Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 5:43 PM
Default The Time Traveler Machine is missing
I wanted to travel to the future, but it seems the time machine that Emit comes out of is missing from my house. I checked the family inventory, but it's not there. I tried looking in Debug buy mode, but it's not in there either. Can someone tell me how to get one of the machines? I switched to another family to see if they would get one, but it didn't work. I guess I could just pull my house up and put them in a new game, but that's alot of work.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:04 PM
You can buy one. It should be under Vehicles, Misc.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:41 PM
It could be on other lots too, it spawns randomly. But yeah, you can buy it on Vehicles > Misc.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
It could be on other lots too, it spawns randomly. But yeah, you can buy it on Vehicles > Misc.

But it costs money. I want one for free

P/S: I never checked the price, but if it did appear free in Buy mode, then my joke is invalid

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922

P/S: I never checked the price, but if it did appear free in Buy mode, then my joke is invalid

Search on the map for an purple icon, maybe it spawned on other lots.
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:08 PM

I don't think anything in the Buy mode is free, unless it's in Buydebug. :p

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 7:01 PM
OH wow, I looked everywhere except in vehicles. Thank you SO very much everyone! (runs off to start game)
One Minute Ninja'd
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 7:22 PM

If your sim is really that hard up, send me your sim's PayPal info and I'll send them the 800 Simoleons to just buy another one. See, we rich players can lend a helping hand to starving sims wanting to time travel.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I wanted to travel to the future, but it seems the time machine that Emit comes out of is missing from my house. I checked the family inventory, but it's not there. I tried looking in Debug buy mode, but it's not in there either. Can someone tell me how to get one of the machines? I switched to another family to see if they would get one, but it didn't work. I guess I could just pull my house up and put them in a new game, but that's alot of work.
Thanks.

psivampyr - As juansfalcin mentioned in post #5, the Time Portal might be located on another lot in your world. The Time Portal spawns spontaneously somewhere in your world, much like the Weather Stone (that enormously annoying pile of...stones which spawns at the most inconvenient places!). If you want a free one, you can find the portal Emit arrives through, deactivate it and drag it into your sim's inventory and voila! you now have your very own Time Portal. You can then place it on your lot (sorry, Emit!).

I sent a sim family through the Portal into the future where they bought a home. Rather than having them running to the Community Center to use the Time Portal, I "borrowed" the Center's Portal, placed it on the family's home lot, went into Buy mode, used the eyedropper to clone the Portal, then returned the original one to the Center, keeping the second one at the family's home for their private use.

These are some of the ways you can get a Time Portal for free.

Or you could just buy one, then use MC's family funds to "reimburse" your sim family for the cost of the Portal. Where there's a will, there's a way!