Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:15 PM
Default Animations
What you people think? are we finally going to able of edit our own animations?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:22 PM
We can now, using Animesh. Do you mean will EA give us tools to edit animations for Sims 3? Not a chance in hell. If we can make all manner of new things easily, where's the incentive to buy expansion packs? They throw us just enough of a bone in the form of stuff like Body Shop or Homecrafter, but all the rest we have to do ourselves - they know we will, as we've proven with SimPE, Animesh, Unimesh, etc., so why should they spend the money on programmers to make tools to have their player base compete with their retail sales?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:30 PM
Of course they wont risk losing money but, I mean you think it will be easir to edit animations in the sims 3? I have this hunch that tells me that we are going be editing our own animations....don´t ask me why...I just now it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:34 PM
No, I don't mean it will be easier to edit animations - I think it will be the exact same uphill climb and a hell of a lot of research and effort by very smart people to eventually figure out how to do it (and it still won't be easy, but it'll be possible) that it was with Sims 2. And with Sims 3 being more complex - and with EA realizing we figured it out with Sims 2, they might make it even harder to figure out intentionally - I don't think it will be easier at all. If anything, it'll be a lot harder.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:01 PM
I don't think they'd purposefully make it harder for us. If they were like that about it, they probably wouldn't add any more modelling/CC tools, would they? After all, what was possible with the sims 2 was enough of a "bone" for us, that's evident.

Plus, being able to create our own animations wouldn't stop people from buying EPs, just like being able to make our own clothes doesn't stop people from downloading other's.