Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 1:59 AM
Default :blink:Does anyone else deal with this?
Anybody else deal with flattened animals?
At first it was this, and then it turned into a normal dog.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 2:03 AM
Yup, it's a common glitch that's been there ever since Pets was first released.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 2:53 AM
It's a graphical problem, I can't tell you if it's a bug or a problem with your graphics card but very very rarely I get them too and also a lot of people.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:40 AM
graphics card problem
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:01 PM
This is from Crinrict...

Temporary Distorted animals when doing certain actions
"This is a bug. Some aninmations are missing and because of this the pets stretch. The same issue was/is present for some toddler and children animations. Most animations have now been fixed."

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/1...ed-animals.html
Theorist
#6 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 4:41 PM
Next time, keep your pets off the road. j/k

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:18 PM
Freaky; I remember the Sim children used to do that if they were using an adult device like the hammer or food processor.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:36 PM
i think it's just a missing animation
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:07 AM
I've had it happen at times. And with the dogs and cats, for me, it oftentimes seems like the "outer" mesh layer is missing until you zoom out. I've never seen it with horses.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th May 2014 at 6:28 PM
I had this exact problem. I uninstalled Pets and re-installed it. Now my pets look awesome! If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th May 2014 at 10:09 PM
I used to get that often with some of the pets and once in awhile with toddlers. I suspect the toddlers issue was caused by poorly categorized clothing in CAS as when I black listed the outfits they were wearing it stopped. For the animals: I really do not know if this fixed it but since I've used the Superpatch I have not seen any distorted animals (and I play with a lot of pets in my game). As Bloodiedhell mentioned it started with Pets and I would not put it past EA to put a fix in for it in that Superpatch and leave it out of the incremental.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th May 2014 at 7:59 PM
That's creepy, I've never seen that before. I've heard pets get really distorted if you turn advanced rendering off though.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:37 PM
I don't get this problem with my Pets, I just get it once in a while with the babies looking like that. And when they turn into toddlers I go in and change their clothes and it fixes it. For some reason the babies it does it to I find out are wearing a female swimsuit as either sleepwear or formal wear. I don't know why I have the glitch but it bugs me so much that I just make my babies for 2 days only, when it does happen.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th May 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonsgirl
I don't get this problem with my Pets, I just get it once in a while with the babies looking like that. And when they turn into toddlers I go in and change their clothes and it fixes it. For some reason the babies it does it to I find out are wearing a female swimsuit as either sleepwear or formal wear. I don't know why I have the glitch but it bugs me so much that I just make my babies for 2 days only, when it does happen.

Toddlers outfits in CAS is basically a mess. It's the way they were categorized that causes this. Many of EA's categorizations are applied incorrectly and some 3rd party creators allow all categories for all ages and that really screws things up. There are a couple of ways to clean this up in CAS: Blacklisting using NRaas Dresser or a really easy way is Kuree's EasyCasp Editor. It's an awesome tool and user friendly. In addition to reassigning clothing categories and age groups, you can hide EA outfits, hats, hair, face painting etc, mark them not allowable for random so your townies and inactive won't show up in ridiculous outfits when they age up. Check it it out here at Simlogical: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1589.0 I't will also pull up 3rd part CC installed so you can check the categories. IIRC it will only pull up CC installed via 3Pks installed via Launcher.