Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 5:59 PM
Default What's OP in TS3?
Things that you find overpowered/cheaty in the vanilla game, without cheats.

Thing that comes to mind is Motive Mobile. Į don't think the driver's energy should be refilled, nor fun and social when alone. Maybe it's suppose to be magicial van, but then it would need to have alluded description or something. Also, there's no cool down of sorts, so you can quickly refill all motive on the go.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:00 PM
The University Brain Enhancing Machine especially 2.0. You can really quickly level quite a few skills also change sims name and traits easily, especially considering trait change is a lifetime reward. I've observed that the charisma skill from my experiments also ignores friend requirements if leveled up this way. Also Supernatural's gem cutting machine combined with tiberium from World Adventures and the Consignment Store from Ambitions can get you rich really fast, since also the Tiberium dust also grows into big spires.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 10:30 PM
Motherlode.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 7:34 AM
Martial Arts will make you very rich once you have completed Timber Terminator challenge (very fast to get while just breaking oak boards). When you break space rocks after this, random gems drop.

Quote: Originally posted by Octomb
Also Supernatural's gem cutting machine combined with tiberium from World Adventures and the Consignment Store from Ambitions can get you rich really fast, since also the Tiberium dust also grows into big spires.

Omg, I didn't know that, this makes it even better! Thanks.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I think both the steal bladder and the shower clean reward is bugged? permanently put those 2 on fullbar or something. but maybe they fixed it. i remember awesome mod use to fix this, maybe NRAAS fixes it too.

IME, it means they pee and/or shower once every 2 days, depending on activity levels. I've got farmers and athletic sims who'd be showering three times a day if they didn't have this reward.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Motherlode.

Other than cheats?
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I think both the steal bladder and the shower clean reward is bugged? permanently put those 2 on fullbar or something. but maybe they fixed it. i remember awesome mod use to fix this, maybe NRAAS fixes it too.

Steel Bladder suppose to be function like that (according to its description), while Dirt Defiant makes the motive decay slower.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 3:57 PM
Insurance fraud with your witch Just burn down your house and then use restoration ritual. Though you have to be level 9 at spellcasting which takes quite a while. Unless you have that store content book which lets you quickly level up. However burning the house with magic often earns you more money than you lost so it's still going to quickly make you rich even if you don't have restoration ritual. You can even start the fire outside the house in your yard.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 8:47 AM Last edited by parrot999 : 27th Nov 2019 at 8:57 AM.
Cheating the lotto numbers in ITF comes to mind. I got hundreds of thousands in the lotto, invested it in various businesses, and now my sim has massive free income and basically owns half of the town... after like... ten sim days. So I'd say that's OP... esp considering it is something you can do literally on day one!

Also, don't know if this is from one of my mods, or a glitch, or normal behavior, but remodeling nonactive owned residential properties in my game is 100% free, and it costs nothing to switch houses and move into a lot that was freely kitted out.... Which is... impossibly broken to the point I actually cheated AWAY money so as to compensate.
Inventor
#10 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 8:40 PM
Collecting wild flowers. I want to be able to sell some flowers for those prices in real life
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 6:20 AM
Honestly, most methods of making money are super easy in TS3. The one that bugs me the most is how easy it is to progress and make tons of money in the rabbithole jobs. I use a higher bills mod to make things harder, plus a minimum wage mod so that sims working a normal 9-5 job don't make so much money.

Building relationships too. Especially with the Charisma skill, you just introduce yourself and bam! Instant friends.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 8:57 AM
Would be kind of cool if Sims could get stuck in a lousy job. The game kinda forces you to at least give them a good, if not great job while most of my Sims are in their 20s. Quite a few of them would realistically still be mopping floors at McDonalds or scanning groceries. Then again, many of my 20-something year old peers have really cool jobs so who knows what's normal. I can't say I've worked on national broadcast television, and I haven't run a hosting company either.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#13 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 2:11 PM
Wild Flowers
Forum Resident
#14 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Wild Flowers

Heh, they really are. I mentioned that to one of my kids the other day when my destitute sim picked some Cosmos, that was worth 600 simoleons.
I also sold some Tiberium at the consignment store, on a sim with the Suave Seller lifetime reward. What was a 40k gem from inventory, sold for 85k.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Inventor
#15 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 8:24 PM
Getting stuck in a lousy job would be interesting but as it is, it's impossible. I tried it once with a Sim who did nothing that was required of her; it took her longer than usual but eventually, she reached the top all the same. The only ones who can get stuck are, in my experience, children on C-grade, if the combination of holidays, weekends and snow days is just right (wrong?), but that's a different story.
Theorist
#16 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 10:36 PM
They should have to go on job interviews in the Sims. Go on interview, be humiliated or discouraged while looking for a job. Or they come home with a message saying "So and So" had a job interview at the Landgrabb Science Center and observed how the boss shouted at several employees and decided it was not the place to find employment. I wish in real life you could "just walk into the career of your choice."

