Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 11:24 AM
Default Strange Appearence of Downloaded Sims 3 Store Clothing.
A Dress that I have Downloaded from the Sims3 Store Is showing in the game as a transparent skin coloured maxis dress. It looks like an extension of the naked sim when selected. The outfit has been made available for both Elder and Adult. Unfortunately I downloaded a number of outfits and do not know what dress it is, which makes removing it rather hard.

Does anyone know what would cause this to happen? Would a missing EP cause this?

Thankyou
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 11:30 AM
That sounds like both a missing mesh, and a broken texture... in essence, the file is totally screwed. It was probably corrupted during download. I would make a list of the clothes you downloaded, tick off the ones that are showing up correctly, and that'll tell you which one is the broken one.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That sounds like both a missing mesh, and a broken texture... in essence, the file is totally screwed. It was probably corrupted during download. I would make a list of the clothes you downloaded, tick off the ones that are showing up correctly, and that'll tell you which one is the broken one.

I thought this might be the case. Just to verify that it is a Store download, they have the icon - blue box with a green diamond. Is that correct?
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomboy
I thought this might be the case. Just to verify that it is a Store download, they have the icon - blue box with a green diamond. Is that correct?

Yes it is

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 8:08 PM Last edited by tomboy : 17th Feb 2014 at 12:23 PM.
At one time I downloaded a CC and the game told me it was using a substituted outfit. Would that outfit have the box icon.

The reason I ask is - the corrupt outfit shows with the Maxi formal straight gown, that ties up around the neck and has a split up one side. I can not remember why the substitute happened. I think it was because I was missing the correct EP.

Finding the corrupt outfit just got more complicated. I have noted that a number of outfits downloaded from both' All About Sims' and 'TSR' via the Installer are showing the box icon in the game. It is hard to identify some of the clothing in the 'Installed' section of the Installer as the snapshots are too small. Also this corrupt outfit is Formal and available for Teens, Adults and Elders and appears the same in each age category. This is where I miss the Sims 2 function of being able to delete clothing from CAS.

I went through the downloads from Sims 3 Store and all are present and correct.

Is there any programs that allow us to view decent sized snapshots of clothing installed via the installer and hopefully uninstall them?
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 10:03 PM
I suppose opening them in S3PE and looking at their texture files would give you a clue about them, although you would be seeing the texture of the outfit rather than something that actually looks like clothes.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I suppose opening them in S3PE and looking at their texture files would give you a clue about them, although you would be seeing the texture of the outfit rather than something that actually looks like clothes.

I tried that program, but unfortunately it did not help
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:36 PM
Thank you every one for trying to help. I solved the problem by uninstalling everything via the installer. Unfortunately I still do not know what outfit it was, so I will reinstall the clothing I downloaded.

To ensure it does not happen again, I am going to open the pack files using one of Delphy's Multi Pack Installer and manually place them in my game, one at a time, then run the game to test them, At least this way I can immediately remove any corrupt files. Sounds daunting, but it will be minimal compared to the frustration and the time I have wasted trying to find the corrupt file.