhood for awhile makes my save laggy..

any ideas on the 'error report' thing though?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:33 PM
Your best bet is to ask Twallan over at his site. (Modders support their own work, so if you have questions about a specific mod it is recommended that you ask at the site where you got the mod.) Just know that you will have to register with the site first to be able to post anything, and Twallan will likely ask you to upload an error report for him before he can figure out a solution.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 11:18 AM
Maybe i should.. Thanks anyway..
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 1:03 PM Last edited by spacemayu : 2nd Aug 2013 at 1:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hikari_mochi
Maybe i should.. Thanks anyway..

You're not the only one. It's me too.

I am 100% sure is has to do with Ambitions. Before I installed ambitions, it worked perfectly fine. After Ambitions, it doesn't work anymore. It appears to be that it messes up the references of what children are assigned to the school, possibly because Ambitions modifies the school to include the Education career. It will probably break itself if you uninstall ambitions, get it working, then install it again - because then Ambitions will modify the school again.

You can sort of get it working by evicting your family, saving them to the bin, and then placing them back (not from the clipboard). That appeared to work once for me but it hasn't worked for my new family.

Any new families with children you place will properly be able to meet the friends at school with each other. Native sims won't work... so it could be useful if you wanted a class for only your sims.

For me, it only applies to Sunset Valley, Riverview, and Twinbrook... which are worlds released before Ambitions came out. Not sure about the IP world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 5:12 AM
Thanks for the reply, even if it was awhile before i had time to check back here. I think i'll try that too. I just have another question based on what you said about native sims getting affected. Does this mean even if they are originally not townies, child sims will be affected bec they were born ingame (making them 'native' to that town)? Btw, this family i'm talking about is in IP.

Now that i read it again, i realized i havent played with child sims since Ambitions (installed recently) and only went back after adding IP (bec i wanted by mersim to have kids) so maybe you were right about Ambitions having to do with it..
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 6:10 AM
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 3:26 AM
Oooooh. Just ran into this yesterday in a fresh game, so... definitely not that the kids know everybody... Overwatch thing sounds right :/ Thanks for clearing that up Babele!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:48 AM
guess i'll be waiting until a new version (or just a fixed version of the current one) because other than this glitch, overwatch is really useful in minimizing lag. thanks for the info, babele