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#17 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
They should have to go on job interviews in the Sims. Go on interview, be humiliated or discouraged while looking for a job. Or they come home with a message saying "So and So" had a job interview at the Landgrabb Science Center and observed how the boss shouted at several employees and decided it was not the place to find employment. I wish in real life you could "just walk into the career of your choice."

There’s a mod for that!

http://modthesims.info/d/629524/job...tober-2019.html
Scholar
#18 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Honestly, most methods of making money are super easy in TS3. The one that bugs me the most is how easy it is to progress and make tons of money in the rabbithole jobs. I use a higher bills mod to make things harder, plus a minimum wage mod so that sims working a normal 9-5 job don't make so much money.

Building relationships too. Especially with the Charisma skill, you just introduce yourself and bam! Instant friends.

Yep Sims 3 is just one big party that never ends. It's also very easy and effortless to stay in a good mood because the positive moodlets are too strong. You shouldn't be feeling that good because your needs are met.
This problem is even more intensified in Sims 4. The way Sims 3 got around this is by overloading us with features and content. But a mod to weaken the positive moodlets and make jobs harder will be interesting. Sims 1 was so hard, there were cockroaches everywhere and I had to live a few days with nothing but chips. Oh and that Jazz player kept stalking me everywhere.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Instructor
#19 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Wild Flowers

This, my sim just made $2000+ for the 10-12 flowers that took her about 15 in game minutes to pick. If only they were like that irl
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 4:50 PM
To be fair we also don't spend §700 in bills twice a week. Maybe the Sim currency is just inflated, considering a pizza costs §35. But then you can buy a 3 bedroom home with a garage and a back yard for like §25k, which wouldn't even get you half the garage where I live.

Edit: I lied. There's a garage for sale for €35k near me. 18 square meters of glorious living space with no heat, no running water, and one dying lightbulb.

insert signature here
Instructor
#21 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 10:02 AM
Yeah, some things - mainly food - are ridiculously priced but considering how easy it is to make money in the game it's still not much. I usually make them pay even higher bills, too. Just their water bill should be immense - considering how by default it takes them half a day to take a shower and even more for a bath. In the end it gets near impossible to play poor/not that well off sims if you don't manually take their money away.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Sims 1 was so hard, there were cockroaches everywhere and I had to live a few days with nothing but chips. Oh and that Jazz player kept stalking me everywhere.

I remember getting stuck in some building in Old Town because the jazz player refused to leave the spot right in front of the only door. I quit the game, and after that I put two doors in every building so it wouldn't happen again...

I really like collecting gems and so on but yeah, it's a easy way to make money, especially if you also send your pets hunting. I usually don't sell the valuables immediately, but put them in a chest and sell them when I need the money. I have probably downloaded every chest-like object from Aroundthesims and use them frequently. I also use the mod for higher bills.

Although I really enjoy the existence of moodlets, some of them could definitely be toned down. For example, I think the positive moodlet for clean clothes when using a washing machine lasts way too long.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 9:26 AM
Another OP in my opinion is the writing skill, even though I actually like it. Not only a skilled writer can make over §1.000 a week on royalties, but children can do this too. And if they have the right traits, they can write bestseller after bestseller. Or if they also have painting skill high, with University Life installed, they can write a comic book after comic book that will make a lot of money. That way, kids can be useful, but it's real OP and unrealistic on top of that. Did you ever hear of an elementary school kid making so much money writing a book? Not that I really complain
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Another OP in my opinion is the writing skill, even though I actually like it.

I'm guessing it was a bug but when I only had the base game, the writing skill didn't go up when writing books but only when using "practice writing". I really liked it , I could have some sim writing tons of books but still be a medioker writer. Quantity ≠ Quality.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 5:44 PM
For me writing a book does increase writing skill, but it will not progress until the Sim will end writing either by finishing the book or by cancelling the writing. After that the Sim will progress as intended and sometime even by more than one level.