Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 9:44 PM
Default Vampires and Sunlight
Hello!
This is my first time posting here, so please bear with me XD

As much as I love vampires in The Sims 3, I'm a little bothered by how long it takes them to die in sunlight. As a personal preference, I'd like for them to die faster in sunlight. I've looked for a Mod that could change this, but haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know of a Mod for this or if possible, be able to create one?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 11:57 PM
As far as I know vampires don't die at all in the sun which is a bit of a bummer. I'll need to keep an eye on this thread and see what comes up.

Do you spice?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:41 AM
@ChocolatePrimo: No they don't, they just get big negative moodlets and pass out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChocolatePrimo
As far as I know vampires don't die at all in the sun which is a bit of a bummer. I'll need to keep an eye on this thread and see what comes up.

Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
@ChocolatePrimo: No they don't, they just get big negative moodlets and pass out.

Wow, that's even worse. Hopefully there's a mod out there that can change this, or one that can be made
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:30 PM
Well, the problem is, the non-player sims already are shite at taking care of themselves, and that's even worse for the vampires. It's quite common for one to die of hunger if you invite them to a party, for example, because they're apparently too stupid to use the plasma fruit the game gives them. (Which really doesn't help the mood of the party either, lemme tell ya )

Plus, the game creates situations where it's not easy to avoid being in the sun. E.g., the hour long running to class in University Life, or the pileups that happen at rabbithole doors. Especially with the combined rabbitholes that come with some maps, you might have hour long pileups as the sims from several different professions are all waiting to go through the same door. Or, again, with the UL rabbitholes.

If vampires worked like in TS2, basically you'd have a pointless turnover, as they'd all die in a day or two, then the story progression would make more vampires, which would again die in a day or two, etc. Repeat ad nauseam.

The AI is waaay too crap for what you want, basically.
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 7:33 PM
You actually want your vampires to die? My biggest issue with TS2 vampires is that too much time in the sun could kill them; not even direct sunlight; just sunlight from a window was deadly. I mean, I could deal with the falling moodlets but straight up death? I much prefer the passing out of TS3 vampires since that's easier to reverse than death
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Well, the problem is, the non-player sims already are shite at taking care of themselves, and that's even worse for the vampires. It's quite common for one to die of hunger if you invite them to a party, for example, because they're apparently too stupid to use the plasma fruit the game gives them. (Which really doesn't help the mood of the party either, lemme tell ya )

Plus, the game creates situations where it's not easy to avoid being in the sun. E.g., the hour long running to class in University Life, or the pileups that happen at rabbithole doors. Especially with the combined rabbitholes that come with some maps, you might have hour long pileups as the sims from several different professions are all waiting to go through the same door. Or, again, with the UL rabbitholes.

If vampires worked like in TS2, basically you'd have a pointless turnover, as they'd all die in a day or two, then the story progression would make more vampires, which would again die in a day or two, etc. Repeat ad nauseam.

The AI is waaay too crap for what you want, basically.

Lol, all true points, especially about the NPC"s
I've taken to making my own mod that makes thirst decay faster with the "Too Much Sun" moodlet. I'll see how that goes when playing, and hopefully all of the NPCs don't die
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
You actually want your vampires to die? My biggest issue with TS2 vampires is that too much time in the sun could kill them; not even direct sunlight; just sunlight from a window was deadly. I mean, I could deal with the falling moodlets but straight up death? I much prefer the passing out of TS3 vampires since that's easier to reverse than death

Well, that exactly why I said it was a "personal preference." They did die way too fast for me in The Sims 2, but, for me, as a personal preference, I''d like them to die faster, or at all, period, in the Sims 3. So, I'm making my own mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 1:09 AM
Okay, does anyone here with Modding skills know how to prevent the "Too Much Sun" moodlet from causing Sims to pass out?
#10 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Finnatix
Okay, does anyone here with Modding skills know how to prevent the "Too Much Sun" moodlet from causing Sims to pass out?

Don't ask for mods... that's forbidden in this group. You could try WCIF and ask if anyone knows of one.

I think so. I don't play vampires, but it appears that vampires lose hunger at 17/per hour when they have the too much sun moodlet. If that is why they pass out (I donno... does their hunger go low and make vampires pass out?), then setting this to 0/hour should stop them from passing out. I suppose one could simply stop ALL sims from passing out for whaterver reason using the age filter in the passout_sim xml file.