Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 8:34 PM Last edited by cookiemonstermeus : 29th Dec 2019 at 8:45 PM.
Default Textures do not appear on CAW
I'm new to this forum and sorry for the writing. I'm Portuguese and i'm using the translator.
The sims 3 world editor (CAW) when editing in-game textures does not appear.
I painted the world with the textures, i saved the world later when i edit the game the textures don't appear, otherwise everything is working fine. What could it be? Help.

Image in create a world:

Image in edit in game with no terrain texture:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 6:58 AM
Did you create the world yourself, or are you editing an existing world?

Did you rename the textures, or moved them to a different folder? That usually causes issues like these (even if it looks normal on CAW). Did you use some brownish coloured texture under your lots? If not, you can see already in CAW that something is wrong. It should be simple to fix though, simply reassign the textures in CAW again. Click on edit and navigate to where the texture is and save it again. Do this for each texture in the list.

Another reason it may look like there are no textures (it's not that clear from the picture) might be related due to missing weather ini files. Some weather profiles can make look everything as grey and cloudy as it looks in your screenshot, with all colours heavily desaturated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 1:06 PM
I made a world of mine, the textures used the ones that were already standard when creating a new world, I only used those. I've tried to put the textures back on and still they look like this. I even exported the world and used it in the game and it looks the same.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 1:30 PM
Did you delete all world caches (in the User data folder and the User Create a world folder) before saving the world in caw?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 2:27 PM Last edited by cookiemonstermeus : 30th Dec 2019 at 3:11 PM.
One more thing I downloaded a world of the Sunset Valley base game, I open in caw and open in-game edit the textures look good, but if I paint in caw, that same place where I painted is also like that.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
As Norn says. Did you remove the cache?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 2:41 PM
Yes I deleted the cache and even uninstalled and came back to install caw.
I created a new world with the heightmap (SmallFlatMap100), and painted it all with textures, opened it in the in-game edit and just got a lot painted with the textures and the rest with the marrow.