Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:13 AM
Default "Stop Acting Inappropriately!"
Okay, a while back my sim was in Egypt and she accidently clogged up some guy's toilet in his house. She started unclogging it, and he was all like "Stop acting inappropriately or we'll have to ask you to leave." Dude, she was doing you a FAVOR. When she woohoo'ed her new Egyptian boytoy on some stranger's bed when said stranger was just in the other room, yeah, THAT was freaking inappropriate, man! You don't chew people out for fixing your stuff! Stupid Egyptian local guy

There's really no point to this, I just wanted to rant I realize there's a lifetime reward to fix this, but it's stupid so I don't wanna use it. There are times when I want the foreign sims to be outraged
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:31 PM
Heh Yeah I know what you mean. That reward is particularly awesome for travelling sims though. There are quite a few adventures that take place on owned lots. I first ran into it when taking a nap on the sofa of a secret base under the house... which I had stealthily broken into by triggering secret doors and evading diabolical traps... only to be yelled at by the matron of the house for lying down on a sofa
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:54 PM
Today my sim got kicked out of her best friends house for making hot dogs. Hot dogs! After my sim got in her car her friend came out of her house and died of old age on her front lawn Even though she was a mean old lady it still made me sad to see her die.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Heh Yeah I know what you mean. That reward is particularly awesome for travelling sims though. There are quite a few adventures that take place on owned lots. I first ran into it when taking a nap on the sofa of a secret base under the house... which I had stealthily broken into by triggering secret doors and evading diabolical traps... only to be yelled at by the matron of the house for lying down on a sofa

So that woman totally got past all of those traps just to yell at you?! That is too funny! "Hey, I live in a house above a secret base full of deadly and terrible traps, but DAMN IT I don't like people napping on my sofas!"
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:26 AM
Another thing that I feel the need to express, a fire started, one of my brave Sims put it out. Then a few moments later the fire fighters showed up and fined me for calling them when there was no fire! Seriously! The entire kitchen (and offending cake) was an ash pit!!

$500 for inappropriate use of emergency services my arse!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:38 PM
lol what a classic thread. I love the stoopidness of sims! It seriously adds to their charm! I had a sim start a fire on her bf's lot and the mother of the bf was yelling at her for cooking in the first place while all the other sims were freaking out over the fire. I found it hilarious cos i could actually SEE that happening in real life, like, WHY THE HECK DID YOU START COOKING? NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!! It was so funny!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 10:56 PM
The annoyingness of 'acting inappropriately' when doing perfectly normal things. If you've stayed over somewhere it is completely normal to have a shower in the morning, in fact, I would say it would be inappropriate to NOT shower! And being told off for making food? Well perhaps if the other sim actually fed my sim then she might not have to make food herself!

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I first ran into it when taking a nap on the sofa of a secret base under the house... which I had stealthily broken into by triggering secret doors and evading diabolical traps... only to be yelled at by the matron of the house for lying down on a sofa
Argh this! A house in Egypt with a tomb underneath, my sim had spent hours going all through it taking any treasures she came across, but as soon as she whipped her tent out and tried to have a kip the entire family came down and stood around it and asked her to leave! What the hell?!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:36 AM
Srikandi: your post about the sofa made me lol

I give the inappropriate but in a good way to quite many sims. Usually to sims who have a very deep relationship with another sim, and their relationship is such that it's logical that the other sim would occationally invite my sims to dinner. For example to the parents of sims who have moved out, as well as to the kids who moved out. Because as unfortunate as it is, the only way to have dinner at your friend's house, is to cook it yourself.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#9 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:38 AM
AwesomeMod fixes the problem with WA sims complaining about "inappropriate" behavior inside tombs located on their lots, as when they go to complain about it, they can actually get stuck down there and die, which generally messes up the game. Plus, it's stupid and makes no sense.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM
This happened to me before getting WA as well. Whenever you try and repair something or try to cook, you are "acting inappropriately."
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:28 PM
And if a Sim with the Neat trait stays over, they'll always make the bed in the morning, triggering the Rude Guest moodlet. An annoying aspect of the game.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 7:43 AM
A lot of what the game call inappropriate should not be. Yes cooking, and sleeping if you are not staying over. Showering, okay only if you and the owner work out together or spar. Nothing in tobs should even affect the hose above them UNTIL you finish them and leave them unlocked for the family to explore later - then yes I suppose they could get a sense of owning the tomb.